Sign in to follow this  
Azaad

BBC Documentary on illegal immigration from Punjab

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

It's actually truly sad!

But there are people in Punjab who still don't actually believe in this all when you tell them. BBC iplayer isn't accessible from outside the U.K. If anybody from India or so wants to watch it, it's on youtube as well.

• Like 2

It's actually truly sad!

But there are people in Punjab who still don't actually believe in this all when you tell them. BBC iplayer isn't accessible from outside the U.K. If anybody from India or so wants to watch it, it's on youtube as well.

They still wouldn't pay heed to the warnings. They'd think you're trying to rob them of living the dream. It's sad because there's absolutely nothing wrong in trying to improve your lot in life. Our fathers and / or grandfathers did the same!

Edited by Kaljugi
  • Like 1

@ HSD2 - I agree with all you've written in your last post. But you try and tell prospective migrants from back home what you told me, and you'll get the same reaction I mentioned earlier. It seems they want to see the problems (in terms of a poor economy, no jobs, etc) with their own eyes, only then will they believe what they're being told.

Edited by Kaljugi

@ HSD2 - I agree with all you've written in your last post. But you try and tell prospective migrants from back home what you told me, and you'll get the same reaction I mentioned earlier. It seems they want to see the problems (in terms of a poor economy, no jobs, etc) with their own eyes, only then will they believe what they're being told.

I know. But the least we can do is make enough noise that the stupid East Punjabis might actually stop to think. EPs are like toddlers. Want stupid things and then cry when they get what they want and it's not what they hyped it up to be.

The fact they cant even ask themselves if England is so good, why arent the visa sellers and migration lawyers living in Britain rather than just taking their money and sticking them on a boat shows how thick they are. They hand all that money over which goes straight into the hands of people traffickers who then give Russian/Arab/European criminals a cut. If they are lucky to make it the UK without being killed, locked up or left in a ship to drift in the Atlantic (it happens) they come here and work for peanuts. They dont get benefits but work for sikhs/muslims/goreh who want extensions built for cheap labour. Most Muslims are unemployed and love the idea of something for nothing. So what the hell do these Pindus get out of coming to the UK?

They would be better off putting on some lipstick and high heels and walking around Westminster at night. They'd get more money and end up less buggered.

Does anyone think it's worth lobbying Government/MPs for an amnesty where all these guys come forward and get flown back to India? It is clear UK Sikhs cant be bothered to look after them and at least that way these guys could hunt down the people traffickers for a refund.

Edited by HSD2

My personal opinion - I think most of it is due to a huge economic divide in India and a huge pool of black money.

(a). $15K for coming to Britain - 8L INR, can't a person do some business with this money in India? Probably no, because they won't stand any chance of competition compared to people with crores of INR of black money invested in the same business. People who finally decide to move probably explore all options before moving overseas.

(b). Both Punjab Govt. and Indian Govt. have no interest or probably negative interest in industralisation of Punjab. Indian Govt. at the back of its mind knows someday or another, this land is not ours and is forcibly acquired, someday or another, we will have to leave this land for Khalistan, so exploit it as much as you can, no need to motivate any industrialisation of this land. Collect 100% of taxes from people of this land, give back 5-7% and make huge noises as done a huge charity. At one time, PTL/Punwire/JCT/Ranbaxy etc. were there in Mohalli and Mohalli was seen as next business/industrial hub of Northern India, however is no longer an industrial hub. There is no Punwire/PTL today. Only a couple of IT companies, one of it is the most pissing-off Quark. Hosiery industry in Ludhiana struggles with power issues. MNCs who wanted to set-up offices in Mohalli are discouraged. Sikh industrialists from Maharashtra who set-up plants in Punjab face issues with weekly HAFTA culture from goons of Prakash Singh Badal and Sukhbir Badal.

Edited by JasSinghKhalsa

East Punjabis turn their noses up at the thought of it, but this kind of factory work is the exact thing many grandparents did in the UK so that their kids could get an education and not have to travel the world looking for work. The Japanese, Germans, Koreans and now the Chinese all had a generation that slogged it out in the factories so that their kids wouldnt be poor and have to be immigrants in someone else's country to have a better life. What is wrong with East Punjabis that they dont get this?

I tell you what plays a big part in this! This imagined 'greatness' to many pindus have where they believe they are 'sons of the lord of the manor' and thus beneath doing such work back home. But they'll come here and work like dogs in cement no problem.

Lack of humility can be an issue. And this is yet another consequence of filling ignorant people's heads up with illusions of grandeur which are far removed from the truth/reality.

Edited by dalsingh101
  • Like 1

Had a thought I had to share.

My parent's generation (from back home), for all their faults never baulked at doing farm work or construction work back home - even if it wasn't for a massive fortune. So they didn't consider themselves above such things back home. Contrast that to the jumped up crap we get from apnay back home nowadays.