Dasam Granth --- Missionary Exposed By Giani Sher Singh Ji

Pappi9

Guest dasguruka

I recently started reading Dasam Granth Sahib and I could understand why there are so much anti Dasam Granth propaganda because it completely clouds Hinduism and leaves Hinduism with no credibility.

This is a sikh forum and we talk here concepts based on gurmat.Obviously Gurbani labels individuals as Gurmukh and manmukh. Gurmukh is Guru oriented and manmukh is not accepted in Sikhi. He is described as a lost soul.

I thought we were talking here per gurmat and not philosophies of western individuals who have their own theories. They are entitled to their views but sikhi does no endorse their way of meditation.

This is a sikh forum and we talk here concepts based on gurmat.Obviously Gurbani labels individuals as Gurmukh and manmukh. Gurmukh is Guru oriented and manmukh is not accepted in Sikhi. He is described as a lost soul.

I thought we were talking here per gurmat and not philosophies of western individuals who have their own theories. They are entitled to their views but sikhi does no endorse their way of meditation.

Precisely !

So why bring such a question up.

I have no interest whatsoever discussing other forms of meditation.

It was mentioned, because we all know that if there is no dhian or focus, then it simply isn't gurmat.

Guest dasguruka

Does that mean when you read Guru Granth Sahib you did not got the point that rituals of hinduism has no use.

Well Dasam Granth is much more explicit and to the point when it comes to exposing Hinduism. For example in Chandi di Vaar Guru Ji mentions that the "'bhagauti' sliced through the earth and is now resting on the head of the dhaula bull"- The mythical bull in Hinduism that is holding the earth on its axis.

And numerous instances where Guru Ji mentions the Avtaars and their shortcomings in connecting humanity to Akal Purakh.

Well Dasam Granth is much more explicit and to the point when it comes to exposing Hinduism. For example in Chandi di Vaar Guru Ji mentions that the "'bhagauti' sliced through the earth and is now resting on the head of the dhaula bull"- The mythical bull in Hinduism that is holding the earth on its axis.

And numerous instances where Guru Ji mentions the Avtaars and their shortcomings in connecting humanity to Akal Purakh.

Gurbani says there is no such thing that hindu mythology claims something(dhaula bull/sheshnaag) is supporting earth.

Guest dasguruka

I don't its appropriate to say that Manmukhs are not accepted in Sikhi. I believe Manmukhs are lost souls who one day with Waheguru's kirpa will reach Akal Purakh through Gurbani and become Gurbmukhs. I mean that's why we have Gurbani...to connect people to the Creator. If we made it black and white like you are good and you are bad then that will just create rifts. Gurbani mentions Manmukhs as lost souls but it doesn't say that they have no options left.

Guest dasguruka

Gurbani says there is no such thing that hindu mythology claims something(dhaula bull/sheshnaag) is supporting earth.

Not Gurbani but that's a belief in Hinduism. You're right. Guru Nanak Dev ji labelled Dharma as the bull...and actually the bull that Hinduism believed in.

Dasam granth does not contradict that. Does it?

I don't its appropriate to say that Manmukhs are not accepted in Sikhi. I believe Manmukhs are lost souls who one day with Waheguru's kirpa will reach Akal Purakh through Gurbani and become Gurbmukhs. I mean that's why we have Gurbani...to connect people to the Creator. If we made it black and white like you are good and you are bad then that will just create rifts. Gurbani mentions Manmukhs as lost souls but it doesn't say that they have no options left.

Manmukh have to become gurmukhs.Sikhi is all the way as ordained by Guru sahibs.

I would like to see some respectable dialogue where the dates and inaccuracies debated can be laid out side by side.

This is the only way, where someone approaching this subject can make up their own mind with confidence.

That was his thinking and he was corrected on that. Such granths are not written in one month or a year.His date about dilawer khan battle was wrong and guru sahib mentions this battle in his composition.