beadbi of SGGS ji bySIKHS

Guest mehtab

I have seen many so called sikhs in my town Salt Lake City who do beadbi of SGGS ji at their home.I have seen many eating meat, drinking, cussin day and night in the same home they kept SGGS ji in.

Sometimes I think of going there and telling them to be in rehit but most of umm are cut hair (all of umm infact, except one) and they r kinda older than me so I feel that they wont listen to me.

But it really hurts me seeing my Guru ji in such a state and I feel very bad by just thinking about it.

WHAT SHUD BE DONE??????

Vaheguroo ohmy.gif

Singh ji here's what we need to do, get all the addresses where this takes place, find out if possible any proper gursikhs in that area, along with the contact for the panj pyaray, if possible..

If you already have the addresses please post em here, so someone in that area can look more into it. This is utter be-adbi of who we call our Guru, father, mother, everything, can we let this happen to our own mothers, fathers, brothers? C'mon sangato, anyone in this area willing to step forward, and take laha for this seva, please come forward.

We need to stop this be-adbi and not turn our backs on Guru sahib, then guru sahib will turn his back on us, when our accounts are taken up..

Bhula chuka muaf!

Singhji,

Beadbi of Guruji is hard to bear and it’s extremely upsetting for a GurSikh to have to blatantly see it.

Being a youth, we can feel that we are in a weak position to have any impact. At the end of the day we stand against extremist Islamic groups who attack Guruji when in our own community there is the same paap going on, even worse.

Singh, just be blatant and honest and say how you as a GurSikh feel to the people. Challenge them on what they think they are doing. If you can get GurSikhs together and visit these people, it will add even more weight and impact. You’re not being a group of thugs or anything, you are going as the concerned Sangat and you can diplomatically discuss the issues of beadbi.

Name & shame!! It’s not unethical, it can impact. You can put posters up in your local Gurdwaras, ok they may eventually get taken down, but Sangat may look and reflect on their own actions.

We are in a bad situation today because of the older generation turning a blind eye to all the beadbi. Many of us have grown up seeing beadbi around us taking place unquestioned. The Punjabi community in the West moan about how we loose youth to other faiths, well what do they expect when they act as the biggest hypocrites and do all these anti-Gurmat acts. How do they expect the youth to look up to them as Sikh role models??

We need to start somewhere, make examples of people, raise awareness to our own people that beadbi cannot and should not be tolerated. It’s the only way. We are all Guruji’s ambassadors and have a duty to perform.

It’s a long road ahead of us and we can’t change the bad practices overnight. But we can start the ball r

olling and be collectively responsible for implementing reforms.

Guest mehtab

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I know it can be really hard to talk to elders about such matters, as they tend to shut you up saying you are too young to debate with us, or don't you have any respect decency how to talk to elders, or mind your own business. Well, they need to respect Guruji before for us respect them, and secondly, its our Guruji, so it IS OUR DAM BUSINESS!

Here is what I feel should work. Just talk to them as politely you can about it. Nimarta is a great gift Guruji has blessed us with. Tell them how you are bothered, and use phrases like "I am telling you because I am your well wisher and also don't want you to unknowingly do any beadbi of Gurujee that you may be doing". If they are rational minded, they will appreciate your concern. If they are the typical Punjabi egoists, they will get rude. At that point, tell them that you know people who can take care of it in a "not so nice" way. Don't make it sound like a threat! Just a notice like thing. Do not get violent.

If things get messy and they end up contacting the cops saying you are harassing them for no reason, say it plain and clear that they are disrespecting your holy scripture (sorry, I mean SRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB) and you cannot bear to see it. The cops should understand. This is a free country. You have the right to get together with Sikh organizations and put pressure on these people to stop the beadbi. And don't buy the crap "its my house, its my personal business...mind your own business...you have no right" stuff. Its SRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB we are talkign about

!!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

ps : on a side note, I am getting sick and tired of people doing beadbi of Guruji in their homes. Dam it why do you have to bring saroop if you can't even keep it with love and respect!!

I know a person who has multi million trucking company in bay area. His big mansion style house has full WET BAR with loads of drinks and then in the same house he has guru granth sahib jee room and the same person take care of all religious duty everyday.. There are hundreds of ppls like this everywhere..

We should spread awareness and give them a professional presentation before we take the last step of taking guru sahib jee away..

Guest mehtab

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

There are a few stories I read in Bhai Rama Singh Jee's IN SEARCH OF THE TRUE GURU where Bhaisahib tells how miserable some families were who had SGGS at home and the saroop was not kept with respect. So Balwinder veerjee, you may wanna alert them!!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

I know a person who has multi million trucking company in bay area. His big mansion style house has full WET BAR with loads of drinks and then in the same house he has guru granth sahib jee room and the same person take care of all religious duty everyday.. There are hundreds of ppls like this everywhere..

We should spread awareness and give them a professional presentation before we take the last step of taking guru sahib jee away..

Exactly what my point would have been too. THere are hundreds of people like these jio, if not hundred ... maybe thousands.. all over te world. Who keep guru ji at their home but at the same time have a bar set up, eat meat, or do any other anti gurmat stuff.

Only way we can at least stop this is one of two ways: Either talk to them in person, and all the rest we dont know about we spread it in gurdwaras to tell the committee to spread out. They canannouce out to sangat that this is how to keep guru ji maharaj at your home. Only then maybe some will have some sort of an effect.

BRinging singhs, to their homes and demanding respect, will only cause a commotion. May lead to many barable stuff, would guru ji be happy wit this ???

Like Mehtab ji said, we have to talk to them politely and explain to them, even they are older than us, but not allare wise including us. We all are the same, according to our gurus, so let

s explain to them.

bhul chuk maph!

Thanks for ur responses veer jio. The people about whom I am talking about are very prominent personalities in gurudwara sahib and infact the ones who started gurudwara sahib.They donated huge amounts of money to build gurudwara sahib.Thats the reason I didn't talk to them about it. Some guys told me that they talked with them about it but they did not agree and continued with the beadbi.

I dont know how to handle this as I am kinda new here and I dont even socalize with them.

Also, I am sure that the committe will not allow granthi ji to speak about it in gurudwara sahib.

I dont know what to do no.gif