Sikh women wearing clothing in the Gudwara

Guest H

amritdharis and in particular a cult of sikhism that is rife within UK need to take responsibility for marginalizing wider sikh community and classing them as non sikhs, if these sikh born brothers and sisters are not accepted in their own community as sikhs then they look else where...

lol so you would look elsewhere because a few people are classing you as a non sikh, which i must say i find hard to believe in the uk, maybe you could name these places,who,when,where etc. looking elsewhere for what?

To run is a sign of cowardice, a sikh can only be a sikh after amrit, this rule is not made by amritdharis it is made by Guru Gobind Singh ji who ruling supersedes any other prior to him in the sikh religion because he is the last human form of Guru Nanak and gave us the final commandments of Akaal purkh ji via SGGS JI, but unfortunately people ignore the taking of amrit and look to Sikhs prior to 1699 or the bhagats, but Guru Gobind Singh Ji commands supersede all others, it like say bring upto date or renew a set of rules if you like, so unless to were born and died prior to basakhi 1699 (lol which i doubt very much), you have too follow Maharaj's ruling to classify as a true sikh and keep rehat, otherwise please dont blame others for your own short comings.

your not thinking of starting up your own sect are you, by the way when you say elsewhere, where do you have in mind? :no:

But i still find it hard to see this so called discrimination you talk about, when i was a non amritdhari i never experienced or felt it, you will always find a few ott people in every part of your life, but hey you should never run or change your beliefs and certainly never your Guru SGGS JI no mater what !!! Keep strong and one day maharaj will bless you with amrit too :smile2:

The underlying problem here is that there is a great amount of hypocrisy that lies within the Indian community. The Gurus did not invent suits and Kurtas, they were a part of the Indian culture. The Gurs embraced them.

Guru Nanak went to Mecca and donned Muslim garb, Guru Gobind Singh Ji at times dressed like a King.

Like I said before, a Sikh woman can rant on about Punjabi culture, but at the end of the day it is just Culture and the Gurus understood this.

If you're trying to say that my All Loving God who I Live and breathe to serve would judge me for wearing a sleeveless top or a decent skirt, being bought up in a western country, then we're obviously talking about different god's because god doesn't care about little rituals and petty matters. It is love, a clean heart and titanium strong inner discipline that brings us close to him.

I don't think my love would judge me if I ran around in a potato sack and still loved him so much- we are just bags of skin and bone living in temporary bodies after all.

Guru gobind Singh ji states the qualities of khalsa is Sarbloh Granth Sahib Ji. The problem with most amritdharis today(not all because some are real gems) is that they take Amrit, but do not take steps to actually become pure.

They go to the Gurdwara and do Nindya. I have seen it with my own eyes and think, have these people not read gurbani? Or if they have, how can they come to the Gurus house and do Nindya or do Nindya anywhere, gurbani states clearly what happens to nindaks.

When I look at a nindak, it is like looking into the eyes of Satan himself- especially one who reads gurbani and ignores it- that makes the persons crimes much worse.

Then they'll sit down, read do paath, get up and do Nindya again the next day! many think it's acceptable- they don't drink smoke or sleep around, but think Nindya is acceptable when actually it is the worst crime spiritually- and much of sukhmani sahib speaks of it which validates its seriousness.

Slander is done out of jealousy and fear, no matter how much you try and argue it isn't- it shows a lack of contentment with yourself(insecurity) and what you have so you take it out on others. The Gurus didn't do Nindya because they were Badasses and were secure- you can just feel it off of them- they didnt feel the need to put down others because of fear and jealousy- they were strong willed.

Unfortunately many Sikhs of today are weak minded- insecure. How are a bunch of nindaks living in fear going to inspire others or have time to get out if their own negative thoughts enough to discover who they really are?

Get strong willed, if you feel slander about to leave your mouth, push it back it and get rid of it- this is real slavery to God- it is called self control. If you have slanderous thoughts, remember that we are God and the negative thoughts are just maya trying to decieve you to think they're yours-never feel insecure because we are God and He is us.

If you're trying to say that my All Loving God who I Live and breathe to serve would judge me for wearing a sleeveless top or a decent skirt, being bought up in a western country, then we're obviously talking about different god's because god doesn't care about little rituals and petty matters. It is love, a clean heart and titanium strong inner discipline that brings us close to him.

I don't think my love would judge me if I ran around in a potato sack and still loved him so much- we are just bags of skin and bone living in temporary bodies after all.

