Khushwant Singh Passed Away

if you believe Sarbat Dha Bhalla extends to nindaks of a Mahapurash. Agree once should not be stained for previous misdeeds but did he ever apologise or take back his words, right his wrongs by hurting Sikh sentiments? The article I quoted was from 2003, 19 years after the attack.

Everyone make mistakes inadvertently or advertently...also just because one has difference of opnion with sant ji or his views..doesnt make him nindakh..we neeed to get over this blind personality worship mentality...anyone who disagrees with my sant is nindak, seen as threat, lets celebrate on his death,..chalo even if he is nindakh its not between us ....its between the nindak/person who made mistakes and mahapursh or dharam raja...sukhmani sahib shed some more light on this, sri guru maharaj writes it to balance so one does not think they are doomed for life:
Please contemplate on the following tukh - Nānak sanṯ bẖāvae at the end of every sant nindak couplet in sukhmani sahib as sant dristhi(vision) is one- sam dristhi, he sees bad and good as one, he is above from good and bad..he see all maya big khel ...sees as with one ek/sam dristi vision...!!
नानक संत भावै ता ओइ भी गति पाहि ॥२॥
Nānak sanṯ bẖāvai ṯā o▫e bẖī gaṯ pāhi. ||2||
O Nanak, if it pleases the Saint, even then, he may be saved. ||2||

I think it was a different Khushwant Singh whom Sant Ji mentioned in his speech. Surely, there were many traitors and we can't expect there to be only one Khushwant. Ranbir Singh Sandhu states in his book that it is not the same Khushwant. Has anybody ever verified the veracity of this information?

As far as I know he was against Sant ji but never advocated the attack.

Thanks for clearing up, this video is now circulating around social media and mass misinformation is being dispersed. Would be nice if someone took the initiative to actually establish the facts - whatever they are.

Khushwant Singh accused Sant Ji of threatening to kill him and spoke against him when he was there but Khushwant made up this lie because he was not there in Manji Sahib and Sant Ji never met him. Also, Sant Ji never made such a remark because it is not found in any of the sources nor confirmed by any of other Sikhs.

Sant Ji openly refuted statements and threats of anti-Sikhs. He didn't care who it was. His speech doesn't prove he knew Khushwant Singh or had anything against him. I will try to find the passage from the book and post it.

All I know is that he is not considered to be a religious figure nor any good contributor to our panth. He also didn't have good moral/ethics in some of his non-religious writings. He was very alone and lost during his final years. Sikhs should never celebrate at death of others. Generally, we give respect to only those who were not controlled by maya.

He did return the medal in 1984, however, he received an other similar medal ( in 2003 - or about time) from the Government of India. It seems he may have regretted returning a medal in 1984, so he agreed to accept a similar medal for what reason – (any guess of yours for his reasons to accept the second medal can be justified). . He was anti-Sikh struggle. In his own way he had indicated that he liked keeping the Sikh appearance (Pagri and Kesh) only for two reasons; one that his parents and grand parents kept that appearance ; and the other reason that he become known as sardar and that it helped him become famous and recognized. He admitted several times that he keept his Sikh appearance for cultural tradition - not for religious reasons.

Re: Khushwant Singh Passed Away

March 21, 2014 09:08AM

He made a prophecy that the Sikh religion will become extinct by the end of 20th century. He died yet Sikhs are still in existence. More like him will come and make similar claims yet the end result will always be the same.

March 21, 2014 12:03PM

Khushwant Singh was born in a rich family and had no Shardha in Sikh faith. I think in his early years, he might have had some faith in Sikhi but over the years, he not only lost faith in Sikhi but became a declared agnostic which means that he was indifferent to Sikhi. Surprisingly, he was in favour of Sikhs retaining their physical identity involving unshorn hair and turban.

He was an open advocate of drinking liquor but he claims that he never became drunk in life. He claimed that it's not wrong to drink but is wrong to get drunk. It's not known if he was a womanizer but he wrote very vulgar articles about women. He claimed his liking for women but if you read his writings, his liking for women revolves around Kaam i.e. lust for women. He was a Besharam and dirty old man who had no shame even at the age when even worst sinners repent and try to mend their ways.

He used to criticize Sant Bhindranwale for which he claims to have got a lot of hate mail and even threats to his life. He writes that out of all hate lettters, one stands out because the sender who was a Canadian, wrote a lot of obscenities to him. The envelope had just two lines as address: "<banned word filter activated> Khushwant Singh, India" and the letter still reached him. This is the height of efficiency of the Indian postal service who figured out who the "<banned word filter activated>" Khushwant Singh was.

He is dead now and Vaheguru will decide his fate but as far as Sikhi is concerned and as a Sikh, except for his returning of Padam Bhushan out of protest, when Siri Harmandir Sahib was attacked in 1984, I can't remember any such deed that would make us proud. Other than that, he was indeed a dirty old man, who had good writing skills and wrote some good books too but could have done a lot of good, if he had some moral wisdom of Gurbani. As a writer he was probably in the same league as Amrita Pritam.

Kulbir Singh

After 1984 he used to appear on the BBC Worldservice radio and justify the crackdown on Sikhs. He even praised KPS Gill. The BBCs Mark Tully used to make out Khuswant Singh spoke for the Sikhs when justified the Genocide. It's only one when Sikhs have a free media that the world is beginning to know what happened to the Sikhs.

March 21, 2014 09:08AM

He made a prophecy that the Sikh religion will become extinct by the end of 20th century. He died yet Sikhs are still in existence. More like him will come and make similar claims yet the end result will always be the same.

March 21, 2014 12:03PM

Khushwant Singh was born in a rich family and had no Shardha in Sikh faith. I think in his early years, he might have had some faith in Sikhi but over the years, he not only lost faith in Sikhi but became a declared agnostic which means that he was indifferent to Sikhi. Surprisingly, he was in favour of Sikhs retaining their physical identity involving unshorn hair and turban.

He was an open advocate of drinking liquor but he claims that he never became drunk in life. He claimed that it's not wrong to drink but is wrong to get drunk. It's not known if he was a womanizer but he wrote very vulgar articles about women. He claimed his liking for women but if you read his writings, his liking for women revolves around Kaam i.e. lust for women. He was a Besharam and dirty old man who had no shame even at the age when even worst sinners repent and try to mend their ways.

He used to criticize Sant Bhindranwale for which he claims to have got a lot of hate mail and even threats to his life. He writes that out of all hate lettters, one stands out because the sender who was a Canadian, wrote a lot of obscenities to him. The envelope had just two lines as address: "<banned word filter activated> Khushwant Singh, India" and the letter still reached him. This is the height of efficiency of the Indian postal service who figured out who the "<banned word filter activated>" Khushwant Singh was.

He is dead now and Vaheguru will decide his fate but as far as Sikhi is concerned and as a Sikh, except for his returning of Padam Bhushan out of protest, when Siri Harmandir Sahib was attacked in 1984, I can't remember any such deed that would make us proud. Other than that, he was indeed a dirty old man, who had good writing skills and wrote some good books too but could have done a lot of good, if he had some moral wisdom of Gurbani. As a writer he was probably in the same league as Amrita Pritam.

Kulbir Singh

Great post by Kulbir Singh

Everyone make mistakes inadvertently or advertently...also just because one has difference of opnion with sant ji or his views..doesnt make him nindakh..we neeed to get over this blind personality worship mentality...anyone who disagrees with my sant is nindak, seen as threat, lets celebrate on his death,.

Its not a question about me being protective about Sant Ji, he was a Hawk in comparison to this dung beetle (me) and was a Shiromani Gursikh. Fabricating BS about anyone is called Ninda, and to target Sant Ji was below the belt and he seemed proud of it.

If anyone has any doubts about which Khushwant Singh is being referred to please refer to the following link, it gives you an insight into his character.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/i-was-the-only-indian-to-criticise-bhindranwale-khushwant-singh/1/255997.html