Simran or paath?

simmal tree

who knows.. God can do watever .. whoever he shows his mercy to..

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

wah wah wah :lol: very well said SikhForLife as allways.

gurpreet this is ur answer what veerje said, as we discussed on msn 5 baneeayn is most import in fact daas dosent does it :( and guru kidhee naal kuch hundaa we dont know.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding what happens if you dont do your nitnem.. to be honest not 100% sure, if you make mistakes after taking your amrit then you go to your panj pyareh and tell them your mistakes, the same i assume applies if your make the mistake of missing your nitnem.

For others it might be enough to do ardaas in front of guru ji and do some extra path, (i will ask someone who has done seva in panj pyareh tomorrow)...

Everybody (well nearly everyone) makes a mistake sometimes, amritdhari's can make them just like other people, i dnt think your amrit is broken if you've done bad stuff, but u definetly need to see the panj pyareh. If your 'amrit was broken' then when you went to see them you would participate in the amrit sanchar for first comers, but as far as i know they will ask you if u have taken if b4 and if so then its called going pesh. Most of us go pesh at some stage.

To be honest id be a bit scepticle of someone who claimed to have got guru ji's darshan unless they had some huge bhagati. (i could be wrong forgive me if i have)

One singh who did phenomenal levels of gurbani and abyaas spoke recently of the different stages to getting darshan of guru ji, it seemed that 100% love and faith in guru granth sahib ji and gurbani, 100% rehat and jeevan were the key ingredients.

On the jaap sahib katha by Sant jarnail singh ji bhindranwale he says

'you sometimes hear people with heads and faces shaved like a karbooja who claim to have gotten darshan of Guru Gobind Singh Ji, it is wise to be aware of people like this, you should be wary of them'.

Yeh guru ji obviously could give his darshan to whoever he wishes, but then why

would guru ji say that without kesh and weapons i will not give u my darshan? if he was going to give them anyway?

Hence i am a bit suspicious of those who claim otherwise.... if we can gt guru ji's darshan without keeping our rehat then why did guru ji bother giving us one in the first place? Guru ji said if you wish to get his darshan you can see him in the panj pyareh... so once the panj pyareh give us a command we shouldnt feel that we can somehow get to guru ji without having to listen to what he told us through his five mouths in the form of the panj pyareh.

Guest vikramkhalsa

try to do as much as u can , and if u dont finish in time,(try ur hardest), then u can still do it later the same day whenever u get the chance, its better than not finishin it at all...

"is there any difference between doing paath( the 5 banis) and simran"

A giani told me that the 5 banis are like the runway and simran is like flight. The goal is to stay in flight as much as possible. However, every plane must come down to the runway to refuel etc. Having a runway to land on is kind of like protection, and enables you to do more simran than if you didn't. Sorry if that's not too clear the way I explained it.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

I have a question regarding paath too:

Can we do Keertan Sohela after 12:00am?Coz I remember a viakhaya where the Gianiji said that after 12:00am you can only start the morning paath. Do the timings matter? I sometimes do my H/W until after 12. And Sohela time is too late.Please help. :lol:

and ya this forum is great! I just joined.

Guru rakha!

Das is very suprised at many people how many say paath is completly different compared to paath.

afterall, for both, is one not remembering god whilst doing paath or simran?

why does one do paath? we can do so many asa-di-vars for protection, or so many sukhmani sahibs for protection, or so many japji sahibs, again for protection, at the end of the day, all paath is for protection and combat against all the bad things that go around us in this world and day of kaljug. paath is there to kill the sukhsham sarir, (the vikaars).

the same applies to simran as well, again, naam jap all day and you have your protection, again killing off the suksham sarir.

paath=simran, you do remember god at both times do you not?

Can we do Keertan Sohela after 12:00am?

hanji, you can recite it, in my opinion. use your breath for a good cause ji :TH: .

bhol chukke muaff

Das