How can God be all loving? In order for there to be an All loving God the opposite of love (hate) would also be God. For instance an All loving God does not hate anyone. Even rapist, murders, and those that commit genocides are NOT hated by the ALL loving God. God does everything so if he really hated something, why do it in the first place? Is he not in control of his creation. If not then why does Gurbani say God is the power. If he really hated the killing of thousands of Sikhs in 1984, then he would have not began it in the first place. If he really hated the killing of 6 million Jews then he would have not started it. So God does not love or hate anything. If you want to say God is all loving then you would have to say that God loves to kill Sikhs in the form of genocides. God creates and creation follows his HUKAM. God does not have high and lows emotions like humans do.

Satguru says in dukh and sukh see the one as the one. Also God does not judge. A judgement call requires the all knowing God to have factors that are unknown to him. God is all knowing and why wouldn't he be. He created and pulls the strings. Satguru is modesty and teaches modesty to his Sikhs. Modesty is not Nirgun, but Sargun. Same with compassion, contentment, and faith.

I have also grown up in the western world and know bibian that have grown up in the western world. These bibian would never wear any type of skirt because none are decent; do not exemplify modesty. They know Satguru does not approve of such outfits. Clothing along with Dastar is to be utilized by Sikhs. Nothing to do with fashion, looks or fads. Satguru did dress as a King, but only because the Mughals were saying no one can dress as kings, except for us. Dressed as a King, Satguru still showed modesty. Sleeping on rocks, and throwing jewels away. However today a bibian gets upset if just her fake nail breaks and tries to hide it all day so others would not judge her. Satguru Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji Maharaj wore Muslim garb to utilize it and nothing more. It was a way in to teach the Muslims the correct path. Again modesty was observed.

If I may ask, how do you utilize a skirt or sleeveless tops or dresses and how do they exemplify modesty?

The opposite of love is fear no need to comment further the sides have been chosen. People at the time in gurudawara and the committees who run them as for profit corporations need to say something.

Here when blacks and whites came in drunk and kissing late at night they were kicked out, and unfortunately langar is only 4-11 now.

If anyone tries to come off they get cussed, guys don't wear gay v-necks girls don't wear tight or revealing.

Idk about richer areas where money has reached head, but locally entire half of gurudawara is decorated with man size memorials to veers jarnail, amrik, and shubeg Singh as well as others.

Gurudawara as Sikh fortress is taken seriously. VJKVJF

If they want to dress up for club, they should get married there and not carry those thoughts in.

There is difference between sleeveless nothing but sleeves. It is not the clothes it is the mind wearing, many people come trying to hook up

Guru gobind Singh ji states the qualities of khalsa is Sarbloh Granth Sahib Ji. The problem with most amritdharis today(not all because some are real gems) is that they take Amrit, but do not take steps to actually become pure.

They go to the Gurdwara and do Nindya. I have seen it with my own eyes and think, have these people not read gurbani? Or if they have, how can they come to the Gurus house and do Nindya or do Nindya anywhere, gurbani states clearly what happens to nindaks.

When I look at a nindak, it is like looking into the eyes of Satan himself- especially one who reads gurbani and ignores it- that makes the persons crimes much worse.

Then they'll sit down, read do paath, get up and do Nindya again the next day! many think it's acceptable- they don't drink smoke or sleep around, but think Nindya is acceptable when actually it is the worst crime spiritually- and much of sukhmani sahib speaks of it which validates its seriousness.

Slander is done out of jealousy and fear, no matter how much you try and argue it isn't- it shows a lack of contentment with yourself(insecurity) and what you have so you take it out on others. The Gurus didn't do Nindya because they were Badasses and were secure- you can just feel it off of them- they didnt feel the need to put down others because of fear and jealousy- they were strong willed.

Unfortunately many Sikhs of today are weak minded- insecure. How are a bunch of nindaks living in fear going to inspire others or have time to get out if their own negative thoughts enough to discover who they really are?

Get strong willed, if you feel slander about to leave your mouth, push it back it and get rid of it- this is real slavery to God- it is called self control. If you have slanderous thoughts, remember that we are God and the negative thoughts are just maya trying to decieve you to think they're yours-never feel insecure because we are God and He is us.

Then you are no better because you have done nothing but nindiya in this post, dont look at others faults look at yours, just because as you say amritdharis are doing wrong, then why dont you take amrit and set an example instead of using there faults to cover your weaknesses and using that as an excuse to not take amrit.