Does Hair Make Someone A Sikh ? If Hair Is Important Why Not Mentioned In Sggs

Guest sardar to monah

So you are at the wrong place. You still cannot even contemplate being a Sikh after being on this site for so long.

Steady on Singh. Nobody can be coerced into becoming a Sikh. We aren't Muslims are we? Everyone has their own rate of learning and absorbing gyan, etc (btw not being patronising at all, lol).

So you are at the wrong place. You still cannot even contemplate being a Sikh after being on this site for so long.

Yes because everything on this site in inline with gurmat!

Just read some of the other posts in this forum from amritdhari singhs / kaurs full of hate. BTW why are you a naught boy in quality control?

Yes because everything on this site in inline with gurmat!

Just read some of the other posts in this forum from amritdhari singhs / kaurs full of hate. BTW why are you a naught boy in quality control?

I have no hatred for you. I have just requested to open your mind, realise your mistakes

and become a Sikh again. Do not say, I cannot even contemplate being a Sikh.

Be proud of your heritage.

I have no hatred for you. I have just requested to open your mind, realise your mistakes

and become a Sikh again. Do not say, I cannot even contemplate being a Sikh.

Be proud of your heritage.

ok thanx, but i never ever said i cannot even contemplate being s sikh again.

thats why im on sites like this to learn my faith

Again put things into context, look at the whole picture (or words written). I would never ever justify a man laying a finger on a women. No man should hit a women, it is wrong. BUT please how ever wrong it was as no man should ever hit a women - it was mild violence a few shoves and a slap and pushes. Now what would you define as mild violence? BTW why respond to only half of the post. What about the swearing and how it would have made the women more lady like without resulting to foul language, kids watch this forum, the dirty swears are not appropriate for this site, but you decided not to comment on that. Also the fact that the women would have morally been untouchable for acting in such a dignified way if she had not said what she did.

I thought you didn't want to talk to me? Yes it is about context and the woman was standing there talking to the man and he vigourously slapped her twice and continued to attack her. He only stopped after people stepped in, even then he wanted to attack her. Violence against women in no way is considered mild violence or acceptable in any form. ONly exception is in self-defense, when a man can defend himself. Any person with decency can see this attack on the women is with the full intent to harm her. Also as a brother i would never let a person lay a hand on my sister. Infact a guy got a good thrashing from me for just insulting my sister. With all due respect only a sick twisted man would see the man beating and then trying to beat the women as mild violence. Also you are trying to justify the violence of the man toward the women by saying the women was not acting like a lady after she got attacked by swearing. Also you imply by this remark, that men can swear and women can't. Typical sexist behaviour coming from you.

Also elaborate on my cunning plans I wanted to meet you in a public place (even offered to pay your taxi/ train fare) like hotel lobby or even the gurdwara sahib nearest to you, but obviously you feel more comfortable behind a screen where no one can talk face to face.

All i know is the intentions were not pure and you should explain why you wanted to meet me face to face. And i don't need your money. Satguru has blessed me with more than enough. Plus i wouldn't take borrow money from a person that calls Sikh teachings hocus phocus rituals. Again this is your attempt to defame me on the forum. Yet you claim to have no ill intentions. And do you need to see my face to talk to me. I don't swing like that little boy! And I think your typing skills are fine, i think you know how to spell so I can understand you fine from behind a computer screen.

Not you but many talk a big game but do no action. I've asked to meet fellow members regarding stuff (i.e. beadbi and other issues, first there likeyeah we need to take actionlets meet up, when I suggest a place how many turn up ZERO). I am what you see is what you get I have nothing to hide nor do I folow the crowd due to peer pressure, If I feel something is right I stick by my convictions.

When a airplane was hijacked by Sikhs and one Sikh demanded to see Sant Baba Jarnail Singh ji Khalsa. Sant ji first asked is he one of my Singhs. When Sant ji was told that he is not. Sant ji refused to see the Sikh. Many people have ill intentions but say they are doing things for Sikhi. By your post i can see you do have ill intentions and don't have respect for Sikh teachings. Keeping hair uncut is one of them. Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Saib ji Maharaj said if a Sikh want to see my darshan then make sure you have your hair uncut and have a kirpan So i in all honesty would say to the rest of the Singhs on here, to not meet you in any cicrumstance at all. Hence why i didn't meet you in the first place and you keep trying to defame me by saying i didn't meet you.

If a genuine Sikh wants to meet me, then by all means, I'll meet him.

EDIT

It's laughable the amount of times some members change their minds when the debate swings the other way. If you feel something is righ, why not stick to your convictions instead of being sheep and following the herd even if in your heart of heartsyou know you are only doing so so you don't look bad to the cyber sangat.

Didn't you just say to me, you don't want to talk to me and then just started talking to me again. I have stuck to my convictions, point out which one's i have not, so we can clear the air. You have a lot of hatred toward me......I just can't understand why.....LOL

Letme break it down -Its not about arguing with moorakhs its about having a conversation, some of us have not been lucky enough to been raised Sikh. WE WANT to learn, and learn with things that make sense. NO hocus pocus ritual stuff

Meaning we want to learn the facts not made up stuff some people tell us an expect us to believe without any explanation or the reason as to why.

Keeping everything in context the poster you were refering to posted (Daasakedaas) after I have given reason to why Sikhs keep hair. And the poster Daasakedaas was refering to all the above post from his, not to argue with moorakhs. Meaning he must have read the last post which went up before his, which was mine. Meaning he read the reason and if a person can't accept this reason, then they are moorakhs. Your post came afterwards, where you called the reasons that already have been provided, hocus phocus ritual stuff. If you accepted the reason i provided as valid (which i got from Gurbani), then you would have added that it's a hukam and on that basis i accpet keeping hair uncut. Instead you went off on how a good reason should be provided for keeping hair, giving the reader the indication you don't accept any of the above provided reasons.

I've learnt a lot from this site not this thread. I need to be a good huma being first before even contemplating being a sikh (the pinaccle).

So here is the indication you give to the reader that you don't accept the reason given that it's Maharaj's hukam to keep hair. Therefore you consider this reason to be hocus phocus ritual stuff, as i have been saying all along. Nothing was taken out of context, you just simply hate Sikhi deep down, but on the surface you want to show others that you don't.

I think there is no discussion needed on what Guru Sahib's Hukam is to us. Basic Principle of SIKHI is to keep hair.

JAB LAG KHALSA RAHE NEARA TAB LAG TEJ DIO MAIN SARA

identity of khalsa is unique and this uniqueness is with SABAT SOORAT.

Why our shaheeds did so many sacrifices and did not accept to get their hair cut and chose to give shaheedi instead.

Please close this topic because it is very hurtful to read the stuff posted by some people who wants to live a life justifying their non-sikh lifestyle as sikhs.

and to the original poster and some of his confused fellows here are some lines from gurbani

ਕਬੀਰ ਮਨੁ ਮੂੰਡਿਆ ਨਹੀ ਕੇਸ ਮੁੰਡਾਏ ਕਾਂਇ ॥

Kabeer Man Moonddiaa Nehee Kaes Munddaaeae Kaane ||

Kabeer, you have not shaved your mind, so why do you shave your head?

1. Ang 952 Line 8 Raag Raamkali: Guru Nanak Dev

or Go to Shabad

ਨਾ ਸਤਿ ਮੂੰਡ ਮੁਡਾਈ ਕੇਸੀ ਨਾ ਸਤਿ ਪੜਿਆ ਦੇਸ ਫਿਰਹਿ ॥

Naa Sath Moondd Muddaaee Kaesee Naa Sath Parriaa Dhaes Firehi ||

There is no Truth in shaving one's head; there is no Truth is studying the scriptures or wandering in foreign lands.

I request to please lock this post and delete all posts that are leading to manmat.

Other than my Gurus, from Guru Nanak Dev Ji to Guru Gobind Singh Ji and Guru Granth Sahib Ji, telling me to keep my Kes, I can't say I know all the reasons for keeping my Kes.

I know that my Gurus have told me to keep my kes, and am still not sure who it was who told us to cut our Kes??? You know, who was it who told us to go to the barbers to get our hair cut, and then get it thrown on the dirty floor, and then get it swept up by a dirty broom (in between the cigarette breaks being had by the hair dressers) etc etc, who told us to do that???

We know for a fact, without any shadow of a doubt, that all 10 Gurus kept their Kes, so it was not a pointless ritual, as our Gurus never followed pointless rituals.

Anyway, like I say, I don't know all the reasons, other than my Gurus telling me to keep my Kes. But what I do know for sure, is that I love my Kes, and thank my Gurus for giving me the Hukam to keep my Kes. I would feel like I lost one of the most important things in my life if my Kes were cut now.

I haven't got the bravery of the great shaheeds in our history like Bhai Taru Singh Ji, or those that kept their Kes when there was a ransom on every Kesdhari's head, neither have I got the bravery of the infant Sahibzadeh (infant sons of Guru Gobind SIngh Ji) who all gave up their lives rather than have the hair cut. However, I now understand why the wanted to keep their Kes, I certainly feel the Kes Vaheguru Ji makes grow on my body are priceless. I love the Kes Vaheguru has given me, and would never be without them. I love my Gurus for giving me the permission to keep the Kes Vaheguru blessed me with! Do I need anymore reason to keep them than that??!!

And has for my Dastaar, that's just finishing things off perfectly. Sorry, I love that too !!

Apologies to all the Sikhs one here, I know I shouldn't have pride in my appearance, but I'm sorry, I just feel a thousand times better with Kes, than I did without Kes, and I felt brilliant when I didn't have Kes. So thank you Guru Ji, if it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have my Kes - Thank you!!!

By the way - I thought Kes were alive, because they divide and multiply (as in cells divide and multiply), which is the definition of something living. Dividing and multiplying. Don't they grow in the same way as a living plant? A Plant has a root underground and grows above the ground. Isn't is the same with hair, with it's root in the scalp, and it grows above the scalp. We don't believe plants feel pain when you cut them, but that doesn't mean that they are not living plants.