Interfaith Marriage At Gurdwara Happening

Guest sat

So if u guys do want to protest or stop this marriage ( I would advice against it)

then focus on the wrongdoers: the gurudwara prabandhaks.

Leave the girl and boy alone,

Tell the gurudwara leaders, that if u let this marriage happen, then .....

well fill in the blanks(protests, death threats, boycotts) ....I mean that's the only thing u can do to stop 'em right?

very well said. I agree. The boy and girl have no knowledge of Sikhi but the leaders of the Gurudwara must do so they need to be told. Maybe that way, people that are weekend Sikhs may start to realise that they are long way away from Sikhi.

its a fine line between the gori who changes his last name to singh in an effort to get married at the gurdwara and the punjabis who grow a small dhari then shave it off immediately after anand karaj!

this is something i raised with the committee of our local gurdwara. Why do Sikhs boys find the turban so wrong that they have to take itoff their head the moment they leave the Gurdwara? It is (imo) disrespecting the Turban, so why shouldnt Gurdwaras make it a part of Anand karaj that the boy should not remove his turban or shave his 5 day beard for the latter part of the day.

this is something i raised with the committee of our local gurdwara. Why do Sikhs boys find the turban so wrong that they have to take itoff their head the moment they leave the Gurdwara? It is (imo) disrespecting the Turban, so why shouldnt Gurdwaras make it a part of Anand karaj that the boy should not remove his turban or shave his 5 day beard for the latter part of the day.

I'd say a mona would be true to himself if he turned up to his Anand Karaj wearing a ramaal on his head and clean-shaven (if he felt compelled that the mona lifestyle was best), rather than almost "dress up" and play the part of a Singh for half an hour in-front of SGGS Ji. That smacks of taking the mick if you ask me, and I'm surprised as to why this trend has been allowed to perpetuate over the years. BTW this isn't an anti-mona post (I'm possibly one of the fellas on this site who isn't a mona hater) but the discarding of the turban and the flash of the razor blade by the time the Bacardi bottles are being cranked open is something that leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

Quite an irrelevant question to ask your committee. These monas have no respect for the turban whatsoever.

That is why they are mone or sirgums in the first place.

I'd say a mona would be true to himself if he turned up to his Anand Karaj wearing a ramaal on his head and clean-shaven (if he felt compelled that the mona lifestyle was best), rather than almost "dress up" and play the part of a Singh for half an hour in-front of SGGS Ji. That smacks of taking the mick if you ask me, and I'm surprised as to why this trend has been allowed to perpetuate over the years. BTW this isn't an anti-mona post (I'm possibly one of the fellas on this site who isn't a mona hater) but the discarding of the turban and the flash of the razor blade by the time the Bacardi bottles are being cranked open is something that leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

You are spot on on this one. Wont it be nice to see monahs turning up to their Anand Karaj

wearing a pink rumal and a pink blusher on their clean shaven cheeks? :biggrin2: :biggrin2: :biggrin2:

I totally agree with this.

I find it disgusting how five minutes after leaving the gurdwara, the men take off their turbans and shave their beards.

And it is disgusting how people who have no respect for the Sikh sarup suddenly act like they think it looks good for half an hour.

If they are monas, fine. But come in front of the Guru to get married as you who are. Don't pretend to be someone else. It's disrespectful to people who actually keep their dhari and kesh and wear pagaris every day.

I totally agree with this.

I find it disgusting how five minutes after leaving the gurdwara, the men take off their turbans and shave their beards.

And it is disgusting how people who have no respect for the Sikh sarup suddenly act like they think it looks good for half an hour.

If they are monas, fine. But come in front of the Guru to get married as you who are. Don't pretend to be someone else. It's disrespectful to people who actually keep their dhari and kesh and wear pagaris every day.

Fully agree with your views. Monahs should not be allowed to wear turbans for Anand Karaj.

I think it's good that Sikhs appear in front of the guru in Sikhi saroop. Even if it's only for the anand karaj ceremony. Doesn't everyone want to look their best on their wedding day? A Sardar groom looks like a king. It will be a sad day when grooms start wearing ramaals.

Just cuz a guy cuts his hair don't automatically make him a druggy alcoholic. This is what I mean by changing the holier-than-thou mindset. You guys act like you've never seen a dunk sardar. I've even seen sardars hanging out at night clubs, passing around a joint. Don't be so quick to judge others.

I think it's good that Sikhs appear in front of the guru in Sikhi saroop. Even if it's only for the anand karaj ceremony. Doesn't everyone want to look their best on their wedding day? A Sardar groom looks like a king. It will be a sad day when grooms start wearing ramaals.

Just cuz a guy cuts his hair don't automatically make him a druggy alcoholic. This is what I mean by changing the holier-than-thou mindset. You guys act like you've never seen a dunk sardar. I've even seen sardars hanging out at night clubs, passing around a joint. Don't be so quick to judge others.

So you agree that a "A Sardar groom looks like a king"

AND NEK MINUT BECOMES A SLAVE WHO HAS NO LOVE FOR

HIS CROWN (TURBAN) WHICH REPRESENTS HONOR, SELF RESPECT, COURAGE, SPIRITUALITY

AND PIETY.

at the cost of repeating myself -

My solution is to ask the couple to practise a shabad for like 2 months on tabla and harmonium and sing it on the day of their wedding .... music is a very powerful force and being a part of sangat (regardless of their background) - will eventually nudge them (the couple) towards a sikh lifestyle