Indian Culture Versus Gurmat(Khalsa) Culture And Making Leaders

shastarSingh

9 hours ago, shastarSingh said:

Legend???

He is still young and still has to prove himself as a legend.

He is a very good international batsman but not a legend yet.

He just needs to continue doing what he is doing. I can literally watch him bat all day. 

On 4/10/2022 at 7:51 AM, MisterrSingh said:

I imagine it would be difficult to maintain a balance of genuine respect and affection for elders when knowing that a particular elder is fundamentally wrong about most things. 

I've always liked those scenes in the Godfather when Vito decides to retire from being the Don after he recovers from his attempted murder, passing control to Michael. He fades into the background, acting solely as an advisor to Michael who ultimately is encouraged to stand up and make decisions and lead. Even when the old timers gravitate towards Vito in Michael's presence, he gently ushers them to Michael in order to cement the idea that Vito's no longer The Top Man. Fiction or not, that's wisdom and a sense of being secure enough in your own skin to know when to gracefully cede control of the family's day-to-day running. 

The Godfather reference really hits the mark.

15 hours ago, Kaurr said:

I would say Mitchell Starc, left arm fast bowler supremacy. Marnus is a legend, love watching him bat.

Yes starc goes for the kill and likes LBW and bold.

His wife is a very attacking wicketkeeper batsman too in woman's cricket. She is related to ian Healy, best wicketkeeper I saw.

22 minutes ago, shastarSingh said:

Yes starc goes for the kill and likes LBW and bold.

His wife is a very attacking wicketkeeper batsman too in woman's cricket. She is related to ian Healy, best wicketkeeper I saw.

Alyssa Healy is an amazing batter, and she's a good keeper as well. Ian Healy is her chacha I think. Mitchell Starc and Alyssa Healy have been playing together since they were 9.