Surinder Badal Dead.

Singh559

As she is dead we should not slander her. There is a saying in Punjabi

Dushman marre ta khushi na kariye

Sajjana be mar jana

One should not rejoice over the death of an enemy

As friends will also die one day

I guess ur right, i removed the picture.

Let's take the higher moral ground on this one. Like GPS Ji said, it doesn't befit a Sikh to gloat or revel in the aftermath of someone's death.

It's not a case of slandering anyone after their death but surely the truth should be told whether the person it relates to is alive of dead. I remember in 1997 when Badal came to power he didn't have a tenth of the wealth he has now. I was told a story about how a close relative of the badals went to visit Badal to a permit to run buses on a particular route. It was well known that you had to bring a wad of notes in order to get the permit. Badal never dirtied his hand with the bribes and it was always his wife who handled the cash. When this relative of the Badals came to Badal, Badal was ok with giving him a permit without taking the bribe but his wife would have none of it, apparently said that he would only need to give half the bribe and even Badal was embarrassed and said he was powerless to change the 'faisla' of his wife once made.

Let's be honest, she was well known to go to any anti-Panthic 'guru' and baba going even flouting the hukumnamas of the Akal Takht. It was because of patronage of people like her that every dambhi baba in Punjab thought he could stand up to the Khalsa panth. It is because of her that Sacha Sauda has become so powerful. If you want to learn a lesson from his life then it is this, that no amount of power and wealth will allow you to escape death in the end. No doubt she died a painful death.

It's not a case of slandering anyone after their death but surely the truth should be told whether the person it relates to is alive of dead. I remember in 1997 when Badal came to power he didn't have a tenth of the wealth he has now. I was told a story about how a close relative of the badals went to visit Badal to a permit to run buses on a particular route. It was well known that you had to bring a wad of notes in order to get the permit. Badal never dirtied his hand with the bribes and it was always his wife who handled the cash. When this relative of the Badals came to Badal, Badal was ok with giving him a permit without taking the bribe but his wife would have none of it, apparently said that he would only need to give half the bribe and even Badal was embarrassed and said he was powerless to change the 'faisla' of his wife once made.

Let's be honest, she was well known to go to any anti-Panthic 'guru' and baba going even flouting the hukumnamas of the Akal Takht. It was because of patronage of people like her that every dambhi baba in Punjab thought he could stand up to the Khalsa panth. It is because of her that Sacha Sauda has become so powerful. If you want to learn a lesson from his life then it is this, that no amount of power and wealth will allow you to escape death in the end. No doubt she died a painful death.

This is correct. I was once, during my college days told by a bus conductor mate in Punjab that he too went for recruitment for PRTC Bus conductors 'interview' and the trend was to meet Bibi ji(Surinder Kaur) with one lakh rupees at bungalow and he didn't have that sum and thus missed out on govt job. Corruption is has always been rife in Badals' circles.

Waheguru is the best judge and indeed he'll do justice to everyone.

Like I've said before, I'm no fan of the Badals. They've contributed to the gradual erosion of Sikhi in Panjab more than anyone. But if anyone is happy she's dead then that's fine too. I won't be gloating about it on the internet (not that I'm saying anyone is) even though I agree that bad people (or those that associate with bad people) do eventually get their comeuppance.

Seriously, no matter how bad a person is, we should never publically gloat or celebrate their deaths. We should resist that temptation. Some of us might be old enough to remember how some guy 'celebrating' Indira Gandhi's death with patakay and barfi in Southall was filmed and how this film was used by Indian Door Darshan to help whip up anti-Sikh sentiment in the populace.

To me it is a matter of decorum. Better we put a steely face on such things, whatever our emotions might be.