A Buddhist Can Immolate Himself Peacefully To Protest Oppression ... Is This A Proof Of Their Kamaai

Again don't believe everything you read (be a true Hindu or True Muslim). The original poster that posted it is taking Sant ji's words out of context. Listen to the interview of Sant ji when he said it and understand the context of that interview and the situation at the time. Also it is good not to nitpick at others post. Understand that Satguru said he is neither Hindu or Muslim.

I've seen the interview of Sant Jarnail Singh Ji and Sant Ji did say that. Yes, Satguru is neither hindu nor muslim (I don't think anyone said otherwise).

Mat Pulo Rai :

Panjas.jpg

I really don't think this is a question of whether it was Gurmat or not anymore.

---

Do you classify Sikhs who protested by sitting in front of a train as anti-gurmat suicide or shaheeds? Do you classify Sikhs who stopped eating food in jails (eventually dying from not eating despite being offered food everyday) as anti-gurmat suicide or shaheeds?

These threads are started to spliting Sikhs apart and some members purposely put fuel on the fire.

JSinghnz, is a younger veer on this forum and he made a mistake by insulting the Buddhist monk on the first page. But an elder veer who has been on these sites for a very long time and would know Satguru said don't slander and instead provide a response that delivers the message home. But this elder veer decided to slander the member. How do you expect people to stay united when you are slandering them. This elder veer on different threads is calling for unity, but then on this thread is ready to slander anyone in a split second. What is going on here? If a younger veer doesn't know better, why not teach him with some humility. Instead this elder veer started a fire and not once do you see him saying now let's keep the unity and not play with Sikhs emotions. Over the years i have noticed no change in this elder veers attitude and he continues to start fires.

My advise to the younger members on this site, don't comment on his post as he will start insulting you and drop your jeevan back 50 feet because we end up getting emotional. Focus on reading Gurbani and comment on post you know that won't take you on emotional 100 mile rides. Honestly after i stopped associating with him....it was like a 100 pound load was off my shoulders and i started understanding Gurbani better. Maharaj says don't keep bad sangat, so it's best to follow it.

This is my last post on this pointless thread only here to divide Sikhs.

Here comes another member trying to play with Sikhs emotions...

Everything needs to be understood in context. And obviously you have taken taken Sant ji's words out of context to fit your thinking on this discussion...

Seriously, stop getting emotional...

The original poster that posted it is taking Sant ji's words out of context...

Thats seems to be your stock answer to everything that you dont beleive in, on this forum. Like you are the only one who can understand the context of things, and everyone else takes things out of context. What a cretin.

We dont have to believe everything we read, but we cant deny the things we hear from the source.

Also it is good not to nitpick at others post. Understand that Satguru said he is neither Hindu or Muslim.

says the raja of nitpickers. what a hypocrite!

Satguru is saying that he is neither Hindu or Muslim. has nothing to do with Sant Jarnail Singh saying that Muslims should be true Muslims, and hindus and so on.

Let your ego go. And the notion that you have some superior intellect.

Honestly after i stopped associating with him....it was like a 100 pound load was off my shoulders and i started understanding Gurbani better.

Im sure he feels just the same, but i disagree from your posts you've shown on here that you understand gurbani better. I feel sometimes you havent really understood anything at all.

I thought to be a Shaheed, one would have to die for a just cause AND belive in God ?(correct me if im wrong) Budhists don't even believe in God. His 'Bhagti' isn''t real Bhagti because it's likely he didnt believe in GOD AT ALL. He'll be more comparable to those supposed 'yogis' we sometimes see on TV who poke needles through themselves and not feel pain. Would we call them saintss? Of course not, so we can't compare this Budhist to a saint either, especially since his religion does not make much mention of a creator.

I thought to be a Shaheed, one would have to die for a just cause AND belive in God ?(correct me if im wrong) Budhists don't even believe in God. His 'Bhagti' isn''t real Bhagti because it's likely he didnt believe in GOD AT ALL. He'll be more comparable to those supposed 'yogis' we sometimes see on TV who poke needles through themselves and not feel pain. Would we call them saintss? Of course not, so we can't compare this Budhist to a saint either, especially since his religion does not make much mention of a creator.

That is what I call hitting the nail on the head.

I thought to be a Shaheed, one would have to die for a just cause AND belive in God ?(correct me if im wrong)

Ok then I will correct you. what is shaheedi? it is self-sacrifice for a principled belief. Sacrifice without the desire for reward.

Many people from the beginning of time have sacrificed themselves for others without any desire to be rewarded by God, or as in this budhists case, without any belief in God. The point is they still gave the most valuable sacrifice they could give, without anyregard to what would happen to them in the afterlife.

