Washing Darbar Sahib Floor With Milk Is Equal To ShivJi's ** - Singh Sabha Canada

DSGj

Missionaries need to study royalty/devotional aspect in Sikhi, right now they come across as bunch of whiners, over paranoid, silly sissy, hysterical, hyper sensitive high school girl types..they need to grow a pair- always argue over small stuff..what a bunch of fussar panthis.!!!!!

Your right on the mark!

Guru gobind Singh Ji lived like a king.He had a ring,kalgi,necklace,etc.

But then again Satguru throw away, bright, shinny, and expensive rocks into the river as they were nothing.

How many mercede/bmw/audi driving people are ready to throw away their car for a simple compact car? However they don't want Darbar Sahib floors washed with milk.

Sing along this shabad in Asa sangat jee to completely immerse yourself in Prem ras - with no regard to any of the worldly 'valuables

Dude its not a worldly value, washing darbar sahib floor with milk is devotion shown to satguru granth sahib ji maharaj yes parchar of that needs to strike right balance which they do.....you point being worldly valuables does not make sense here..next time missionaries will have problem is "chaur sahib" ..they going to claim how thats worldly valuables and push left wing peta agenda on to the panth..they need do us a favor... join some left wing peta movement, leave sikh devotional affairs alone..to be honest its bit out of missionary league to understand how human consciousnesses works with devotional aspect in sikhi...pretty much all my mona brother in law are affected by heretic missionary parchar of khandan-mandan..its like talking two separate things without any common mutual understanding ..its becoming pretty pathetic and old broken record. get over it ..missionaries should stick to what they know and what they good at such as sikh political activism...you have my backing there..!!!

Isn't it a bit of a waste though? That milk could be given to poor people who are starving. I think guru sahib would prefer that rather than people using it to clean him.

100% agreed brother that what you said is what Gurmat teaches us

Guru sahib was against ritualistic show of respect ......

I completely agree with Chuck Singh Norris that milk should go to starving children who need and can benefit much more form it rather than the marble -

Parupkaar or altruism is placed very highly in Gurbani

"Mithya tan nahi parupkaari"

Any resource that can improve lots of humans should be used for that purpose before for any religious ritual.

Exactly Paji you're 100% right with your pro-Gurmat stance

There was no gold ever at Harmandir Sahib during Guru's times. it was installed by Maharaja Ranjit Singh's whose many actions like having multiple ranis were out of line with gurmat.

Gold is not shown any importance in Gurbani -

"Jo nar dukh main dukh nahi maane , Kaanchan maati jane"

Exactly Paji, gold on Harmandar Sahib is totally against Gurmat, given that world hunger has not yet been defeated as Sikhi wishes to achieve.

Your right on the mark!

Guru gobind Singh Ji lived like a king.He had a ring,kalgi,necklace,etc.

Don't believe all the recent portraits you see to be accurate reflections of reality bro. Dasme PaathShah were the paragon of humility. The Kalgi - which did not cost anything - was symbolic to send the message the Mughals that the Sikh Panth which has unbreakable faith in one God and believes in justice and equality for the downtrodden cannot be constrained or banned from carrying weapons as the Islamic Empire wanted our Sikh Panth to stop doing. As for any of our Guru Sahibs wearing gold rings and diamond necklaces like some rappers - "don't believe the hype" (if you are old enough to understand the musical reference bro :-)

100% agreed that what you said is what Gurmat teaches us

Exactly Paji, gold on Harmandar Sahib is totally against Gurmat, given that world hunger has not yet been defeated as Sikhi wishes to achieve.

Don't believe all the recent portraits you see to be accurate reflections of reality bro. Dasme PaathShah were the paragon of humility. The Kalgi - which did not cost anything - was symbolic to send the message the Mughals that the Sikh Panth which has unbreakable faith in one God and believes in justice and equality for the downtrodden cannot be constrained or banned from carrying weapons as the Islamic Empire wanted our Sikh Panth to stop doing.

I haven't been basing this on portraits.I have seen these with my eyes.I have seen guru jis ring.In the next month I will be posting pictures of my trip to India and show you his ring.

100% agreed that what you said is what Gurmat teaches us

Don't believe all the recent portraits you see to be accurate reflections of reality bro. Dasme PaathShah were the paragon of humility. The Kalgi - which did not cost anything - was symbolic to send the message the Mughals that the Sikh Panth which has unbreakable faith in one God and believes in justice and equality for the downtrodden cannot be constrained or banned from carrying weapons as the Islamic Empire wanted our Sikh Panth to stop doing.

as stated earlier, why not just take down darbar sahib, brick by brick and sell them for charlty? Sell all the marble from all the gurdwaras. Why stop there? Does Guru maharaj ji need a bed in sachkhand? ......... * facepalm*

100% agreed brother that what you said is what Gurmat teaches us

Don't believe all the recent portraits you see to be accurate reflections of reality bro. Dasme PaathShah were the paragon of humility. The Kalgi - which did not cost anything - was symbolic to send the message the Mughals that the Sikh Panth which has unbreakable faith in one God and believes in justice and equality for the downtrodden cannot be constrained or banned from carrying weapons as the Islamic Empire wanted our Sikh Panth to stop doing. As for any of our Guru Sahibs wearing gold rings and diamond necklaces like some rappers - "don't believe the hype" (if you are old enough to understand the musical reference bro :-)

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/63504-guru-gobind-singh-jis-attire/

You will see guru jis pearl necklace,his kalgi,gajgah

http://www.<banned site filter activated>/gurus/Guru%20Gobind/guru-ring.jpg

His ring.I have seen this ring in person.