Canadian Desi Media on Meat Eating

we are talking abouts sikhs here not just humans. humans do a lots of things.

Han ji,

I was speaking from a Sikh point of view.

We don't cut our hair because god has given it as a gift to all humans. With the same logic, God has made humans meat eaters. We have canine teeth, meant for tearing flesh.

I am adding points from a scientific background, in addition to the points from Gurbani stated by the woman in the video.

This Bibi has been misguiding many people. Instead of understanding the truth and then spreading the truth regardless of how many people love or hate you. These nastiks play with vulnerable peoples emotions and then set them up for failure with teaching them nastik beliefs. I had a discussion with one of these nastiks not to long ago and the person thought that this world is the Vaheguru. If you mention Indra, Vishnu, Krishna, etc infront of these people then they throw their hands in the air and say............never existed. Such people can't even learn from Indra's mistakes, but are making the same mistakes. However even Indra climbed the latter of spiritual wisdom higher than these people who have Satguru sitting right in front of them. Indra had it much tougher and still reached higher heights. I give much more respect to Indra than these people any day.

Those that hold this Bibi in high regards. Go read Katha Upanishads and understand reality of Brahmin and atma.

Why do we have to bring Hindu deities into a discussion about meat eating?

Why don't we read Guru Granth Sahib, instead of the Hindu scripture Katha Upanishad?

It doesn't make sense to look towards Hindu scriptures for guidance, and then turn around and say that we are not Hindus.

It is a shame that we are still trapped in this confusion on eating or not.

When there is no daya there is no dharam. The butcher has no pity while killing the animal and because he kills them for the consumer, the consumer also has to give lekha for this.

The consciousness of animals is same as that for humans and that for plants it is very little to nothing and for rocks the consciousness is zero. Eating fruits and vegetables is not same as eating meat.

If eating meat is religious what is then non-religious?

The truth is that the person eating meat cannot concentrate on naam and if you think this is not true then prove me wrong.

You are referring to the lines by Bhagat Kabir. He was criticizing the practice of Halaal meat preparation. They slit the animal's throat and slowly let it bleed to death, while they recite a prayer from the Quran. That is why he asks " Would you slit your own throat, to have meat with your bread?"

Killing in the name of God is never a righteous action. If it was, then all butchers would be mahapurakhs, as Kabir ji has said.

Guru Hargobind Sahib's hukamnama clearly prohibit these things for sikhs. But his created akal takhat still prohibit halaal. Takht's have there own rehit. This is tough time for us.

Can you please provide that hukamnamma? I have never come across it.

As far as I know, Akal Takht does not prohibit meat eating. They only prohibit halaal meat (and kosher meat defacto).

Sherdil, do you consider slaughtering animals (for whatever reason) religious? We have to give accounts for eating it. The purpose of being a sikh should be to attain self-realisation. I am telling that consumption of meat is an obstacle in the path and again if you do not believe me, prove me wrong.

oh tu rehnde bhai,

if ur canine teeth are meant to tear flesh then jump on a lion or even try a goat if u r scared of a lion and tear it apart with ur canine and eat it without cooking like animals do. I bet u cant even do this to a rat.
In gurbani Human is called BANDA and banda is meant to do bandgi not eat jaanwar like jaanwars with canine.

Han ji,

I was speaking from a Sikh point of view.

We don't cut our hair because god has given it as a gift to all humans. With the same logic, God has made humans meat eaters. We have canine teeth, meant for tearing flesh.

Sherdil, do you consider slaughtering animals (for whatever reason) religious? We have to give accounts for eating it. The purpose of being a sikh should be to attain self-realisation. I am telling that consumption of meat is an obstacle in the path and again if you do not believe me, prove me wrong.

Killing anything in the name of God is not a righteous action. This is what Kabir ji has said, and this is what I believe. This is what Akal Takht has decreed as well. That is why Halaal and Kosher are prohibited for Sikhs.

The woman in the video quoted the line by Guru Nanak, where he tells us that plants and animals came from water. Thus, the meat that you forsake and the plants that you eat are one in the same.

Humans also evolved to be lusty and make as many offspring as possible. Humans evolved to be greedy. Of course God made me this way so I can do as I like. Wrong. Sikhi teaches to rise above these animalistic things and be something higher. We could all use excuses of "god made me this way" to avoid/do things.

A "sucha Sikh" is a true Sikh if that person follows all the Gurus instructions.

Preoccupation with lust (kaam) fills your head with such thoughts. There is no room in your mind for God.

Greed comes from Haumai. You are only concerned with your own needs. Gurbani says you cannot understand God's Hukam if you have haumai.

By eating flesh, how is the mind polluted?

Killing anything in the name of God is not a righteous action. This is what Kabir ji has said, and this is what I believe. This is what Akal Takht has decreed as well. That is why Halaal and Kosher are prohibited for Sikhs.

The woman in the video quoted the line by Guru Nanak, where he tells us that plants and animals came from water. Thus, the meat that you forsake and the plants that you eat are one in the same.

Preoccupation with lust (kaam) fills your head with such thoughts. There is no room in your mind for God.

Greed comes from Haumai. You are only concerned with your own needs. Gurbani says you cannot understand God's Hukam if you have haumai.

By eating flesh, how is the mind polluted?

can you prove me wrong?

oh tu rehnde bhai,

if ur canine teeth are meant to tear flesh then jump on a lion or even try a goat if u r scared of a lion and tear it apart with ur canine and eat it without cooking like animals do. I bet u cant even do this to a rat.

In gurbani Human is called BANDA and banda is meant to do bandgi not eat jaanwar like jaanwars with canine.

I like my meat well done, so I don't think I will be trying to eat live animals any time soon. Lol.

Mainu nah puch. Avdeh dentist nu puch lae, "Why do we have canine teeth?"

In the animal kingdom, the only animals that have canine teeth are those that eat flesh.