Keeping Long Hair But Are Not Gursikh.

I am curious, how people feel about female Sikhs who have long hair but are not Gursikh. I have been trying to grow my hair for a long time, but because I am getting older it is taking a while. I am usually one of the girls in my class with the longest hair, but it is not down to my knees long only down to my hips. I was wondering if anyone has anyone ever been told that you should keep long hair only with you are going to become a Gursikh? I always get teased by other Sikhs about me not eating meat and keeping long hair, but it has nothing to do with my religion it has to do with my personal beliefs, since I was a little kid I never liked my hair to be touched my a scissor and I still not do, I only trim my hair so it does not get any more damaged and ruin the rest of my hair. What are your thoughts?

kesh r equally important the above post is re tar ted u need to be a sikh inside n out not be manmukh from out . kesh iswahegurus gift and his hukam to keep it so by following everything else u stilldo not follw wahegurus hukam by keeping kesh . sri guru gobind singh ji said i love your kesh morethan my own sons and this is how you treat gurus loe by going to haircut places . there are many more things said and written by guru ji regarding kesh AND IF U CUT KESH UR NOT A FULLSIKH OUTWARDLY .

Has anyone ever complained this much as a Panth over wearing the kara? Why is it always the kes Maharaj gave us we reject? Can Mr. Dalbir Singh show us one source with merit saying that keeping hair uncut is less important than this so called internal Sikhi he speaks of? Some people out of ignorance separate doing paat and keeping kes (completely two different things according to Sikhi), but i know for a fact Dalbir Singh is not ignorant here. He knows very well that Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji Maharaj said Rehat is more dear to me than the SIkh. And in this Rehat Satguru told us to keep hair uncut. So keeping hair uncut is very dear to Satguru, even more than a Sikh. A person who is ignorant can remove this ignorance by attaining the knowledge. They have not made up their mind on the topic and are speaking on only what they know. But in this case the person is not ignorant, but is in complete denial that such Bani exist. Such brothers, please leave your opinion to yourself. This forum is to move people forward in SIkhi and not to pull them back from accepting a Gursikh jeevan.

Speaking in General

Satguru gave those that wear the Lion fur a lesson, by telling them not to become donkeys with lion fur on. The donkey without the lion fur is still a donkey because of it's internal make up. So Satguru is telling everyone not to be a donkey in any form. Satguru is telling us in order to be a lion we have to have the internal make up of a lion and the lion fur. Without one of them, we are still donkey's pretending to be lions. One donkey is calling the other one a donkey because he believes he's a lion from the inside. The other donkey is calling the first one a donkey because he believes he's a lion from the outside. Why discriminate between donkeys, we are all equal :biggrin2:

basically hippies or the keshdharis you find in nightclubs and all those photos on desilicious websites you will find the

sikhi is internal, morals, ethics and philisophy of sikhi are more important then the kesh

Can you stop your nonsense about keshdharis and amritdharis.

How dare you compare hippies with keshdharis?

You are only your showing your shamelessness to all here

by writing crap like,"whole amritdhari lot doing some funky groovy stuff."

Go and write your senseless remarks somewhere else.

@MsShergill1991 dont listen to the other girls, its only because they dont understand what it's like to have long hair. Once you start cutting your hair it will be very hard for you to keep it long when you are older, as when we are younger we want to be modern, etc. But cutting hair does not mean you will fit in with society. Society is composed of different sorts of people from a diversity of people. And being Sikh is one of them. Like others images from society will look different, having long hair a Sikhs part of a Sikhs image.

With long hair you get energy, its good for your health, less anger, and other reasons for keeping long hair. Doesnt matter whether you are not Gursikh now, but later on you will want to be part of the sikhi faith, whether in the upcoming period, or when you're older. When one starts cutting hair, later on in life its so hard to grow it again, then people regret why they ever cut it. And cool your hair is down to your hips, thats wonderful, a lot of girls dreams would be to have long hair, so be proud of it and of who you are.

You are an inspiration to other girls to keep long hair and not to eat meat. Its just that your friends dont understand why. Try to educated them sensibly and when they realise why you do this, then they too will feel want to.