Canadian Desi Media on Meat Eating

Wow she is clearly out of depth...if such people become our parcharaiks...may vahiguroo bless us.

Now with that being said, from old traditional gurmat perspective-

In Gurmat, Guru Maharaj has beautifully/carefully blended bhagti/gyan bhav (sargun and nirgun upasana) and shakti bhav (nihang shaktism - sri dasam granth/sri sarbloh granth focus on shakti/bhaugati hungry for blood to invoke shakti/bir ras tales both in form of symbolism and partakh)..!!

I would say sikhi is 70% vegetarian than fully 100% ..i may be wrong but it appears its 70 percent veggie, 30 percent non veggie (extrovert jhatka ritual to invoke shakti of bhaugati with sri dasam granth patt/sri sarbloh granth patt)..Now that left wing nut bar lady in the video is clearly out of depth..!!

Here is 2nd attempt, hoping to bring some shanti and understanding regarding this topic. Hinduism also have differences like veggie and non veggie, but they hardly fight because followers belonging to orders such Vishishtadvaita, vaishnavism- staunch veggies and shaavism (kashmiri shavism, aghori cult etc)- non veggie-kshatriya-shiv shakti tradition have clear understanding of its own philosophy/symbolism etc. So coming back to modern sikhi and puratan sikhi.

To all, here are some questions:

1. Why meat and non meat debate (in form of literature, audio) never existed before singh sabha? I find it extremely strange..surely if meat and non meat was hot topic all along how come there was no debate about or mention of such disagreements in sooraj parkash granth, panth parkash, nanak parkash, rehitnamas etc?

2. Nirmale/taksal upsamparda of nirmale are known as staunch veggie and nihangs are known as non veggie practising jhatka..how come they never fought/argued/debate prior to singh sabha? or have heated debates- samelan over this topic? No historical evidence could be found regarding of anything like this.

3. Those who believe sikhi is 100% staunch veggie path, how they reconcile their beleif with theology of sri dasam granth, sri sarbloh granth which is mostly based on (based on shakti shown by bhaugati be it in symbolism/ day to day practice, tales of bir ras)??

4. Have we ever researched- Nihang shaktism school of thought? For me its quite deep i am still trying to wrap my head around it, each every thing they have is deep both extovert/intovert symbolism behind it.

May be i am seeing from different perspective, sri guru granth sahib is embodiment of bhakti/devotion/knowledge/prem- sidhant of sri guru granth sahib is nirole prema bhagti gyan which has no place for meat eaters those who eat meat for jeb da swad(taste). However with that being said, as soon as we incorporate shakti sidhant of sri dasam granth into bhakti sidhant one cannot ignore symbolism of shakti- jhatka sacrifice of animal to invoke shakti behind it .. i mean there is no hard or fast rule one must do jhatka of goat in order to invoke shakti but symbolism are there for certain reasons not all nihangs do jhatka, only gurbani abhyaasi- das granthi patt kant/sarbloh bibeki can do jhatka.

I am veggie myself , eating meat should not be allowed in the panth in normal circumstances only extreme circumstances such as for survival or if you live in siberia/alaska/yukon where temp reaches -60, eating meat should not be encouraged to normal joe blow or normal sangat but with the exception of nihangs who have understanding behind nihang shakism (based on sri dasam guru granth and sri sarbloh granth)- another aspect in gurmat, only nihangs can do jhatka and eat meat not for taste purposes but for the sake of invoking shakti and perserving shakti symbolism in the panth..quite bluntly- Sikhs are not raw bhramins nor we are jains...we are symbolically just like our father sri guru gobind singh ji maharaj- khatri ko putt ho, bhramin ko nahi, sri guru gobind singh maharaj has blended - raj yog, prem bhakti/gyan, shakti in the Khalsa and has blended sato/rajo/tamo gun in khalsa (one must kept right balance) so based on time/circumstances - khalsa can adapt in the above aspects/attributes guru maharaj gave us..!!!!

I am veggie myself , eating meat should not be allowed in the panth in normal circumstances only extreme circumstances such as for survival or if you live in siberia/alaska/yukon where temp reaches -60, eating meat should not be encouraged to normal joe blow or normal sangat but with the exception of nihangs who have understanding behind nihang shakism (based on sri dasam guru granth and sri sarbloh granth)- another aspect in gurmat, only nihangs can do jhatka and eat meat not for taste purposes but for the sake of invoking shakti and perserving shakti symbolism in the panth..quite bluntly- Sikhs are not raw bhramins nor we are jains...we are symbolically just like our father sri guru gobind singh ji maharaj- khatri ko putt ho, bhramin ko nahi, sri guru gobind singh maharaj has blended - raj yog, prem bhakti/gyan, shakti in the Khalsa and has blended sato/rajo/tamo gun in khalsa (one must kept right balance) so based on time/circumstances - khalsa can adapt in the above aspects/attributes guru maharaj gave us..!!!!

I can't resist...

N30S1NGH ji, how can you claim to be a veggie when you were blaming "staunch veggie" Khalistanis for blowing up Air India. I think your battle is against Akal Takht, and you will say just about anything to further your cause.

Case in point:Sikhs Historical Gurudwara in Gwalior which was converted into Hindu Kali Temple in 1984

N30S1NGH said the following:

"I am not sure why single out-demonize/villify group like that, I am not a nihang but i must speak for under-represented/under dogs, instead of asking where was nihangs? may i ask where was the rest of the panth including self-righteous panthic sevadars/police sitting abroad and in india , arm chair critics when this happened? and where was those ultra staunch veggie's when this happened? oh let me guess- busy blowing innocent human civilians in air india (inderjit singh reyat admitted he made the bomb which bought down air india)...being ultra orthodox staunch veggie yet killing 321 human innocent civilians in air india which included 80 sikhs...pretty ironic eh?...now go cry me a flipping river if you want mate...!!!!!!!!!!!

See how quickly tables can turn, you guys want to work together, lets work together but lets not demonize and villify anyone, lets move fwd with solutions rather than blaming each other..!!!!!!!!!"

May be i am seeing from different perspective, sri guru granth sahib is embodiment of bhakti/devotion/knowledge/prem- sidhant of sri guru granth sahib is nirole prema bhagti gyan which has no place for meat eaters

I wouldn't be that one-sided, when it comes to Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji !

I would say that there are too many one-liner and single tuks that can be used out of context to argue both for veggie and non-veggies.

Personally, I don't think SGGSj specifies or points either way.

I think the stance is very NEUTRAL.

Hence- Akal Takht maryada does NOT excommunicate for eating meat.

The choice is left to the individual !

Like I said earlier, we complicate sikhi by bringing in the meat issue!

Guru Nanak Ji specifies clearly that we are FOOLs if we argue about the right or wrong about meat.

he also famously compares the pain a sugar cane experiences when it is crying out whilst being squeezed between the rollers !!

Sikhi stance should be neutral !

However, having respect for other veggies means no meat in langar,sikh events, or anywhere wher large numbers of veggies may be !!

Chalo we can't do anything by arguing here. Karmi aapo aapni. Jo Marji Karo na Karo. Kaho piya te aish Karo te aapne aapne Karam kamao. Close the thread.

Before closing the thread does anyone know how to jhatka an egg?.........................i was trying to do it and couldn't figure out which end was the head. :biggrin2: