Urgent: Going On Holiday To Canada, Toronto

MrPindoo21

Legal, recently your posts make you seem like you're just posting for no reason.

Every single one of my recent posts has been in reply to what others have directed towards me. I'm capable of retorting so I do. As it bugs you so much shoudn't you be telling your friends here to stop asking me questions ? I'd appreciate it if you would because I'm tired of having to answer all the time.

First off you're not even from Canada,

We have lived in Canada and then left Canada. My pooah lives in Canada. My thaya lives in Canada. My chacha lives in Canada. My mother in law, brother in law, sister in law and my wife's entire extended family live in Canada. We visit all the time and I live in England. Who, if not me, has qualified things to say on the matter ?

secondly you don't sound like a Sikh with your recent posts.

:wow:

Well there's a shock to the system . I'm intrigued. I'd really like to know. What do I sound like ? A Mongolian goat herder ? A Norwegian fisherman ? A Patagonian cowboy ?

Please explain to me since when has the 'sound of a sikh' been to espouse bigoted scaremongering views about muslims and islam ?

A Sikh doesn't ignore the truth and become an apologist for ped groomers, even if they are of age. Sometimes if something is legal, it still doesn't make it right. I agree that fear mongering isn't right, but at the same time taran and a select few other brothers have been doing a good job of exposing the truth, not spreading irrational fear. Yes, of course our youth (both guys and girls) have a problem of being loose, but that doesn't mean you ignore some of the reasons for this. Some people are genuinely manipulated, the least you can do is feel for the family and the victim's pain and struggle. We all live in a society where it's easy to go astray from the right path, just because you may be on the right path it doesn't mean you should say "he or she deserves it". If you or I don't get mukti in this life who knows in our next life we may be put into a situation that we can't control and put in the same position as the victim just so we understand what their position is.

Also, why didn't you reply to my point that most Canadians don't even consider Quebec to be a part of Canada? I've barely been to Canada twice for a total of two weeks in my life and I know that Quebec are in their own little French ultra-conservative world. Now THIS is fear mongering and insensitive to associate the actions of Quebec and put it on all of Canada.

As N30paji would say, we aren't wahabis or talis who blame the victim because they were "loose" as you would say. Check yourself.

A Sikh doesn't ignore the truth and become an apologist for ped groomers, even if they are of age. Sometimes if something is legal, it still doesn't make it right. I agree that fear mongering isn't right, but at the same time taran and a select few other brothers have been doing a good job of exposing the truth, not spreading irrational fear. Yes, of course our youth (both guys and girls) have a problem of being loose, but that doesn't mean you ignore some of the reasons for this. Some people are genuinely manipulated, the least you can do is feel for the family and the victim's pain and struggle. We all live in a society where it's easy to go astray from the right path, just because you may be on the right path it doesn't mean you should say "he or she deserves it". If you or I don't get mukti in this life who knows in our next life we may be put into a situation that we can't control and put in the same position as the victim just so we understand what their position is.

Also, why didn't you reply to my point that most Canadians don't even consider Quebec to be a part of Canada? I've barely been to Canada twice for a total of two weeks in my life and I know that Quebec are in their own little French ultra-conservative world. Now THIS is fear mongering and insensitive to associate the actions of Quebec and put it on all of Canada.

As N30paji would say, we aren't wahabis or talis who blame the victim because they were "loose" as you would say. Check yourself.

Ignore Legal Singh who obviously got issues with Sikh Canadians.

FYI to legal Singh: Those caste based gurdwaras in Canada are mostly founded and supported by British Sikhs who moved here.

• 1 month later...

all of the british sikhs who are saying bad things about canadian sikhs on how they r too white washed r lies. Hardly ne one here is white washed expect for girls and ppl who grew up in like the 80's most ppl r here have an accent in there english even tho they were born here and only speak punjabi when there at home or even with friends i know this cos me and my whole circle of friends who r all sikh/punajbi r like this and many others brought up in canada swell.

UK ppl ive met most not all have a white english accent and the apne shave beards still wear and its been acceptable for girls to drink. alot of uk sikhs try to be modern and intergrate but if u look at places in western caanda we live areas where u only see apne n our schools r 90 percent south asian.

Read my previous post that explains the differences here compared to UK.

Remember that majority of Punjabis here are 2 generations behind.

I have not found or come across a sikh that is in my generation age group and is NOT whitewashed !

The kids born in 70's and 80's in Canada can hardly be seen within the Sikh community.

My observation is that generally in Canada, the community seems to be following extremes, either they are extremely westernised and give themselves Western names such as "Gary" and "Paul" or they are completely opposite in terms of being extremely traditional,even more so than Punjab. The very traditional side needs to be careful not to become like the Quebecers where they speak the French of 400 years ago and even people in France laugh at them. The extremely western side should remember that the Italian-Canadians and Chinese-Canadians who have lived in Canada for several generations still have pride and retain their language. I remember coming back on a flight from Vancouver and I met a chinese couple, both of them born and raised in Canada and spoke chinese with one another but told me how they found it hard to relate to recent Chinese immigrants to Canada. I

Eventually, the two sides must be meet in the middle and strike a balance.