Maharaaj Parkash On A Beach?

I am not referring to weddings here but just in general...

Does anybody know if Guru Arjun Dev Ji took the Adi Granth outside, or out of doors, or into the open air, ever? And did the 10 Gurus ever go out doors themselves too? i.el. to a beautiful location like a mountain top of river side to do Naam Jap?

Sometimes I am truely in awe of nature's beauty as created by Vaheguru!

Sometimes, after the diwan is over, I feel like going out into the beautiful sunshine and experiencing this great creation Vaheguru has created for us! I would never like to be confined to the man made indoors for weeks, months, or years on end, knowing I was missing out on the beauty outdoors.

Should we not, as Servants of the Mighty eternal SatGuru, Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaaj, not carry our Guru in a Palki on our shoulders, or on our Turbaned heads to the beautiful places of nature, which our very Guru refers too!

Like I say, this is not to do with weddings, but just with the fact on whether Maharaaj should be Parkaash in beautiful places or not? Beautiful places like a beach, moutain top, river side etc. Did Sikhs have Maharaaj with them when they had to live in the Jungles?

I am not making a point here, I'm just wondering if the places that posses the most natural beauty, on this earth, are actually, the best places, for our Maharaaj?

Don't beat me up, this is a genuine 'heart felt' question to those more knowledgeable than me! Our Guru Ji, King of Kings, is worth the best of the best!

Phal, chuk, maaf!

ਬਲਿਹਾਰੀ ਕੁਦਰਤਿ ਵਸਿਆ ॥

ਤੇਰਾ ਅੰਤੁ ਨ ਜਾਈ ਲਖਿਆ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

I thing Guru Granth Sahib Ji is the mobile teeratha... where ever we take it, that place becomes teeratha... the Beach has also become teeratha by the presence of Guru Granth Sahib Ji....

and HE is omnipresent... Lets be open... Ours is the modern n liberal Religion... Our core is spirituality.... Bani has the power to transform everything....

Sat Shri Akal...

Guest Ksingh5

What are you on? Yes! it is about feelings. Feelings, thoughts and perspectives are key things that shape respect.

Why are you getting so heated?? Based on my opinion, you sound like a fanatic.

Again you are wrong! Gurbani is not 'only relevant' to the Sikh community as you put it. Muslims and hindus are seated in gurbani and countless members of these communities as well as others recite gurbani with their heads covered… yes gurbani does have relevance to them – it did back then and it does today. Also at least 35% of visitors to Sri Harimandir Sahib are non Sikhs. I am not going to do your research for you, if you really do have an interest on different views of gurbani sahib you can find the evidence yourself. The fact that you are unaware shows your ignorance.

Yes, I do understand Gurbani has Muslim and Hindu saints are seated in them but still does not prove it has any relevance within their faith. Relevance is only regarding to the Sikh faith itself and the followers of the Sikh religion. Hinds and Muslims still follow their customs and traditions, and have not adopted anything of Gurbani (Talking of mainstream Hindu and Muslim)

Those 35% of non Sikhs you are talking about are tourists, who have come to see the Golden temple. They have not come for spiritual enlightenment or some sort of salvation. If they do find it there then that's a bonus.

My friend you have mentioned about gurbani interest in other faith other than Sikhs, so I think it is only right for you to back your statement.

Don't call someone ignorant because they question your beliefs.

Your totally against Sikhs wearing traditional attire because you feel it is 'rediculous' and out dated. However, western clothes such as trousers and shirts have been around since longer – should all communities stop wearing their traditional attire and drift from their cultural traditions just because you are unhappy about it? It is not a case of desire or being attached to attire, it's a case of choice, and to be honest it is none of your business what people wear. Don't loose sleep over it. I don't understand why you are belly dancing about it when it has nothing to do with this thread. If you still feel strongly about Sikhs wearing traditional attire, criticise them to their face (which I doubt you would do) or plan b, make a thread about it.

My friend you are just making U turns on your statements. You are talking about culture now? I have nothing against what people wear, they can walk around naked and yes you are 100% right, it is none of my business.

My friend dont assume things - criticise them to their face (which I doubt you would do). I have questioned many at my local Gurdwara, surprisingly they are very defensive in their reply.

So you are talking about attachment to your attire, aren't you suppose to break away from your worldly attachments? That's what you have mentioned in your previous posts that it's supposed to be spiritualistic.

"Sikhs follow maryada and traditions, that is a form of unnecessary materialistic practices" -

you have come on the board with a clear intent to discourage Sikhs from wearing baana, and discourage Sikhs from supporting maryada. you have generalised all Sikh traditions and dubbed them as 'materalistic practices'... on this basis you should not partake in guru ka langar, recieving degh, aardas, covering your head when reciting gurbani sahib or any other Sikh traditions.

It's my opinion and if this is how you have translated it, then so be it

with a view point of this nature, are you really surprised that users (such as only five) doubt that you are a Sikh? you give that impression. we welcome non sikhs providing they do not dictate to us what our dress code should be and they have a level a respect which is not much to ask for.

Users such as Only five are great comedians, he did bring a smile to my face.

If that is what some users think of me then let them be. I have not come on this forum to prove to anyone, if I'm a Sikh or not.

Maharaj saroop is taken through streets at nagar kirtans, parkash has been done on mountain tops and carried through battle with respect. More then enough evidence has been given to show that there is nothing wrong with these practices. Once these threads keep going they go down a slippery slope and get nasty. Nobody is going to change there mind if they haven't so already, so close the thread.

Maharaj saroop is taken through streets at nagar kirtans, parkash has been done on mountain tops and carried through battle with respect. More then enough evidence has been given to show that there is nothing wrong with these practices. Once these threads keep going they go down a slippery slope and get nasty. Nobody is going to change there mind if they haven't so already, so close the thread.

Nagar kirtan have a purpose, what anti-gurmat practices are happening on mountain tops and Maharaj carried during battles has the purpose of carrrying on Akhand Paats, taking Hukams and among others. Now tell us what purpose there is to disrespect Maharaj for something that can take place at the Gurdwara???????

You took an apple and called it an orange.