Its Time To Let 1984 Go

KALLY

The thing is, its not like blacks and slavery. Slavery is over but attacks and evil against the Sikhs is not. When a Sikh tries investigating 1984, he/she ends up disappearing. This along with the fact that there has not been justice makes the Sikhs blood boil in anger. Its still going on, its not over, that's the point.

And important fact about slavery was that governments accepted wrong doings, ML king etc fought and won equal human rights for blacks.

Yeah , We should not forget them , but forgive them .

Anyways , do you guyz know that Indian govt with help of delhi has made a memorial as a tribute to shaheedi of Guru Teg Bahadur sahib .. Hindus do respect us a lot and also have sharda in our gurus . See , now they made a big garden like memorial with 9 plaques which describe principles of sikhi and shaheedi of 9th guru . And I saw it yesterday on TV that there was a very big tall khanda rising from a baata ... so , guys if someone's giving us love , lets return love ... Atleast , we Hindustani sikhs like to live as Indians smile.gif

I understand what Kally is try to say here and i think it is always good to have different viewpoints and than talk about it. Also, Some of us should control our anger and learn on how to express our feelings without bursting out our negativity on our brothers and sisters.

Getting back on topic.. I think it would be much easier and fair to us in general and to our shaheeds who lost their jeevan in 70's/80's struggle is when we have our basic demands met in Punjab. Government not allowing us to enjoy few simple demands such as "Anand Karaj Marriage" is the only reason why ppl remember the struggle started by sikh kaum.

There are many issues that preventing us to heal from 80's wound:

1. Transfer of Chandigarh to Punjab (as per Rajiv-Longowal act).

2. Transfer of water rights (natural resources) to Punjab Government. (Only punjab state doesn't have power over its natural resources).

3. Naming Amritsar as official "Sikh Holy City" (just like government named hardiwar as hindu holy city).

We all wants to move on but it is govt that is not taking steps forward (which is their duty to do so).

thankyou - it seems your the only one thinkig level headed .. I read the previous posts and soem I must say are slightly elaberated , howvere living in hatred will never get you inner peace - what goes round always come round ...... so those of you saying grow up etc need to look at yourselves and say who is the real one that is childish ...... :cry:

It's obvious from the last couple of posts/topics this person isn't a Sikh and is here just to stir misinformation via media forums.

Typical ,,

Issues that i raise that most hide behind and you advise im not sikh ?? how dare you , its people like you that are destroying sikhism .. shame on you for speaking such rubbish !!:snipershoot:

Jews have actually achieved justice yet the world is always reminded of the holocaust, through documentaries, movies books, memorials etc, and rightly so. Not a single person has yet been prosecuted for dehli november 1984 yet you are saying we should forget about it before we have even resolved the issue. The same injustices that took place then continue to this day. You can't forget about something that isn't even over.

Jews have actually achieved justice yet the world is always reminded of the holocaust, through documentaries, movies books, memorials etc, and rightly so. Not a single person has yet been prosecuted for dehli november 1984 yet you are saying we should forget about it before we have even resolved the issue. The same injustices that took place then continue to this day. You can't forget about something that isn't even over.

The people that commited those awaful crimes are probably long gone now - would you feel better if we to take revenge on their 2nd maybe even 3rd generation that have no wrong doing and are totally innocent - im sure they would feel the same as we do??

Things can not always be black and white. There is not always the blue pill and the red pill. What I am trying to say is, why choose one or the other. You are saying let 1984 go, I am saying remember it more so that it doesn't get repeated again. Remembrance is not the same as hatred. Practically all my friends are Hindus, so should I blame them for 1984?

People who say forget 1984 have vested interest. It is usually a politician sucking up to non-Sikhs. Every Sikh adult and child should know about 1984 and all Sikh sacrifices. Majority of us have not done anything for 1984 victims and their families and probably wont ever do anything either. Therefore the decision to forget can never be ours.