Mixed Marriages In Gurughars

Gurfeteh Jee,

Please can someone do the seva of showing sangat the sandesh from Akal Takht about mixxed marrages in Guru Ghars. I believe it was in 2007 where Akal Takht have said the only way this is possible is if the man or woman adopts the the name Singh or Kaur with in their full name.

Please help we need the actual sandesh

Vaheguru

im sure there is a letter from Akal Takht saying that thats the only way mixed marriage scan happen in temple... if they do change their last name to singh or kaur... it was written by i think joginder singh who is a jathdar at akal takth... i think anyway... the letter is printed and shown in a temple ill try n take a pic of it!!!

Weather Akaal Takat have giving their verdict on mixed marriages ceremony in the Gurdwara - the fact is they happen i would say on a regular basis, and they happen without the correct procdudure being followed as stated in the link above.

What happened in 2008 in Birmingham Hockley Gurdwara was a disgrace and who ever gave the go ahead for a Muslim boy to marry a Sikh girl in a Gurdwara should be herded out.

With our community in the uk they think mixed marriages are acceptable as they are "modern" and the "in thing" you will also get called preddguice, if you are against them.

Well the boxer Clasious Clay who later became Muhammed Ali was 100% against mixed marriages religious and colour no-one called him a racist, they called him some who fight for equal rights.

Would Muslim allow their daughter to marry a Kaffir no need for answers on a postcard!

Plenty of whites against mixed marriages too.

STICK TO YOU OWN KIND WHEN IT COMES TO MARRIAGE !!!!

Weather Akaal Takat have giving their verdict on mixed marriages ceremony in the Gurdwara - the fact is they happen i would say on a regular basis, and they happen without the correct procdudure being followed as stated in the link above.

What happened in 2008 in Birmingham Hockley Gurdwara was a disgrace and who ever gave the go ahead for a Muslim boy to marry a Sikh girl in a Gurdwara should be herded out.

With our community in the uk they think mixed marriages are acceptable as they are "modern" and the "in thing" you will also get called preddguice, if you are against them.

Well the boxer Clasious Clay who later became Muhammed Ali was 100% against mixed marriages religious and colour no-one called him a racist, they called him some who fight for equal rights.

Would Muslim allow their daughter to marry a Kaffir no need for answers on a postcard!

I'm honestly gobsmacked that a Guduwara would allow a Sikh girl and a Muslim boy to get married there. Have they lost their collective minds! There was a story about a Sikh woman who converted to Christianity and then married a Muslims, guess what? She got killed.

I would say she got what she deserved as Sikhs who are dumb enough to marry Muslims, should know the consequences.

I don't know what is with Sikhs girls these days but they seem to know no low.

Does marriage to Hindus count as mixed?

IWJKK WJKF.... found it

k Ongkar Sri Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Sri Akal Takhat Sahib, Sri Amritsar

Giani Joginder Singh, Jethadar

Date: 16-8-2007

Anand Sanskar"Marriage Ceremony"

This is a message to all the Sikh Sangat that according to the Rehat Maryada only Sikh couples (male/female) can engage in the Anand Karaj Ceremony. If the couple or either one of them is not a Sikh, then they must embrace the Sikh faith.

This includes that they must change their second name to Singh or Kaur in their official document (e.g. driving licence, identity card, and passport) before the marriage.

(Signed)

(Joginder Singh)Jathedar

I'm honestly gobsmacked that a Guduwara would allow a Sikh girl and a Muslim boy to get married there. Have they lost their collective minds! There was a story about a Sikh woman who converted to Christianity and then married a Muslims, guess what? She got killed.

I would say she got what she deserved as Sikhs who are dumb enough to marry Muslims, should know the consequences.

I don't know what is with Sikhs girls these days but they seem to know no low.

Does marriage to Hindus count as mixed?

WELL OF COURSE it counts as mixed, r u trying 2 say we r a part of hindu religion?

SIMPLE FACT: a non-believer (non-sikh) wants 2 marry an apni/apna in a gurdwara, simple, convert, or get lost, dont insult our guru, who has told us we only marry a sikh, end of!!!

The person who allowed a musalman 2 marry an apni in a gurdwara, shud b smacked up straight, and the committe shud b done over 2, pathetic!! Also any1 who even had the nerve 2 attend the ceremony (sangat), shud b mad ashamed, shud of boycotted the bloody thing! take em 2 hazoor sahib, present em infront of the nihangs, n c wat happens 2 em, that they think this modern shodern crap applies in our faith!! fact is no smith/patel/ali/sharma can marry in a gurdwara until they convert, these r BASIC BASIC rules!

the gianis know when they take charge of a marriage service, its PAYDAY for them!! that y they put their wallets ahead of maryada, disgusting.

Mixed marriages are just a side effect of the secular upbringing that we are giving our children. They grow up with non-religion upbringing and even worse thinking all religions are the same and equal. Until we start to give our children a religious upbringing it's no use crying about our girls running around Muslim Christian or Hindu boys. These things are bound to happen if we don't change our selves and the way we raise our children.

And yes, the pathetic man in charge of the Gurdwara who allowed the Muslim boy to have an Anandkaraj in a Gurdwara with a Sikh girl needs to be thrown out. What a disgraceful decisions he made.