Play on Shaheedi of Sahibzaday

SunSingh

there is a good reason why we do not act as our guru;s or shaheeds in movies because they are higly respected and no one can take thier place .

this is a good attempt ,

but something like this should not be attempted . Mata Gujri Who gave birth to our patshahi 10vi is played by a , god knows what kind of person .

NO ONE DID/ OR SHOULD EVER AGAIN DO this sort of thing . it just makes me more sad

that part of our Guru's can be played by other people . its same as that ram rahim acting like our dasam pita :(

there is a good reason why we do not act as our guru;s or shaheeds in movies because they are higly respected and no one can take thier place .

this is a good attempt ,

but something like this should not be attempted . Mata Gujri Who gave birth to our patshahi 10vi is played by a , god knows what kind of person .

NO ONE DID/ OR SHOULD EVER AGAIN DO this sort of thing . it just makes me more sad

that part of our Guru's can be played by other people . its same as that ram rahim acting like our dasam pita :(

thinking like this is what is keeping our Parchar a thousand years behind. And we wonder why the whole world knows about Jesus' teachings, and hardly anyone outside the Sikh religion knows anything about Sikhi. We need to open our minds up and be practical. Nobody is trying to be Guru Ji's Mother. Its just an attempt towards awareness.

thinking like this is what is keeping our Parchar a thousand years behind. And we wonder why the whole world knows about Jesus' teachings, and hardly anyone outside the Sikh religion knows anything about Sikhi. We need to open our minds up and be practical. Nobody is trying to be Guru Ji's Mother. Its just an attempt towards awareness.

parchar is not limited to plays or things like these there are other ways too

this is the very reason why no one does plays in india , i think so . i've never seen anyone pretend in punjab till now

Don't dress up as the gurus, but whats wrong with plays? People watch movies all the time. Its a great way of spreading your message around. What did the Nazis do to spread their ideology and anti-semetic views? They had propoganda. Movies were a big part of this and the Nazis used cinema to brainwash the masses. Plays and movies are a good way to spread and teach people.

parchar is not limited to plays or things like these there are other ways too

Yes but plays are an effective way of getting the message across. Look at how obsessed we are with visual media. In this day and age you'd be more likely to inspire and cause that initial spark that would lead a young person to learn more about Sikhi with a play and cinema.

Actually just recently i was discussing this whole topic with my mum. We were talking about how effective series such as Mahabharat, Ramayan, shows about Krishan Ji and various other Devs and Devis have been, how well the message is put across and how much you can actually learn from them.

There would be no harm in having these sorts of adaptations for more of our itihaas.

No one should be allowed to play as our gurus in a play. Islam is probably the fastest growing religion yet they don't even allow the depiction of their prophet.

Thats a good point but dont forget their other methods of teaching. Also dont forget they dont even have pictures whether they are artists representations or not.

this is a good attempt ,

Did you even bother watching the play???

No you didn't. Instead you wanted to be seen as a ''reformer'' so you quickly jumped on your high horse and started stirring up nonsense.

PLEASE WATCH THE PLAY ***BEFORE*** COMMENTING.

Sorry If I sound harsh, it's not my intention to hurt feelings.