Alcohol is in our Gurdware!

TuhadaDaas

If you don't agree with me, or think I am wrong, there is no need to mock me. Please do ardaas to guide me onto the right path! I am not trying to act like any 'panthic police' or authority, I just put my views and a request based on those views forward. Once again I am a nyana bacha and invite you to educate me.

'foolish ji', as far as I am aware ethanol is not actually present in fruit and neither is it natural. Maybe I am wrong.

Please forgive my mistakes.

no worries brother, sorry if my post sounded patronising. i appreciate your motives were totally genuines. ethanols ketones esters etc are all present in fruits , the volatile compounds are what our noses smell and give the fruits their 'fruity distinctive smells'. im a chemist by the way

Guest pratannanak

bro, come on man or women..... mouth wash? medicine? people really need to start looking within than without.. external answers may not lead to internal answers but internal answers will give a good understanding to external questions....:)

I didn't really bother writing, 'in my view' before every sentence I write. The very fact that I am a nobody who has just come onto a discussion forum, is me in myself acknowledging that I have no authority to anyone. I am sorry about how my post came across and will work on it. I am no one to dare even thinking I can force the sangat to do anything.

Please do ardaas to guide me onto the right path! I am not trying to act like any 'panthic police' or authority, I just put my views and a request based on those views forward. Once again I am a nyana bacha

This is a very interesting forum I've seen so many people big themselves up but it's rare to see people big themselves 'down'. I love the way you put yourself down in the post above. May you keep doing so and if it makes you happy.. yes, you are a nobody...

Tuhada Daas jeeo,

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru jee ki fateh!

Thank you for bringing this to the attention of the sangat. It is is very disappointing that some members are mocking you for bringing this to the attention of the sangat. All I can say is to ignore them. You have bought this to the attention of the sangat and now we can discuss whether this ghee is acceptable or not in a Gurmat manner with pyaar. There is no need for name calling.

Rehit is the lifeline of a Gursikh, from the day we take amrit until the day we leave our human body we strive to obey the hukams of the Panj Piare. Those that take Rehit seriously will more likely have a good Gursikhi jeevan i.e. amritvela, naam abhiyaas, strong nitnem....................................

As for ghee, if this was made from scratch at the Gurdwara there would be no problem. What is happening is that Gurdwaras are trying to finding the easiest and fastest way to prepare food. However if all the food in langar was made from from scratch these problems would be avoided. Nowadays some Gurdwaras obtain such foods such as jalebis from shops which is wrong. How do we know what kind of sucham these shops keep and also meat is also prepared in some indian sweet shops.

We need to get back to basics. Instead of making lots of foods for langar keep it simple and fresh. 1 Daal, 1 Saabji, Yoghurt and kheer all use made using fresh ghee and fresh ingredients. Also another important ingredient for langar is naam and baani, Those preparing langar such also do paath and naam abhiyaas instead of gossip and general conversations.

All deserts - gulan jaam, jalebi, barfi e.t.c. should be made at the langar kitchen and not from outside. Ghee should be made by the sevadaars also to ensure sucham. I am sure Guru Sahib would have encouraged Gursikhs to prepare fresh food and maintain high level of sucham. Remember this is Guru Ka Langar.

Satguru Mehar Karan!

It is a must that we all inform Gurdwara langar and degh sevadars, committee and put up a sign to tell local sangat not to bring such ghee.

This issue has to be discussed in panthic circles whenever they have free time (bring scientific proof that it has sufficent amount to make everyone loose focus ) before people start making up signs up already in haste and in self righteousness start "telling" local sangat not to bring such ghee. Off course, sharda/prem aspect has to be looked into as well. There is quite of diversity in the panth so if one party looks at the glass half empty, other party may look at the glass half full depending on the perception. No one party has right to think- their party only exist in the panth so dictate whatever they wish by start putting things into black and white- either its gurmat or manmat etc etc etc.

At Nanaksar, sangat with sharda/prem bring food from home every puranmashi/sangradh/gurpurb with prem and do ardas for food to be in parvan in front of guru sahib then go downstairs,caretaker do kirpan bhet and they all sit together and eat..that personal ardas is between individual and guru sahib- no third party self righteous person have a right to reject that ardas soley based on outer apperance. If everyone wants to get along, people need to accept guru sahib diversity in the panth and move on and make sure they don't come across as self righteous arrogrant individual. There is no place for arrogrance in sri guru nanak dev sikhi.

Sharda/prem when making food or kirpan bhet (Gurparsad bhram ka nash || ) for guru sahib and sangat is paramount of all, off course there isn't one way- if one party feels everything has to perfect- shucham, free from even tiny ounce of alchohol and thats their way of showing sharda surely thats fine and acceptable and if other party focuses more sharda and prem while making food or by giving kirpan bhet (Gurparsad bhram ka nash || ) without looking into nitty-gitty details, putting everything under microscope that is acceptable in guru maharaj darbar as sharda and prem is paramount of all.

If either party have an issue and start imposing its own view on each other, then sangat has a right to put a stop to this self righteousness and arrogance attitude by setting the record straight..!!

Had it been different tone or way of posting, different tittle perhaps by original poster essentially telling same thing, there wouldn't have been an backlash.