Riots In Uttarakhand

Mehtab Singh

supposedly between Sikhs and Muslims from what I've heard from the Singhs who know people around there. News is floating around that a Gurdwara Sahib was attacked, however the Indian media doesn't even mention the names of the 2 communities.

http://www.indianexp...iolence/854619/

http://zeenews.india...led_734638.html

Note: This is a news piece that just came in. Any post degrading any religion/community will not be tolerated.

Mehatb Singh ji it is the state of Uttrakhandh not UP ,Secondly BJP led goverment is trying to create trouble each year as many sikh pilgrims pass through this state on their way to Hemkunt shaiab .Last year there was also a clash between pilgrims and local shopkeepers the reason DUE ROAD SIDE GURU KA LANGAR RUN BY SINGHS LOCALS ALLEGED THIS AFFECTED THEIR BUSSINESS wHILE SINGHS ALLEGED they were given unhygenic food by local shopkeepers at 3 to 4 times rates and dhabbaswallahs openly indulged in verbal abuse and making communal comments.Last year Uttarakhandh goverment banned road side Langars which led to protests by sikhs in allover India but Prakash chand badal refused to intervenue when the matter was resolved badal and co tried to get credit this was the last year issuse.Present cause of trouble is unknown it is high time sikhs should learn to defend themselves and devolep milatary doctrine and invest in arms.In punjab a large no of migrant people r given arm licenses which r otherwise impossible in Bihar.U.P.iF SIKHS CAN INVEST IN COSLY CARS ,HOUSES WEAPONS COSTS LESS IT IS HIGH TIME WE SHOULD LOOK INTO IT.

Do these dhabbawallas belong to any particular community?

Are these recent clashes betw Sikhs and Muslims or Sikhs and Hindus? UP and Uttarakhand has been highly radicalised by right wing parties, which is a bad thing for minorities living there. I fear for the lives of these Sikhs. Udham Singh Nagar district in UK and Pilibhit district in UP have a sizeable number of Sikh families living there (many refugees from Pakistan).

http://twocircles.net/2011oct02/communal_violence_erupts_rudrapur_uttarakhand.html

Communal violence erupts in Rudrapur of Uttarakhand

http://twocircles.net/2011oct02/communal_violence_erupts_rudrapur_uttarakhand.html

By TCN Staff Reporter,

Rudrapur (Uttarakhand) : An incident of communal violence has been reported in Rudrapur town in Udhamsingh Nagar district of Uttarakhand today after some miscreants reportedly threw the pig flesh inside Jama Masjid of Rudrapur town.

Curfew has been imposed and heavy security deployed in the town.

Though Police confirmed death of only one person, the unconfirmed report says that four Muslims were killed while several others were injured.

During the clash several vehicles were reportedly torched and several shops gutted. The injured were rushed to nearby hospitals where the condition of two persons is stated to be serious.

Udhamsingh Nagar SSP G S Martolia Martolia said that security has been increased with police conducting patrols across the town. He said that the situation is still tense but under control, and Rapid Action Force (RAF) is being deployed in the area.

Meanwhile, Uttarakhand Chief Minister B C Khanduri asked senior police officials to take stern action against miscreants.

Details are awaited.

http://nnnlive.wordpress.com/2011/10/02/details-about-riots-in-rudrapur/

Details about Riots in #Rudrapur

A few days ago the Sikh religious text was burnt by some muslim extremists . The markets remained closed following the incident for a few days,The police also resolved that matter. The culprits were found out and they happened to be from muslim community.

Two days ago in rudrapur, a koran was found out side temple Torn and with blood stain on it. This incident took place in a already disputed area, which muslims claim belongs to a madrassa. Police investigation is going on about who did that and the muslim community were protesting this for two days.

Today muslims gathered near the mosque, and started burning some shops. Some cops were also injured,as the mob began to throw stones at them . The muslims began to move towards the city. Mean while hindu community members resisted the spreading of muslim mob, The mob began to pelt stones at hindu households too.The hindus retaliated and began to burn shops owned by muslims.

The curfew has been imposed and two were killed in the clashes.