Helping Married Couple During Anand Karaj

this actually started coz once there was a disabled girl, who couldnt complete the four turns, so her brothers helped her, and now this has spread everywhere as if all girls suddenly become disabled on their weedding days. Also i believe, it was a hindu girl, not even sikh, good lord makes u wonder how dopey r ppl really r man

Unless the couple are wearing a blindfold, otherwise they don't need help.

this actually started coz once there was a disabled girl, who couldnt complete the four turns, so her brothers helped her, and now this has spread everywhere as if all girls suddenly become disabled on their weedding days. Also i believe, it was a hindu girl, not even sikh, good lord makes u wonder how dopey r ppl really r man

erm no it didnt bro.

it is/was custom to bedeck the girl with jewellery and and heavy suit and ornaments on her wedding day. People in olden days didnt do phere, they just stood in front of Guru Ji while the laav was recited and sang. To get up the bride needed assistance and this is where her brothers came in. When phere started the brother would stand around to help assist her around.

ask your rents or grand'rents how they got married. phere or just standing up, and let the forum now, it would be interesting.

erm no it didnt bro.

it is/was custom to bedeck the girl with jewellery and and heavy suit and ornaments on her wedding day. People in olden days didnt do phere, they just stood in front of Guru Ji while the laav was recited and sang. To get up the bride needed assistance and this is where her brothers came in. When phere started the brother would stand around to help assist her around.

ask your rents or grand'rents how they got married. phere or just standing up, and klet the forum now, it would be interesting.

r u sure? fair enuff, wat i sed in my post is wat ive heard, but if it was total tatti, n ur story is correct, then forgive me sardara.

btw i jus asked my maa, she sed she did the phere

What I have heard is that its to aid the bride because obviously of the heavy jewelry and dress and also the fact that shes probably very emotional and need the support. But i know that te granthi jis tell the people to let the bride and groom do the phere by themself but especially here in the western world nobody listens. I dont feel they are supporting her becuz of the heavy jewelry and dress but in a way its just become a trend and people think its looks good in video and picz.

I personally believe they shouldnt be there for support unless its needed. Ive seen alot of weddings here in the US and the guys line up to support the bride when she doesnt really need te support because shes all smiling and looking around. But then again people just do alot of things here in weddings tht usually arent done in india. Some of it is actually sickening. Like at one wedding in Canada i went to bridesmaids were being walked into the hall by the groomsfriends with arms through each others arm. Its like come on ppl ur in a pavitar Gurdwara Sahib dont be doing tht in there and be disrespectful of GGS. I went fron here and got married in India and we did the phere by ourself. It actually felt good because thats how it should be but i guess everyones perception is different!

Sorry if i have offended anyone.