Maharaaj Parkash On A Beach?

I am not referring to weddings here but just in general...

Does anybody know if Guru Arjun Dev Ji took the Adi Granth outside, or out of doors, or into the open air, ever? And did the 10 Gurus ever go out doors themselves too? i.el. to a beautiful location like a mountain top of river side to do Naam Jap?

Sometimes I am truely in awe of nature's beauty as created by Vaheguru!

Sometimes, after the diwan is over, I feel like going out into the beautiful sunshine and experiencing this great creation Vaheguru has created for us! I would never like to be confined to the man made indoors for weeks, months, or years on end, knowing I was missing out on the beauty outdoors.

Should we not, as Servants of the Mighty eternal SatGuru, Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaaj, not carry our Guru in a Palki on our shoulders, or on our Turbaned heads to the beautiful places of nature, which our very Guru refers too!

Like I say, this is not to do with weddings, but just with the fact on whether Maharaaj should be Parkaash in beautiful places or not? Beautiful places like a beach, moutain top, river side etc. Did Sikhs have Maharaaj with them when they had to live in the Jungles?

I am not making a point here, I'm just wondering if the places that posses the most natural beauty, on this earth, are actually, the best places, for our Maharaaj?

Don't beat me up, this is a genuine 'heart felt' question to those more knowledgeable than me! Our Guru Ji, King of Kings, is worth the best of the best!

Phal, chuk, maaf!

I'm not having a pop at your posts or opinions and by no means have I jumped to any conclusions, I simply stated some facts in response to some valid points. If we don't discuss then we'll be none the wiser. Please dont take my post as me getting worked up or personal, it's just food for thought and set out as questions to ponder rather than conclusive opinions not just in response to your points but in the discussion as a whole.

Peace.

thas beautiful setting.

a gurdwara is only such, because of guru ji is in there, else it would not b a guruwara. prakaash used to be done like this in the olden days. in the forest/mountains.

those were the days...

its good so long as no random naked pplz g running accross the beach!

The thing is, where is this heading?

with the new trend for exotic weddings, How are we going to monitor and control where Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaaj are taken?

whats the knock on affect? one family conducts with respect, another does it for the sake of exotic wedding photos, and ends up in an inappropriate environment?

Paraatan Singh's took Maharaaj ji out through 100% love and dedication. It wasn't for their own wedding day. It was a through pyaar for Maharaaj. Baba Nand Singh ji would see a beautiful day, and think how selfish of me would it be to take a stroll in such nice weather and leave my Guru Sahib behind.

Have any of us thought that?

That was love. they we're in love with Guru Sahib.

As a general rule, Anand Karaj should take place in the Guru Ghar. You come bowed with nimratan to your guru sahib, ask them for their blessing.

If Amritdhari Sikhs want to hold a smaagam outdoors, as happens very often especially in Panjab, then it is not an issue, as long the obvious protocol is respected. Saying that.. it is very difficult to control.

I don't know if you remember "kirtan in the park", but there were smokers and people with their hair uncovered. It is very difficult to monitor.

All i see here is another platform to a new fashionable trend and inevitably more inappropriate situations and beadbi.

Guest Ksingh5

no one is denying that there are bigger issues regarding the Sikhs, however there are other threads to discuss them. You have also put forward a very strong opinion on a topic that you consider as minor.

This is based on my opinion my friend and Yes I do consider this a minor topic.

whether sikh or muslims or anyother community for that matter, any group of people will feel sensitive towards something they feel is sacred.

It's not about feelings here, you sound like a fanatic.

Are you indicating that you have a problem that Sikhs who mind their own business and wear their traditional attire? … on one hand, you have said Sikhs pick on issues that do not matter such as 'Guru Granth Sahib Ji on the beach' and 'Tables and chairs in Langar', yet at the same time you draw unnecessary attention to Sikhs wearing "traditional clothes". Also, you will do well to learn fashion is materialistic, Sikhi is spiritualistic.

You say Sikhs are spiritualistic, but Sikhs are still attached to traditional attire. Am I right or wrong? So you may not have desire for fashionable clothing of 21st century but you still have desire to wear something from the 17th century Punjab region.

Gurbani is relevant to humanity today, and always has been. Many renowned non Sikhs have said this and given reasons why. Just because we have Sikh Traditions and maintain maryada, that does not mean we are incompatible with 2011. We do not need to implement unecessary materialistic practices to prove this.

No, Gurbani is only relevant to you and the Sikh community.

Show me some evidence of what non Sikhs have said and given reasons why?

My friend, You are contradicting yourself, you have just mentioned "We do not need to implement unecessary materialistic practices to prove this"., Sikhs follow maryada and traditions, that is still a form of unnecessary materialistic practices .

do you agree with Guru Granth Sahib JI Maharaj being taken to party halls on the basis of "jithe baba pair dare.." ... becasue i am wondering where would you draw the line?

Guest Ksingh5

You sound like a hippie who misses his weed.

What is traditional about it? And if you want to get smart, then two can play at that game.

Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji Maharaj blessed the Khalsa with this attire. It's his Saroop. Your damn right we have a desire to represent the Khalsa.

Said the hippie that now sounds like a hardcore atheist.

Explain dude....or is the weed to strong and everything is a trip. Get off the drugs and maybe you won't sound like a punjabi that gets drunk and starts slandering Sants.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!

This is excellent; I have been called number of things in my life but never an atheist hippy. Well, I'll note that one down for future reference.

By the tone of your post, I think you need the weed more than me.

It's all good; life is good and colour full people like you, who make life worth living.

Thank you for bringing a smile to face.

Surely, you are truly gifted.

My 2 cents, nothing wrong with it, they look to have created the palki properly with the appropriate ramalay, chaur sahib, all are seated and seem entrenched in the kirtan, respect doesn't seem lost at all. Besides, does our Guru need us to 'protect' him from the outside world? It seems rather silly to think so, Guru Nanak traveled countless miles, Gurus fought numerous battles, now all of sudden we cower at the thought of our Guru on a beach? Remember, the Gurus themselves use to give sermons and kirtan outdoors, under trees, along riverbeds etc. Don't see anything wrong with Guru sahib present for kirtan in Waheguru's wondrous nature.