Sikh Guy Dating A White Girl.....

Kaur922

There are 2-3 main problems here with the guy she's describing.

1. This guy wears a Pagg, but shaves his beard-A big no no.

2. He most likely got the conclusion that no Punjabi would date him if he had a turban on, through lots of experiences.

3. This 'Desi' girl continues wanting to get a guy that for who doesn't like her. I'm not a scientist, but there's clearly nothing special going on, find someone else.

So i know that in sikhi we are meant to marry a sikh......

Apparently i am in love with this sikh guy and i saw him with his girlfriend and it has been burning me inside....how do i stop thinking of him....

He wears a pugh but cuts most of his dhari...i myself am very religiou and love being a sikh....

can someone copy and paste the translation from the guru granth sahib ji about sikh marry a sikh?

Thanks

Thank you for your comment....he once kept looking at me as i was tlaking to my manager..and i wasn't as i was really shy..never talked to him.. but i see his facebook... you are right in what you say that he likes to have a good time and not a true sikh...thank you for your rply panjee..means a lot :)

So wat he looked at u. Doesn't mean anything. Stop looking at his facebook, u will get depressed. He drinks lots, he has a girlfriend already. Is this wat u really want as a husband?

Wake up, and think about ur future with the right person, not with somebody u think u can change. And wat if he doesn't like u? Ever thought that? Just co u like him doesn't he likes u. Get out of dream world.

There are 2-3 main problems here with the guy she's describing.

1. This guy wears a Pagg, but shaves his beard-A big no no.

2. He most likely got the conclusion that no Punjabi would date him if he had a turban on, through lots of experiences.

3. This 'Desi' girl continues wanting to get a guy that for who doesn't like her. I'm not a scientist, but there's clearly nothing special going on, find someone else.

1. dealt with she understands ...

2. False premise ...he is going out with a gori , drinking and partying up nobody told him to do that it is his choice he is NOT sikh in outlook THAT'S IT

3. Amazing you are ready with excuses for him but her... this is an inexperienced girl who has not actioned anything but asked for advice from her bigger brothers and Sisters before putting a foot forward , she understands what she should be looking for deep in her soul that's why the questions (GURSIKH) but she just needs a reminder to keep her on the path

Unless she converts his relationships basically not allowed in sikhi thus making him another punjabi atheist. True Sikhs know very well that a sikh can only have relationship / marriage with a fellow adherent.

If the "gori" converts then thats all well and good and he can continue with being with a fellow sikh who just happens to be white woman absolutely nothing wrong with that. But because she is most probably non-sikh he must either encourage her to embrace sikhi or him stop disgracing the faith and leave stop pretending he is a sikh as he is not following the faith but trying to go against the fundamentals with his antics.

In todays world there is much temptation to go off with non-sikhs and experience all kinda things in life, if that is what a so called sikh wants to do they need to first ask themselves 3 important questions

1) would the relationship have a future long term? parents accept it? community accept it?

2) Would almighty Waheguru accept your union? do you have love for your flawless creator stronger than his flawed human creation?

3 Kids your offspring what faith or ideology or lifestyle will they follow? Your partner will most probably want to raise them in non-sikh environment which will lead to clashes or you submitting to their will.

[quote name="superkaur" post="618457"

1) would the relationship have a future long term? parents accept it? community accept it?

2) Would almighty Waheguru accept your union? do you have love for your flawless creator stronger than his flawed human creation?

3 Kids your offspring what faith or ideology or lifestyle will they follow? Your partner will most probably want to raise them in non-sikh environment which will lead to clashes or you submitting to their will.

I'm just going to give answers based on assumptions.

1. It would most likely survive long-term, and the parents would most likely have to accept it: the community doesn't matter because the area they most likely live in has few Sikhs or Punjabis, rather it would be appeasing the white people.

2. Vaheguru would likely accept the union. (What this sounds like to any non-Sikh, "God won't bless your wedding, so go leave, we don't want you.")

3. I made a post on another topic on the fact that Atheism is on the rise. Also kids aren't stupid, they can think for themselves. Are these people stupid for leaving their parents faith? http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_converts_to_Sikhism_from_Christianity

So i know that in sikhi we are meant to marry a sikh......

Apparently i am in love with this sikh guy and i saw him with his girlfriend and it has been burning me inside....how do i stop thinking of him....

He wears a pugh but cuts most of his dhari...i myself am very religiou and love being a sikh....

can someone copy and paste the translation from the guru granth sahib ji about sikh marry a sikh?

Thanks

"copy and paste the translation from the guru granth sahib ji about sikh marry a sikh"

Smh.

No problem...that what sisters are for ...have a happy life

Thank you panjee..have a happy life too :)

You say you are very religious......then you say you love to be sikh...then you say he cuts lots of his dhari.....then you say you are in love with him.....then you say your heart beat gets fast looking at him...then you say he drinks a lot ....but you still like him...wow .....
bibaa g sorry to say its not a love ...its a LUST

Erm..i am vey religious that is true...but i fell in love looks like as my heart achs everytime i see him with his gori girlfriend, i don't know whether that is part of lust?? ...that is why i was wondering what i should do..how to get over it as i see his desk everyday at work and hardly see him.i know lust/liking is wrong in sikhi i feel guilty

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR COMMENTS..

Thank you panjee..have a happy life too :)

Erm..i am vey religious that is true...but i fell in love looks like as my heart achs everytime i see him with his gori girlfriend, i don't know whether that is part of lust?? ...that is why i was wondering what i should do..how to get over it as i see his desk everyday at work and hardly see him.i know lust/liking is wrong in sikhi i feel guilty

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR COMMENTS..

Look it is an infatuation which has no place in your life because you are on a much better path , don't lose your way he should be seen as a test of your commitment to Guru ji . You cannot have both; try to understand, to follow the guy you lose this janam, are you willing to risk going through lakh churasi joon which takes MILLIONS of years to get back to this human birth just for that?