Kaatha At Harmandar Sahib

So I was watching Gurbani from Harmandir Sahib and was thinking how come there is always only kirtan being done 24 hours? I personally believe that there should be some kaatha or lecture about Sikhi that will go into the listeners ears. I sometimes feel that people just come to take maatha, take parshaad, and eat laangar. And then they go home. People come from all over the world to Harmandar Sahib but really dont experience Sikhi, they just leave after doing those three things. From my understanding during Guru Arjun Ji's time kaatha was being done why is that not happening now? Only place I've seen it is like by Akal Takht Sahib where there are only few people listening. Is there a way to contact The commitee at Harmandar Sahib for this change?

I may be wrong so bhul chuk maaf. But I feel that a lot of katha from many Kathavachiks is opinionated and in Harmandir Sahib only the truth must be heard which is Gurbani.

But if there used to be katha in Guru Ji's time then I ask for forgiveness for my above statement.

I may be wrong so bhul chuk maaf. But I feel that a lot of katha from many Kathavachiks is opinionated and in Harmandir Sahib only the truth must be heard which is Gurbani.

But if there used to be katha in Guru Ji's time then I ask for forgiveness for my above statement.

I do agree with you that most of them are very opinionated but I'm sure there are some that purely do katha on gurbani. We used to have couple of them here at our Gurdwara Sahib and man you know u just want to sit still and keep listening to

It. It would be nice if they did something different realted to Gurbani.

So I was watching Gurbani from Harmandir Sahib and was thinking how come there is always only kirtan being done 24 hours? I personally believe that there should be some kaatha or lecture about Sikhi that will go into the listeners ears. I sometimes feel that people just come to take maatha, take parshaad, and eat laangar. And then they go home. People come from all over the world to Harmandar Sahib but really dont experience Sikhi, they just leave after doing those three things. From my understanding during Guru Arjun Ji's time kaatha was being done why is that not happening now? Only place I've seen it is like by Akal Takht Sahib where there are only few people listening. Is there a way to contact The commitee at Harmandar Sahib for this change?

Please donot be so judgemental on others by painting everyone with one brush.

The essence of Sikhi is experienced by anyone who goes to Harmandar Sahib with devotion.

Excellent Katha of the Mukh Vak of Guru Granth Sahib is done everyday at Akal Takht Sahib

and is telecast by PTC Punjabi to devotees all around the world. This amazing katha is heard

with rapt attention by lots of people.

Please donot be so judgemental on others by painting everyone with one brush.

The essence of Sikhi is experienced by anyone who goes to Harmandar Sahib with devotion.

Excellent Katha of the Mukh Vak of Guru Granth Sahib is done everyday at Akal Takht Sahib

and is telecast by PTC Punjabi to devotees all around the world. This amazing katha is heard

with rapt attention by lots of people.

True, the katha at PTC everyday is amazing. I wish we could get that live on the internet.

Katha was not being done at darbar sahib even at guru ji's time. it was done only once by Guru Arjan Dev Ji himsellf, on the first parkash of Guru Granth Sahib JI. After that Hukumnama Katha was done in Manji Sahib Diwan Hall which is infront of Langar Hall building and since then it is done there only and a lot of sangat gathers there to listen to the katha. Sant Jarnail Singh Ji also used to do katha there.

And who says sangat just matha tek and goes back from darbar sahib. Everyday sangat can be seen sitting in parkarma of darbar sahib and listenning to the kirtan from amrit vela till late night and enjoying the heavenly experience. its a different story if someone just go there for a picnic, but if someone goes there with full devotion, one definitely takes a lot back with him and even i ve seen some chardfikala singhs and singhnis who left there home and stay in the parkarma and do seva since last 30 years.

So never say sangat has nothing much to do there, if someone wants to listen to kirtan he/she can listen in darbar sahib, dhadhi and kavishri vaars are sung infront of Akal Takht Sahib, Katha is done at Manji Sahib. If someone wants to do do seva, he/she can go to langar hall or the seva of whole parkarma is done at amrit vela. You have everything to do there, it all depents on your shardha. Once you step into Harmandir Sahib you are in Sachkhand and that experience can never be matched with anthing else. So never say u don't experience Sikhi in Harmandir Sahib, it is the centre of Sikhism.

Once Rabindranath Tagore was on India Tour, he went to all places, when he came to Kashmir, the guide with him said, this is the heaven on earth. When Tagore came to Harmandir Sahib, he said that if anywhere there is a heaven on earth, its here.

If i ve said anything wrong, please forgive me. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Fateh.

I did not mean to offend anyone but I just thought it would be nice to see katha for a change and see sangat enjoying it with the same devotion. Just because something has been going on for a certain way that it has to stay like that. I personally feel that by listening to katha you become closer to Guru ji at a different level and same with Kirtan. And I did not mean to put everyone in the same category by making that statement but I've seen a lot of that there. I'm from there and live real closeby and went everyday and was stating what I have seen. And yes I have seen very devotional beings there also that when you look at them you want to become like them. And yes I did mention that there is Katha going on outside by the Akal Takhat Sahib but why can't it be done inside where the Kirtan takes place? I guess that's really my question. It should be given the same attention. And why does it have to be one over the other? Both revolve around Sikhi so I really don't see why it can't be done more often and that too inside by the Guru Granth Sahib ji.

Yes there is a lot to do at the Gurdwara Sahib for those who understands Sikhi I never made that as an argument.