Amritdhari, non-amritdhari.

13Mirch

Correct me if im wrong but rehit acts as a bowl that naam can be kept in. People who have no rehit find it really hard to control the 5 vices. And if you have a strong rehit then the naam kamayi is easier to accumulate. Personally I need to practice bibek rehit so I don't find it hard to get myself out of bed and do 5 ishnaana before kirtan sohila

More power to you! :D

It depends on the individual...

If u want u can eat from non amritdhari... if u dnt... u cant skip .... :)

But whateva we do... we should have a reason behind it... datz it :)

But thats true... somebody had written that.. if one is alcoholic and smoker... they can actually break our rehet...!!

Yup they can.. other then that.. u can eat if u want :)..

Those that follow Bibek shouldn't call those that don't Dhillay Sikhs, and those that don't follow Bibek shouldn't call those that do Bahmans regardless of how strict they are (there are exceptions when someone follows some "rehat" without any reason). It is accepted by all Dals, Jathas, Taksals, etc. that Bibek is not against Sikhi principles and Gurmat. If you need evidence then it can be provided, just ask me.

My personal opinon is that Bibek is a must and all Gursikhs should keep it, but I'm not going to oppose my opinions on anyone, as I could be wrong. Just as I won't oppose my views about Raagmala, Keski etc on other Gursikhs. We really need to learn to move past these differences and not hate others for having differing views ( I need to work on myself on this as well, I'm not saying I'm perfect) otherwise we won't be able to make Sikhi grow and reach its potential. Look how beautiful Gurmat is, if we just did Parchar together by holding Hands with each other regardless of differences instead of fighting with each other then we could get thousands of people to join Sikhi and take Amrit and become Khalsai.

Im still not sure i understand bibek but ive learned it depends on the individual keeping it and what their interpretation of it is. From being 100% against it im now 50-50 as I try to understand why people keep it. Although some people definitely take it over the top and thats when accusations of Bhaman-vaad start flying around.

The following situation always comes to mind when talking about this subject

I was attending a function where there were Amritdharis and non-Amritdharis alike and the food was being served by Amritdharis, naturally. After finishing my food my empty tray was on the table , some Amritdharis sat down to eat, one had a drink poured for themselves and it ever so slightly touched my empty tray and they refused to drink it as if it had now been tainted or poisoned in some way.

I was quite shocked and it actually made me feel quite down. I felt worthless.

My point is other peoples empty trays had been right where the glass was, droplets of food had been spilled there, they could well have been from a used tray.

I know what jhooth is but what was this??

What makes this situation go against bibek??

What was now wrong with the drink??

Can you go into more details? What table did you put your empty tray on? If it was a table where all the joothai bhandai go then why was this Gursikh putting his clean cup on there in the first place? This is common sense you don't put clean bhandai on dirty surfaces. Or were you eating on a table?

Those that follow Bibek shouldn't call those that don't Dhillay Sikhs, and those that don't follow Bibek shouldn't call those that do Bahmans regardless of how strict they are (there are exceptions when someone follows some "rehat" without any reason). It is accepted by all Dals, Jathas, Taksals, etc. that Bibek is not against Sikhi principles and Gurmat. If you need evidence then it can be provided, just ask me.

My personal opinon is that Bibek is a must and all Gursikhs should keep it, but I'm not going to oppose my opinions on anyone, as I could be wrong. Just as I won't oppose my views about Raagmala, Keski etc on other Gursikhs. We really need to learn to move past these differences and not hate others for having differing views ( I need to work on myself on this as well, I'm not saying I'm perfect) otherwise we won't be able to make Sikhi grow and reach its potential. Look how beautiful Gurmat is, if we just did Parchar together by holding Hands with each other regardless of differences instead of fighting with each other then we could get thousands of people to join Sikhi and take Amrit and become Khalsai.

Great post veer, taking amrit is just tip of iceberg, real definition of khalsa-

Atam Ras Jeh Janye So Hi Khals Dev

Prabh Meh Moh Meh Taas Meh Ranchak Nahin Bhed || (Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji)

Lets all work together to go to introvert and aim for that atam ras maharaj talks about- while maintain/having a right balance in extrovert sikhi...!!

"However, can you ensure that every amritdhari has naam enshrined in their heart?"

Why do you need my assurance to begin with when Gurbani is there to tell us who a true Sikh is? An Amritdhari is a person who has adopted rehat (not just taken Amrit) and hence has obtained Naam from Satguru. As long as he abides by rehat of Guru Sahib, he is a Sikh and food from him is acceptable. The moment he falters i.e. commits bajjar kurehat, he is not a Sikh anymore.

"Gurbani has power to make everything amrit/paras kala, its always been there..question here comes down to one's individual full faith and prem in gurbani itself regarding this suitation..if someone has pure intent and pure perception relyin on gurbani and recites gurbani before having food ..i honestly believe - food is parvan and could be eaten..!!"

This is not a logical statement. Can one take plain water, put it in a plastic bowl, recite Gurbani and expect it to become Amrit to be given to someone as a form of initiation? Absolutely not. Guru Maryada dictates recitation of Gurbani as well as a qualified person(s) while preparing food, degh and Amrit. Otherwise it is not acceptable. Had your logic been valid, Guru Sahib wouldnt have prohibited meat, liquor and tobacco etc. to Sikhs. You have admitted in this very topic that you wouldnt eat from an Amritdhari who hates others and is engrossed in anger. It seems hypocritical not to live by your own standards which you could easily implement by reciting Gurbani over anything he prepares and eat it.

Those who think it is not necessary why not just practice it for a month along with full rehat and see how Guru Sahib blesses you?

This is not a logical statement. Can one take plain water, put it in a plastic bowl, recite Gurbani and expect it to become Amrit to be given to someone as a form of initiation? Absolutely not. Guru Maryada dictates recitation of Gurbani as well as a qualified person(s) while preparing food, degh and Amrit. Otherwise it is not acceptable. Had your logic been valid, Guru Sahib wouldnt have prohibited meat, liquor and tobacco etc. to Sikhs. You have admitted in this very topic that you wouldnt eat from an Amritdhari who hates others and is engrossed in anger. It seems hypocritical not to live by your own standards which you could easily implement by reciting Gurbani over anything he prepares and eat it.

Those who think it is not necessary why not just practice it for a month along with full rehat and see how Guru Sahib blesses you?

Singh when i say amrit i didn't mean to imply- amrit for initiation i mean amrit in the context of turning impure to holy, from bad to good. In gurbani, term amrit has different meaning and have different context, not everywhere in gurbani where it mentions amrit it talks about charan amrit or khanda amrit...!!