Interfaith Marriage At Gurdwara Happening

Guest sat

veer heatsikhingmissile our bretheren here are bent upon talbinaizing sikhi

its not talibinising. I doubt the Gurus would want their Sikhs to bend Sikhi to suit their individual needs. If they want to get married, good for them, but not in the Gurudwara.

its not talibinising. I doubt the Gurus would want their Sikhs to bend Sikhi to suit their individual needs. If they want to get married, good for them, but not in the Gurudwara.

so an alochol consuming , drug addict, partying , lustful individual, completely ignorant to gurmat with a castist surname who is born to punjabi sikh parents grows a stubble on his wedding day and asks someone to tie a turban on his head is a sikh ?

Sikhi is a philosophy not a religion

Read the shabad "gur satgur ka jo sikh akhaye " to understand the true definition of sikhi

so an alochol consuming , drug addict, partying , lustful individual, completely ignorant to gurmat with a castist surname who is born to punjabi sikh parents grows a stubble on his wedding day and asks someone to tie a turban on his head is a sikh?

I dont think you read my reply properly.

The quote I replied to was in reference to Sikhs talibinising Sikhi and what are talibans known for, being extreme, so it looks like the person is against people who want to keep Sikhi the way it should be ( strict ) so I replied as such.

The true definition of Sikhi cannot and IS NOT explainable in one Shabd. Its the whole of the Guru Granth Sahib Ji explains Sikhi. This Shabd you asked me to read, it clearly states one who follows in the instructions of the Guru. The Guru says not to eat drink etc so when one does he/she cannot be classed as a Sikh.

Sikhi is a philosophy and not a religion

Read the shabad "gur satgur ka jo sikh akhaye " to understand the true definition of sikhi

so an alochol consuming , drug addict, partying , lustful individual, completely ignorant to gurmat with a castist surname who is born to punjabi sikh parents grows a stubble on his wedding day and asks someone to tie a turban on his head is a sikh ?

Sikhi is a philosophy and not a religion

Please take your philosophical views to a philosophy website.

This is a Sikh website which makes everyone more aware

​OF THE GREATEST RELIGION IN THE WORLD, SIKHISM.

wow Jsinghz you really are a child and this is coming from someone who actually agrees with your opinion

veer jsinghnz, your belligerence prevents you from being take seriously ..... it does come across as juvenile ....

This is a Sikh website which makes everyone more aware

​OF THE GREATEST RELIGION IN THE WORLD, SIKHISM.

Have you read SGGS yourself - before you make the world aware at least learn what our gurus and bhagats had to say ....

The true definition of Sikhi cannot and IS NOT explainable in one Shabd. Its the whole of the Guru Granth Sahib Ji explains Sikhi. This Shabd you asked me to read, it clearly states one who follows in the instructions of the Guru. The Guru says not to eat drink etc so when one does he/she cannot be classed as a Sikh.

veer ranjit singh , so why do we allow pnjabi kids who are born to sikh families to marry in gurdwaras.... I agree sikhs should read SGGS in its entirety (something I Am currently doing) to grasp gurmat ...

My solution is to ask the couple to practise a shabad for like 2 months on tabla and harmonium and sing it on the day of their wedding .... music is a very powerful force and being a part of sangat (regardless of their background) - will eventually nudge them (the couple) towards a sikh lifestyle