The Ancient Chinese Terracotta Warriors

genie

I have always wondered why did ancient chinese people kept long hair especially the warriors they seem to have topknot guthi's as its interesting how they kept their hair uncut similar to how our Khalsa's are ment to.

terracotta-warrior.jpg

"And this is an answer I found thought id share In Chinese traditional society, people believe hair is part of the body and is bestowed from their parents. To show the reverence and gratitude of the birth given by whom, ancient Chinese normally keep their body from unnecessary harm and don't cut hair. So even men have long hair in the past, it's the fashion of Qin Dynasty to twist hair at back of head, then cover and fasten it by using headpiece such as a bandanna. That's the reason why the warriors seem to have knots in their hair."

Unless I've got my facts wrong Japanese Samurai also had "jooreh" although I'm not sure if there wasn't some kind of cutting going on somewhere or another.

Yes the Samurai live by the ancient Book of Bushido and the book of bushido prescribes that a warrior must wear his hair in a top-knot joorah. However, my inkling that it is the Hinduism influence of ancient Japan and China. Strangely, the book of bushido mentiones many times the word 'Brahma' for god. I think then, the ancient Hindu custom of warriors wearing their hair in a joorah was what spread to the far east attached to bhuddism.

Yes the Samurai live by the ancient Book of Bushido and the book of bushido prescribes that a warrior must wear his hair in a top-knot joorah. However, my inkling that it is the Hinduism influence of ancient Japan and China. Strangely, the book of bushido mentiones many times the word 'Brahma' for god. I think then, the ancient Hindu custom of warriors wearing their hair in a joorah was what spread to the far east attached to bhuddism.

its the old universal kshtariya dharm practised by many cultures over the course of history...the pure form of the kshatri dharm was revived by the founding of the khalsa...

Bro how old are you? can you type in less cryptic text? It 's hard to figure out what you wrote there

I think he said "So are we Sikhs following the kshatriya dharam from a long time ago? Has anyone got an old book on this subject matter?"

So the kshatriya way, I'm presuming, is universal but when the Khalsa was created it was revived and presented in it's purest form?