Also its misconception(by taking quotes from buddha literally) to consider buddhism as atheist religion. We as sikhs cannot and should not be authority on Buddhist theology, its best its left to buddhist theologist... so far whatever i read, i don't see any atheism in their philosphy-

Please read- God in Buddhism:

http://en.wikipedia....God_in_Buddhism

In tibet, sri guru nanak dev ji was reverred as one of their lama.

Please read the article below:

Guru Nanak and Tibetan Buddhism

by TARUNGPA TULKU

I have wanted for a long time to say something about my impressions of the Religion of the Sikhs in India, and my connections with it.

After my escape from Tibet, I lived as a refugee in India for several years, alongside so many of my countrymen. There I had the great good fortune to be looked after by a Sikh family, by Baba Bedi, his English wife, and their three children. While I was with them, I was able to visit many of the Sikh holy places and I was given hospitality there.

My interest in Sikhism is not only a personal one, however.

In Tibet, Guru Nanak is revered as an emanation of Guru Padmasambhava.

Many of our pilgrims visited Amritsar and other holy places which they looked upon as equal in importance to Budh-Gaya. They always said that the Sikhs treated them with great respect and were very hospitable: "as our expression goes, they bowed down to their feet." It seems that the Sikhs really practice the doctrine of their religion; perhaps they are the only ones who give such wonderful dana (alms) to travellers.

Most Tibetans know that Guru Nanak visited Tibet, and the mystical ideas of our two religions are very similar.

I have noticed that the Sikhs never worship images in their shrines, but that there is in the centre the book, the Guru Granth Sahib. In our tradition, one of the last things that the Buddha said was that in the dark age after his death he would return in the form of books. "At that time," he said, "look up to me and respect me."

Just as we do not believe in mystifying rituals, so in the Sikh ceremonies, it seems that the people simply read and contemplate the words of their text, so that no misunderstandings arise.

I was interested in the Sikh symbolism of the three daggers: in Buddhism, a knife often appears as the cutting off of the roots of the three poisons: greed, hatred and illusion.

I was also very interested in the Sikh practice never to cut one's hair, as this is also the practice among Tibetan hermits and contemplatives. The most famous of these was Milarepa, who said that there were three things that should be left in their natural state; one should not cut one's hair, dye one's clothes, nor change one's mind.

It is true that most Tibetan monks wear yellow, and shave their heads; these are practices that come from India, and symbolize humility and detachment from worldly things.

Outside the more organized monastic tradition, however, the emphasis is that the natural goodness and power of growth within should be allowed to develop freely without interference from outside.

Both Guru Nanak and the Buddha said to their followers that the real nature of the universe should not be limited by the idea of personal god and gods. Those who made offerings at their shrines should remember that the whole universe was the power offering offered before and to itself.

It seems that there is very much in common between our philosophies.

For example, the belief in the role of maya (illusion) in bringing suffering and keeping us from salvation is a key part of the philosophy of both religions. Gurbani speaks of moh maya in many places:

houmai maar sadhaa sukh paaeiaa maaeiaa mohu chukaavaniaa

Subduing your ego, you shall find a lasting peace, and your emotional

attachment to Maya will be dispelled. [GGS 110:1, Guru Amar Das, Raag Maajh]

maaeiaa mohu eis manehi nachaaeae anthar kapatt dhukh paavaniaa

The love of Maya makes this mind dance, and the deceit within

makes people suffer in pain . [GGS 122:1, Guru Amar Das, Raag Maajh]

When I return to India, I hope to increase understanding of the Sikh religion among Tibetan people, and it is my wish one day to translate the Guru Granth Sahib into Tibetan. Now I am living in England, and I can see that much good might be accomplished by Sikhism in England, and Europe and America, and I wish success to everyone whose concern this is.

Also lot of puratan mahapursh such as sant baba isher singh ji rara sahib have repeatedly talked about mahatama budda life, refer to him as mahatma in their divans, even have divan dedicated to him as mahatama budda.

Ok then I will correct you. what is shaheedi? it is self-sacrifice for a principled belief. Sacrifice without the desire for reward.

Many people from the beginning of time have sacrificed themselves for others without any desire to be rewarded by God, or as in this budhists case, without any belief in God. The point is they still gave the most valuable sacrifice they could give, without anyregard to what would happen to them in the afterlife.

Just for your information, in Sikhism true gursikhs just don't give sacrifice by giving your so called" most valuable sacrifice they could give,"

they fight for justice for all peacefully and when this is denied, they take up arms as a last resort.

I can't believe some people are calling this anti-gurmat. How can people think that when the the Buddhist monk died for a selfless cause! People should Google suicide and research specific cases where suicide was commited and then compare this Monks sacrifice to those cases. The Monk is unique his actions portray selflessness and strength for a greater cause. He is a shaheed!

Parnam shaheedan nu :respect: