BBC Documentary on illegal immigration from Punjab

Azaad

Also, apart from the illegal immigration from Punjab, everybody in Britain should get ready for a mass immigration from Punjabis settled in Europe--poor guys have spent 10-15 years of their lives simply to bring their children to an English-speaking country.

No, I'm not saying 'all of them' are coming here...but 'Italian Punjabis' (if there is such a phrase) are pretty much getting flooded in the city I live.

Illegal immigration from Punjab is not only a 'problem' for the U.K. but also for Italy, Portugal, Spain etc. We recently spoke to someone in Portugal who told us that Punjabis work SO extremely hard there...they would pluck oranges or grapes etc. for 8 hours and get paid 12 euros for that!!!!!! 12 euros for 8 hours of plucking oranges!!!!!!

My husband's massar is very rich man. They've got properties worth crores of rupees. But even still, his sons wanted to come abroad. I honestly DO NOT understand this mentality. These guys don't think twice before buying a car worth about 30 lakhs but would work in farms in Italy.

How weird is that!!!!?!!!! :stupidme:

My husband's massar is very rich man. They've got properties worth crores of rupees. But even still, his sons wanted to come abroad. I honestly DO NOT understand this mentality. These guys don't think twice before buying a car worth about 30 lakhs but would work in farms in Italy.

How weird is that!!!!?!!!!

It's not weird at all. It's very common. A lot of those guys I've met on sites come from well heeled, rich families who, frankly, don't really need to 'escape' Panjab to avoid poverty or any discomfort.

Let's be frank, we have some really imbecilic mentalities amongst our lot. I mean, the amount some of them pay to get smuggled abroad could have been spent on education. I think they see this place as some sort of 'get rich quick scheme'?

Bhaji, I think you are over-embellishing when it comes to Canada's situation. Sikhs pretty much run Canada. They are well established and well connected in government. New Sikh immigrants have a good safety net in Canada, because they already have family members there that can support them. Canadian politicians are also mindful of Sikh issues, and consequently immigrant issues, because they make up a large percentage of the voting block. I've been to Canada numerous times, and they aren't shooting heroine in the streets like you said.

I think different types of Sikh immigrants go to different countries. It is much harder to immigrate to America, than it is to Canada or U.K. American immigration policy favors educated immigrants. They want people with degrees that will help America compete globally. Generally there is great fervor among people in Punjab, to go abroad. Since it is easier for uneducated people to emigrate to U.K. and Canada, more of them end up there. No degree, no money, and no family support will cause some of them end up destitute.

Australia's Sikh community of Woolgoolga are thriving. They've made a fortune from their banana plantations, that have been operating for generations now. The wealthiest Australian Sikhs now live in Woolgoolga. Sikhs have had similar success with plantations in California and British Columbia.

It's the type of immigrants that the country attracts that is the main issue.

EDIT: Don't forget about the Italian Sikhs! Those hard working folks have been credited by the Italians themselves, for saving Italy's cheese industry.

Not knowing things is not a crime. Nobody can know everything. Refusing to learn, however, is a terrible crime. Shooting the messenger is a terrible shame.

Go to downtown Vancouver. It is the biggest open air shooting (Heroin and Meth) gallery in the western world. Vancouver's drug problem is a thousand times worse than ours and it's Punjabis suffer from it a thousand times more than us. But...surprise surprise its us the whinging British Sikhs that keep crying. Thats all we're good for. Crying, complaining and blaming. We're so miserable its unbelievable.

Go to Vancouver. Its got a dirt poor homeless problem that makes London look like heaven. Their problem is a thousand times worse than ours. But do you think the Canadian Sikhs would sit back and allow things to get so desperate that it were Sikhs who were Canada's homeless ? We, the British Sikhs should be ashamed of ourselves. We live in a city with relatively very few homeless and yet we've allowed our brothers and sisters to become so desperate that Sikhs are London's largest homeless community. Shame on us.

Go to Toronto. There are 3 large Jamaican expatriate centres in the world : London, New York and Toronto. Of the 3 cities it is Toronto that is suffering horrendous levels of related crime and murder. Its on a level that makes London look like a peaceful village. But do you see our Canadian brothers and sisters crying about it ? They don't even though they share those actual neighbourhoods with the Jamaicans (Rexdale and Mississauga). We whinging pom British Sikhs don't ever stop crying and complaining. Thats all we're good for.

Woolgoolga ? I mention Australian Sikhs and you talk about Woolgoolga ? Have you ever been to Woolgoolga ? Let me tell you about it. It houses the old community. You can spend the day meeting every Sikh in the town and you will struggle to meet more than a handful of immigrants. The 'immigrants' that this discussion is about are in Melbourne and Sydney. Sydney itself is experiencing at the moment a level of Islamic fundamentalism among its 2nd and 3rd generation Aussie born Arabs that we in England experienced a decade ago. It is huge. Toronto, also, has a Muslim population far bigger than its Sikh population. Pakistanis, Arabs, Somalians etc. They're all there in massive numbers. How many times do you hear Canadian Sikhs crying about it though ? No, its always us the whinging poms that do that. We never stop.

I have close family in California, Italy and Canada. Similar Sikhs from similar families and similar areas go there as come here. Its too easy to blame the immigrant. Sometimes one needs to look alot closer to home to find where the blame should lie. Everywhere else the Sikh community and the Sikh family helps the newly arrived to settle in. They still have community. They still have bridarari. These new immigrants to England also have extended settled family members in the UK. But we the British Sikhs have become cold people. Cold hearted. Not only do we not help the new to settle we actually ignore them and pretend that they don't even exist. There are immigrants from all over the world that come to London. Most of them come from poorer areas than Punjab.....more uneducated than Punjabis. They have come in bigger numbers than the Punjabis. There is a reason why its just the Punjabi Sikhs that have ended up destitute on the streets. Here you are blaming them and the labour situation in the UK and yet you ignore that all those other groups don't end up on the streets. Why is it that most of the illegals that came in the back of a lorry from Calais were Kurds, Iraqis and Africans and yet it is only the small number that were Sikhs that ended up on the streets begging for money ? The reason is because of us. We, the British Sikh community have failed them. It is a crying shame the way we have failed them. We are, however, so utterly shameless that after we fail them we then go on to blame them.

Crying, whinging, complaining, blaming. Thats all us British Sikhs are good for.

It's not weird at all. It's very common. A lot of those guys I've met on sites come from well heeled, rich families who, frankly, don't really need to 'escape' Panjab to avoid poverty or any discomfort.

Let's be frank, we have some really imbecilic mentalities amongst our lot. I mean, the amount some of them pay to get smuggled abroad could have been spent on education. I think they see this place as some sort of 'get rich quick scheme'?

I think some id*ots over here are responsible for telling them more than a few porkies. Building houses back in EP with ugly stupid looking plane models on the roofs dont help either.

Considering University fees in the UK are 9000-16000 for international students which is affordable for some of them they are stupid to hand that money over to criminals and people traffickers instead. It's not that hard to sit International A-Levels either, most countries have test centres. The International A-Levels are more prestigous than normal A-Levels and it's not like Sikhs in the UK couldnt send them the exam/revision material to EP if they wanted it. That's if they wanted to do it the academic route. Something tells me that they'll keep banging their heads against the wall in the time honoured tradition of doing what they think is best regardless of what we say.

Considering University fees in the UK are 9000-16000 for international students which is affordable for some of them they are stupid to hand that money over to criminals and people traffickers instead. It's not that hard to sit International A-Levels either, most countries have test centres. The International A-Levels are more prestigous than normal A-Levels and it's not like Sikhs in the UK couldnt send them the exam/revision material to EP if they wanted it. That's if they wanted to do it the academic route. Something tells me that they'll keep banging their heads against the wall in the time honoured tradition of doing what they think is best regardless of what we say.

You seriously think the average pendu freshies can handle A Levels!!!

How weird is that!!!!?!!!! :stupidme:

Maybe they think they will find a better wife if they are citizens of a foreign country. NRI's come back to Punjab and marry the the most qualified girls, as the women see it as a means of escaping Punjab.

So if a Punjabi guy with no degree becomes an Italian citizen, then he has a better chance of going back to Punjab and marrying a doctor.

You seriously think the average pendu freshies can handle A Levels!!!

They're not that hard. I know some absolute id*ots who aced their A-Levels, due to a few revision tactics.

BTW I didnt mean do International A-Levels straight away. They'll have to do Secondary School prep material, then do IGCSEs or Cambridge Olevels. The material for teaching/learning/revising for those is easy to get hold off or can be sent from here if people back there really wanted it. That's if they can be bothered though.

They're not that hard. I know some absolute id*ots who aced their A-Levels, due to a few revision tactics.

BTW I didnt mean do International A-Levels straight away. They'll have to do Secondary School prep material, then do IGCSEs or Cambridge Olevels. The material for teaching/learning/revising for those is easy to get hold off or can be sent from here if people back there really wanted it. That's if they can be bothered though.

The guys who work on sites generally don't have academic/study skills. I mean the ones from rich families.

Shall I be frank? They do it so they can have access to easy sex, drugs and alcohol --- away from prying eyes. Here, nobody knows their name. It's also a bit of an adventure, something to do before they have to settle down or return home if things don't work out abroad, so they can have some stories to tell when they get old about how they "lived it up" in a European country or two. It's a mentality I cannot fathom despite partially understanding some of the - warped - logic behind it.

I'm under no illusions these are salt-of-the-earth, misunderstood types because they aren't. These are the same besharams who eye up your wives and your sisters when you're standing right next to them whenever a journey back home is made. Those who desire help and assistance behave a lot differently than these chancers --- I've put a couple of the good ones onto further education routes so they don't have to break their backs for the rest of their lives in this country.

If that makes me cold-hearted then call me Mr. Freeze.