CHAAR SAHIBZAADE (Guru Gobind Singhji's four sons) - movie

Pappi9

Chaar Sahibzaade set TAX-FREE in Madhya Pradesh

Chaar Sahibzaade based on the real life story of the sacrifice of the four sons of Guru Gobind Singh, is now declared tax free in the state of Madhya Pradesh.

Shivraj Singh Chouhan the Chief Minister of MP, watched the first photo realistic film on the history of Sikhs and loved it. After watching the film Shivraj Singh Chauhan, chief minister of Madhya Pradesh, was so impressed with the film, he tweeted, “Sahibzaade film based on the sacrifice of brave sons of Guru Gobind Singh Ji shall be tax free in Madhya Pradesh.”

Good film emotional to watch. There are some historical inaccuracies that have been mentioned already like usage of the khanda emblem that didn't exist at the time... Mentioning of gatka which again was never a Sikh art of combat and originated long after this time. On the whole a good film definitely worth seeing for the younger "gorafied" generation. More of these initiatives are required.

Good film emotional to watch. There are some historical inaccuracies that have been mentioned already like usage of the khanda emblem that didn't exist at the time... Mentioning of gatka which again was never a Sikh art of combat and originated long after this time. On the whole a good film definitely worth seeing for the younger "gorafied" generation. More of these initiatives are required.

Veer ji

I was under the impression that Guru Har Gobind ji started training of Sikhs in the martial arts during his time am I wrong?

Awesome movie. Pin drop silence in the threatre at the end of the movie.

No silence in the Cinema when I saw it. Just non-stop Jaikare, emanating from the little kids. The first Jaikara started as soon as the end credits started and that was an adult, but then the little ones took over with so much vigour. In the dark, all around the room, there were these tiny voices roaring so loud, one after the other, basically indirectly telling us adults in the audience the following : "We've learned something from the movie......have you ?"

No silence in the Cinema when I saw it. Just non-stop Jaikare, emanating from the little kids. The first Jaikara started as soon as the credits started and that was an adult, but then the little ones took over with so much vigour. In the dark, all around the room, there were these tiny voices roaring so loud, one after the other, basically telling us adults in the audience the following : "We've learned something from the movie......have you ?"

Wow just wow. That's so great to hear.

Veer ji

I was under the impression that Guru Har Gobind ji started training of Sikhs in the martial arts during his time am I wrong?

Yes you are right the akal sena and Sikh martial training was started by Guru Hargobind ji. These were things like kushti, grappling, jandi vidiya, shastar vidiya, ayudh vidiya. I.e: lethal combat arts along with archery, horse riding, falconary etc. Not gatka, this is a sport/ entertainment art originating during times of the British raaj it is not a martial art or combat art. Which is why you can find gatka rule books on how to score points and which strikes are banned/ not allowed etc..its a game not a warfare art.