Negative Article In Toronto Sun

dholki

The Canadian Sikhs because of the rallies in Canada have woken up and are starting projects to spread the word of oppression in INdia. The rallies have been a complete success in Canada and demostrated unity among the Sikhs. In these rallies there were other people with no religion or part of a different religion as well who supported not only Sikhs in India, but supported Khalistan. There is a shift happening and SIkhs in Canada are able to show who we real are.

With any kind of movement you will always have a few brainless fools writing articles against a postive movement. This is nothing new and completely expected. No need to throw up your arms and say the movement is dead because of some brainless fools. Take these opportunites to clear the doubts in canadians minds and further the movement. Sikhs that don't even practice Sikhi are speaking up and saying Bhai Balwant Singh ji is right.

The propaganda machine will always be there to try and tarnish the positive movement. This machine includes those that act like Sikhs and present themselves as Sikhs, but are only their to tarnish the movement. To such people ignore them and don't pay any attention to them. The more you pay attention to such giddars the more you will advance their goal. Let dust be dust.

The educated canadians are in favor of the SIkhs movement. Thos that are willing to listen are listening and favoring SIkhs.

Be positive, stay positive and spread the positive message. This is our goal and leave the negativity in the dust. Or be a Soorma and make it into dust. :biggrin2:

Yeah Air India bombing didn't make us look good. That's why Indian govt. put a mole in the operation to make sure it went through. The mole backed out at the last minute. They succeeded in making us look bad. They are still trying to ruin our image abroad.

It's a new type of war we are fighting today. We need to wise up.

Notice how the Indian govt. jumped on the Jay Leno Golden Temple remarks. I know some people won't agree with me, but that whole debacle made us look like a bunch of crazy extremists.

That video above is amazing. Government of India Agents bribing the media in Canada (and the 2 Sikh men who the India Government agents tried to get blamed for the bombing being found NOT guilty) really shows you what sort of tatics and actions the Indian Government are prepared to carry out! Totally disgusting, I feel really sorry for the passengers who died in the flight . The bribery by the indian government agents to go against these victims of the flight and the Sikhs at the same time, it just shows you how bad the indian government really are!

Malik, Bagri not guilty in bombing of Air India Flight 182

mytelus ^

Posted on 17 March 2005 00:24:23 by Polak z Polski

Wednesday, Mar 16, 2005 Email this to a friend print this page

Malik, Bagri not guilty in bombing of Air India Flight 182

full image Ajaib Singh Bagri leaves B.C. Supreme Court on Wednesday in Vancouver, B.C., with his daughter. (CP PHOTO/ Richard Lam)

VANCOUVER (CP) - Two Sikh men were acquitted Wednesday in the deaths of 329 people who perished when Air India Flight 182 was brought down by a bomb 20 years ago in Canada's worst case of mass murder. Justice Ian Josephson of the B.C. Supreme Court found Ripudaman Singh Malik and Ajaib Singh Bagri not guilty on all eight charges each man faced, including first-degree murder and conspiracy to commit murder.

Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale himself was not in favor of protesting infront of pupet type gov't with placards- hoping for change , may people need to go back to speeches of sant ji.

Speaking on topic of Air India, everyone knows it was GOI behind it-

The final verdict which has acquitted malik and bagri of all charges, same verdict also claims talvinder singh parmar to be terrorist /GOI agent, so you cannot have it both ways and pick and choose, either accept the verdict in its totality and reject in its totality, picking and choosing only shows attachment to tribal mentality instead of law and finding of supreme court judge.

On a side note, soft target book which everyone loves to pick and choose and quote from, the book itself puts an huge question mark on characters like- malik and parmar and highly suspects them to be GOI agents- parmar cash purchase of bunglow in burnaby worth $300,00+ and $1 M loan approval for malik from STATE BANK OF India after the bombings.

Just like the American revolution, when your basic freedoms and human rights are stripped of you, it is just defend yourself.

Singh 559, I like what you said there. You know, in so many ways, it is only by arming ourselves with knowledge that we will be able to penetrate the hearts and minds of mainstream society and media in America and Canada. I'll come back to a discussion about your above quote in a moment but first I'd like to expand on what I said a few days ago about the tactic to use when trying to reason with mainstream Canada.

When communicating with them, it is very very important that you are armed with enough knowledge to be able to warn them about the people they are getting into bed with. We always need to remind them that the same people and system that the Sikhs are fighting against are the same people that regularly go on massacre sprees against Christians also. We always need to remind them about the thousand or so Christians that were massacred by facist Indians last year. We need to remind them of the mass rape and mutilations in the Christian monsataries in Orissa. Sometimes....it is only when it hits close to home that people start empathising with others.

As for dealing with American media and society : We need to remind ourselves that they are a patriotic bunch. As such, we should play to their patriotism. Again, its about always being armed with knowledge.

March 5th 1770. The event that sparked the American dream of independence. We should remind Americans about the massacre of Sikhs in Delhi. We should then tell them how Indians put such a low value on our human lives that they persistently call that massacre a 'riot'.

This is where March 5th 1770 comes in. As any scholar of history will tell you, the real catalyst for the freedom movement of Americans actually started as an argument over the choice of words . i.e a 'massacre' or a 'riot. The Boston 'massacre' or 'riot' of 5th March 1770.

The Colonists (Americans) called it a massacre. The British called it a 'riot'. American anger grew because they felt the British were placing a low value on their lives by calling a massacre a riot. Because of this one thing...there was no repairing the damage to the relationship. The seeds of independence had been sown.

Remind the Americans how much we support and love the American ideal of freedom......Remind them of the similarity of their struggle and what we're facing today.

This....is a time to live up to the very definition of our faith. 'Sikhs'....learners, SCHOLARS !!! Always be armed with knowledge. This war will be won by those who weild the sword of knowledge the best.

non-Sikh Canadians always find it difficult to sympathise with Sikhs on the Khalistan issue because of the Air india bombing. We all know it was GOI orchestrated. We really need wikileaks or something on this, im just thinking out loud.. any suggestions how we convince normal Canadians?

Wikileaks is extremely popular abroad and as well in India..they have won hearts of billions across the globe. Normal people of India are not against us sikhs but they cannot find any way to voice their opnions as no one wants gov't warth at their door steps. Wikileaks its big hit in India, loads of people have take inspiration from wikileaks in India and started their own small sting operations to root out corruption, there is a even website which allows residents of India to name and shame departments/people working in public sector asking for bribe.

We need to donate and lobby Wikileaks in england, not just for our sikh cause but global human rights abuses. They are going through financial difficulties at the moment. I am not asking for sangat to donate blindly.. all i am asking for sangat to think about various other sikh organization compare with Wikileaks and see which organization can bring maximum impact and support it accordingly, i only see Wikileaks as organization as highest calibre of maximum impact, as i said when they come out with leaks, people listen and gov't listen because they have already won public opinion.

Well donating is one thing but main thing is material, whats stopping any of youths to upload the human rights abuses reports finding by jaswant singh khalra electronically to wikileaks servers??

They are not taking any uploads right now because of financially restraint, hopefully when everything is fine, may be we can be pro active then, in the meantime we can research on our own and see which sikh org, non sikh org(wikileaks) can bring maximum impact and donate them accordingly.

Sikhs are very lost these days on how to present Sikhi to an outsider. They get stuck in all the politics that the media throws at us. We (Sikhs in Canada) are not proving air india was a inside job or done by bad Sikhs, or anythong related to it. Sikhs in canada are focused on one thing and one thing only. This is HUMAN RIGHTS. Just the other day i was speaking to a gora about Sikhi and one thing he said to me after the talk was that Sikhi is about building a better community and respecting human rights.

Many Sikhs that i have spoken to have woken up and understand that we don't need to address air india or anything related to these dirty politics to help people understand what Sikhi is about. All we need to do is get out into the community and promote building a better community here and standing up for human rights here, locally. Human are curious by nature and they always want to learn about other cultures. This is where Sikhs are given the opportunity to tell the wider community that we are a religion that stands up for human right because we have face a lot of oppression by the Indian government. These Sikhs that are doing this are getting a postive response from the Canadian community and they love the Sikhs. Satguru Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji Maharaj is hard to understand for Sikhs, but these very few Sikhs have understood what Satguru was about and how he grow a postive movement from just a few to thousands.

What I am thankful for is that such Sikhs still exist and know how to take a negative image and turn it into a postive movement. Speaking with Gurmukhs they tell us to spread Sikhi by teaching the basics of Sikhi, which are human rights, equality, building a healthy lifestyle, and sharing with others.

Those filled with negativity can either take a hint and start getting positive or they can sit at their computer all day and feel sorry for themselves. Essentially its a win-win for the positive Sikhs because you stay out of our way and we get to increase the movement.

So thank you to Sikhsangat for keeping the negative Sikhs here.......more power to Sikhsangat to keep this discussion open. We don't want these negative people running around in the streets randomly taking their anger out on innocent citizens of any country.

That video above is amazing. Government of India Agents bribing the media in Canada (and the 2 Sikh men who the India Government agents tried to get blamed for the bombing being found NOT guilty) really shows you what sort of tatics and actions the Indian Government are prepared to carry out! Totally disgusting, I feel really sorry for the passengers who died in the flight . The bribery by the indian government agents to go against these victims of the flight and the Sikhs at the same time, it just shows you how bad the indian government really are!

I know...the first time somebody showed me that video, I was like :ohmy2: . You know what else is crazy? That guy, Johnathan Kay, whose been writing all that nasty stuff about Sikhs supporting Rajoana, he's best friends with Ron Banerjee. Banerjee is the head of the Hindu Advocacy Group of Canada. Kay owns the National Post and Banerjee is a regular columnist.

Hindu Advocacy is an extreme Right wing group. Their whole purpose is to spread anti-Sikh and anti-Islam propaganda in Canada. They try real hard to cozy up to conservatives. You can be sure Ron Banerjee has Johnathan Kay's ear.

Also check out the pappu sardar standing in the background. What the hell are you doing man?

Hindu Advocacy's fight against the kirpan and dastaar in Canada:

http://www.facebook....id=486791891331

DISCLAIMER: ALL HINDUS ARE NOT BAD, BUT THE HINDU ADVOCACY GROUP SURE IS.

Sikhs complain media exploits them..Why? Simple answer: Yes media exploits sikhs, because we let them. It's quite simple.

We have uncle who can hardly speak any english decides to go on national t.v justifies - parmar poster on nagar kirtan float saying he was freedom fighter, what you expect from normal public or media?

Which again leads to my previous plead- we need sri akaal takth approved - public relations guy assigned to all media inquiries regarding sikhs.

More negative media storm coming this year nagar kirtan of vaishakhi. This year like all the previous, our leaders will make some mistakes again and on top of it - be arrogrant about it and then whine about negative media coverage.