Threat To Sell Kidnapped Nigerian Girls

'I will sell them,' Boko Haram leader says of kidnapped Nigerian girls

By Aminu Abubakar and Josh Levs, CNN
updated 9:48 AM EDT, Mon May 5, 2014

(CNN) -- Fears for the fate of more than 200 Nigerian girls turned even more nightmarish Monday when the leader of the Islamist group that kidnapped them announced plans to sell them.
"I abducted your girls. I will sell them in the market, by Allah," a man claiming to be Boko Haram leader Abubakar Shekau said in a video first obtained by Agence France-Presse.
"There is a market for selling humans. Allah says I should sell. He commands me to sell. I will sell women. I sell women," he continued, according to a CNN translation from the local Hausa language.
Boko Haram means "Western education is sin." In his nearly hourlong, rambling video, Shekau repeatedly called for Western education to end.
"Girls, you should go and get married," he said.
The outrageous threat means the girls' parents worst fears could be realized. Parents have been avoiding speaking to the media for fear their daughters may be singled out for reprisals.
"Wherever these girls are, we'll get them out," Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan vowed Sunday.
But weeks after the girls were kidnapped April 14, Africa's largest country seems to be no closer to finding them, triggering complaints of ineptitude -- some of which is expressed on Twitter with the globally trending hashtag #BringBackOurGirls.
On Sunday, about 100 demonstrators gathered outside the Nigerian High Commission in London, chanting, "Bring them back!" and "Not for sale!"
Crowds from Los Angeles to London rallied on Saturday as well.
"Access to education is a basic right & an unconscionable reason to target innocent girls," former U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton wrote Sunday on Twitter. "We must stand up to terrorism. #BringBackOurGirls."
Families had sent their girls to the rural school in Chibok to try to get them a desperately needed education. Though Nigeria has Africa's largest economy, poverty remains widespread: Nearly 62% of the country's nearly 170 million people live in extreme poverty, according to the CIA World Factbook.
According to accounts, armed members of Boko Haram overwhelmed security guards at school last month, pulled the girls out of bed and forced them into trucks. The convoy of trucks then disappeared into the dense forest bordering Cameroon.
On Friday, Nigerian authorities updated the number of girls kidnapped to 276. At least 53 of the girls escaped, leaving 223 in the hands of their captors, police said.
Authorities said the number of missing girls could grow as police fill in spotty school enrollment records.

Watch video here:
http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/05/world/africa/nigeria-abducted-girls/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Back in the days it would take a couple of Singhs to free thousands of such girls. Sadly today we do not have the ucha-sucha jeevan of all those Singh soorme.

It's very encouraging sane majority voices from muslim world are outraged by this:

Here is good comment by muslim brother from CNN..This is how condemnation needs to be done:

I am a Muslim, and against this evil work. This goes against my faith and its teaching. Poko Haram doesn't speak on the behalf of 1.5 billion Muslims, nor they practice real Islam.
Islam encourages learning and education for all members of the society as ignorance is not tolerated at all.
The prophet (Peace upon him)” said whoever has a daughter that teaches and educate her as best as he can, she will be his protector and cover from hell fire on the day of judgement.
The Quran and Hadith (The Prophet quotations) alike spoke against mistreating women, and in his last speech, the Prophet said to his followers “to takecare of their wives and daughters and to treat them with kindness and mercy and to be gentle with them” and he also said that “ Heaven is under the feet of mothers’ meaning the path to heaven go through the mother, you treat her nice and in humility, God will treat u nicer and will reward u kindley.
Girls in the pre-Islamic era, used to be buried alive, until this practice was stopped by Islam. Also, women before Islam were prohibited from inheriting money, until the Allah (God) made it clear in the Quran that sisters, wives and daughters have the right to inherit just like the man does. Islam came to free both men and women alike. Men have duties just like women.It is unfortunate that many women in this world are being mistreated, raped, beaten and sold for prostitution. ( fact: a woman get beaten by her husband or boyfriend every 50 seconds in the US alone).
so women are mistreated everywhere in the world and not just in the Muslim countries and we all have duties to fight this ignorance and dark ages evil people.

It's very encouraging sane majority voices from muslim world are outraged by this:

Here is good comment by muslim brother from CNN..This is how condemnation needs to be done:

WJKK WJKF

Its very good to see Muslims condemning what's happening, however the condemnation of acts like the cold blooded murder of the British soldier Lee Rigby, may his soul rest in peace with waheguru should also be quickly condemned by Muslim councils and Muslim communities. When terrorist attacks occur in the name of Allah and Islam, Muslims are very slow to condemn and make a noise about their condemnation to show the world that not all Muslims have the same interpretation of the Koran. The fact that this is a incident evolving a Muslim man and Muslim children should not mean that Muslims should now show their condemnation on a larger scale internationally, as it being based on an internal issue within Muslims. It should be condemned as a direct assault on someone's human rights. This same peel of condemnation should of been put across on incidents like the murder of Lee Rigby.

Also, in sharia law a women should only get one quarter of a will and a male 3 quarters. So if a man had a son and two daughters, the will would not be devided equally by the 3 siblings. The son would get a half and the two daughters a quarter each! Sharia law isn't as equalitarianism as the Muslim poster divulges, even though his intentions are commendable.

Crazy to think, what happened in our gurus life times in kal jugh, is still occurring in our life times in kal jugh. We need more of our Mahaan shaheed like Dhan Dhan Shaheed Bhai Taru Singh ji to be born and once again, sent by Akal Purakh waheguru!

in sharia law a women should only get one quarter of a will and a male 3 quarters. So if a man had a son and two daughters, the will would not be devided equally by the 3 siblings. The son would get a half and the two daughters a quarter each!

That is shamefully true even in growing economies such as U.A.E. I had to once visit a court over there 2 years ago to have paperwork prepared in order to prove my identity. They needed 2 people as witnesses. My dad was one, and he had to call his friend as another, because a woman was considered "half witness", so my mother couldn't qualify. The friend happened to be a Pakistani, and he softly whispered to me "In our Islam this is how it is, women are worth half of a man".

He must have some psychological problems if he really thinks God would command him to do such an evil act.

Why blame it on psychological problem solely? For decades religion is been used by power hungry criminals which present themselves- malwis or qazi, pandits, fake bhai /sant/gyani/prof etc to camouflage their own shortcoming by hiding behind religion- an idea and commit all sorts of atrocities on weak people and blame it on their fear mongering god/alllah and claim allah said so.

Unbelievable, atheist/agnostic are much better than these ultra right wing religious nut bar parasite scums.

Sorry to break all your bubbles but what the Boko Haraamis are doing is quite legitimate according to Islam. They are fighting a Jihad and as fighters of Jihad they can take women prisoner. The Muslim waxing lyrically about how Mohammed said this and said that also should know that Mohammed himself brought and sold slaves and used slaves captured in battle as sex slaves. So did Ali and there companions of Mohammed. Looks like to me that the Boko Haraami guy is just emulating Mohammed just as Islam says that all Muslims should emulate him as apparently he is considered the perfect example!

Sorry to break all your bubbles but what the Boko <banned word filter activated> are doing is quite legitimate according to Islam. They are fighting a Jihad and as fighters of Jihad they can take women prisoner. The Muslim waxing lyrically about how Mohammed said this and said that also should know that Mohammed himself brought and sold slaves and used slaves captured in battle as sex slaves. So did Ali and there companions of Mohammed. Looks like to me that the Boko <banned word filter activated> guy is just emulating Mohammed just as Islam says that all Muslims should emulate him as apparently he is considered the perfect example!

Nang demonic phoola used religion as excuse to kill people, rape people, killed and chopped kids in fact he kept wearing his bana keep reading bani including ugardanti so by your logic outsider one can equally argue its quite legitimate according to his sikh as one can twistly question where he got all his bir ras?

So its not a smart idea to blame a whole religion for this nut bar, as we got our demonic nut bar terrorist types too - nang phoola, parmar etc, reyat made bomb to which bought down air india as he himself admitted to make a bomb (bomb itself is not compassion is term to terrorise and kill people), bagri on record for threaten to kill 50,000 hindus And hey i always mention this we are only 22 million ( probably 6 million amritdhari sikhs) they are one billion.. amount of hostile elements we have does not seem proportionate (buddhist got extermist and terrorist they had misals and did raj as well, their number seem more proportionate)...its pretty scare thought. Wise ones always look at their own before pointing fingers. Wise one always takes notes, always try to learn from other people mistakes and improve own community