Vegan Or Vegetaran?

Singh97

The only proper way to have a non animal product diet is to be vegan. Otherwise it's just pakhand.. research how painful it is for dairy cows when milk is extracted. Cows produce milk for their children not for humans to steal..furthermore its not essential for a human diet. milk also has almost identical protein synthesis to that found in beef.

The only proper way to have a non animal product diet is to be vegan. Otherwise it's just pakhand.. research how painful it is for dairy cows when milk is extracted. Cows produce milk for their children not for humans to steal..furthermore its not essential for a human diet. milk also has almost identical protein synthesis to that found in beef.

Couldn't agree more. The idea is to show co-passion not compassion that we are doing animals a favor by treating them right. Its just a matter of time as human consciousness rises as a whole that we see our arrogance. There was time when blacks, women, handicaps ..... were treated like crap, but now its like

almost unthinkable.

VJKK VJKF

I'm 16 and I hope to be blessed with amrit in the future. A question I had was, are most amrit dhari's vegetarian or vegan? Everyone gives me different opinions on what's right and wrong. I'm willing to become vegan, but I want to hear more about the topic first.

Thanks.

First you have to understand that being a vegetarian for Amritdharis means no meat, no fish and no eggs...

Most Amritdharis are vegetarian because in India, cows don't have to go through immense pain in dairy farms.. You know, almost every house in pind owns a cow or buffalo and city folks buy milk from them...

In usa,uk and other countries, dairy plants treat these poor creatures inhumanely, so you can argue that Singhs in these countries should accept vegan life style... but you cant say no to karah prashad lol

Here is what you can do, or here is what I do... Limit your consumption of dairy products....

always research a bit on the dairy brands before buying their products...

Always read ingredients before buying anything. Trust me, a thing which appear to be totally vegetarian would have mystery ingredients like dead Beatles in them

First you have to understand that being a vegetarian for Amritdharis means no meat, no fish and no eggs...

Most Amritdharis are vegetarian because in India, cows don't have to go through immense pain in dairy farms.. You know, almost every house in pind owns a cow or buffalo and city folks buy milk from them...

In usa,uk and other countries, dairy plants treat these poor creatures inhumanely, so you can argue that Singhs in these countries should accept vegan life style... but you cant say no to karah prashad lol

Here is what you can do, or here is what I do... Limit your consumption of dairy products....

always research a bit on the dairy brands before buying their products...

Always read ingredients before buying anything. Trust me, a thing which appear to be totally vegetarian would have mystery ingredients like dead Beatles in them

I agree,... we should be sensible and limit consumption.

What I find shocking is the enormous amounts of milk consumed by apney here in Canada. Seriously, the babey and bibian from India act like they have never seen milk before and they make special trips across US border just to buy cheaper milk and fill the car with fuel !!

It's no surprise that over 75% of over 65's Punjabis have high cholesterol !!

Infact, compared to UK, the majority of Punjabis with high cholesterol are overweight but over here I have been shocked to see healthy looking normal weight apney with very high cholesterol.!! :blink2:

Yaar mein dudh ni peenda par mera pizza da khayrda chad.

#PizzaZindabad

Just a general suggestion.. How about we stop using iPhones because of harsh treatment to Chinese workers by Foxconn. How about we stop buying mass major branded clothes that are being manufactured in Bangladesh where work condition is much worse than slavery itself.

Now my question is.. Where this ends..?

Just a general suggestion.. How about we stop using iPhones because of harsh treatment to Chinese workers by Foxconn. How about we stop buying mass major branded clothes that are being manufactured in Bangladesh where work condition is much worse than slavery itself.

Now my question is.. Where this ends..?

I think it ends where an individual's mind finds rest given his or her intentions. If someone is a vegan and doesn't do any of what you mentioned and he or she thinks they're better than those who don't do what he/she does and looks down on them I don't think that's good either. Whatever we do should be meaningful and should earnestly want to bring a change and not just do it to falsely try to suppress a guilty conscience.

Gurbani (as well recently discovered by science) tells is that not only are plants alive (of course), but they also feel pain. Thus ethical treatment isn't limited to humans and animals, but should also extend to agricultural unethical practices that are detrimental to the environment. What I see with a lot of Sikhs who adopt a certain diet tend to become content and feel just because they don't drink some dudh, that they are somehow helping the said animal or the environment. This is far from the case, only way to really do that is to demonstrate to bring change.

Just my .02 cents and rambling while I'm sleepy typed on my iPhone haha.

Das has been Vegan for almost ten years. Not only does it make you question the quality and ingredients in your food more closely but is linked to better health. I do however take prashad as per rehit and do a short ardas before hand. I hope one day that steps will be taken to ensure ghee in UK come form more sustainable and much more ethical source as its pretty horrific at moment not only for the animal but also on the hormones and drugs pumped into them.