Sikh Panth, Sikh Prisoners, And Bhai Gurbaksh Singh Khalsa

acsap

Again fully in agreement with most of the post, however the same can be said of many previous Shaheeds. They were all more valuable alive.

Looking at the bigger picture all Sikhs in Punjab who stand for truth and basic rights are in fact imprisoned - as they are under constant threat from seat hungry politicians and Jathedars and central sarkar and are being asphyxiated from every angle as you have described.

Respect to Baldev Singh Ji as he is one of the very few prominent Ragis to have taken a stand with Bhai Sahib. Main Jathebandhie mukhies have obviously been silenced or are in bed with Badal.

Very true Inderjit Singh Ji. However, taking the example of Shaheed Bhai Beant Singh Ji and Shaheed Bhai Satwant Singh Ji, I believe they achieved more in their shaheedi for Justice than they could have achieved alive (if you sense where I'm coming from on that Paji). And also there is a crucial distinction between shaheedi in physical combat or in active action on behalf of Sarbat Da Bhalla as opposed to the satyagrahi method which Bhai Gurbaksh Singh Khalsa Ji have chosen (for the right reasons ... related to non-violent struggle against a vastly more weaponised and resourced regime responsible for what Justice Khalra and others catalogued). But we as a Panth simply cannot afford to lose a Gursikh with a heart as crystal clean as Bhai Sahib. We need them on the front lines for the decades long fight ahead to reverse the damage done to our Qaum since the 1980's by Indira Gandhi and her political cronies. The fact that Rajnath Singh (BJP) has recently conceded November 1984 was Genocide and the AAP have always supported Bhai Sahib should really mean that Guru Panth must decide as soon as possible if we are willing for Bhai Gurbaksh Singh Khalsa Ji to become shaheed when we need them for the greater fight ahead (ie a fight that affects millions of innocent lives unjustly affected by the ongoing Genocide against our Qaum).

Hopefully the Panth's Ardas for their Chardi Kala has an effect on what happens in the next few crucial days as all Sangat can see Bhai Gurbaksh Singh Khalsa Ji's shining commitment to Sarbat Da Bhalla and support them.

Dec 31st we need massive Sangat there in support by any means necassary. As far as I am aware Bhai Ranjit Singh Dhadrianwale, Bhai Panthpreet Singh Khalsa and Sarbjit Singh Dhunda have all constantly opposed the Congress and Badal promises of 2013 and 2014 in relation to Bhai Sahib's bhukh hadtal. But what I don't understand is that if even those like myself (who do not fundamentally believe in fasts to death in order to attempt justice from corrupt politicians) are vocal in support of Bhai Sahib's objectives as they are saanjhe to the whole Panth but there are others that stand silent in relation to righteous objectives regarding innocent political prisoners (who should never have even served their given sentences let alone exceed them) not being freed is very telling and Sangat won't forget where Taksal and the Giani Thakur Singh MahaPursh BrahmGiani Sant Samaj Faqr-e-Qaum types were at this time.

Depressing as Bhai Sahib's health situation is, so long as we all fight Unitedly in Chardi Kala against the injustices that plague our Qaum from political prisoners, to drugs, to illiteracy, to poverty, to ill health, to female infanticide, to biraderi apartheid ... ik na ik din ... Panth ki Jeet hovegi ... no power on Earth can enslave us if we realise that our minds are free and that our destiny is in our hands via the actions we take to uplift our Panth from its current predicament and for Sarbat Da Bhalla on a wider scale thereafter. I do agree with Bhai Sahib that 2015 is not the time for an armed response given our Panth's circumstances in relation to drugs, biraderi, illiteracy, female infanticide etc (and given the blatant USA, UK, Russian + Chinese collaboration with Delhi for trade).

VJKK VJKF

DTF Ji,

I cannot recall a time when politicians in India have not been corrupt.

= Absolutely Khalsa Ji and therein lies the problem. I fundamentally cannot see a satyagrahi tactic such as hunger strike to death having effect on corrupt politicians. I think it is Sangat ekta and active action to uplift the Panth that is the key. If millions of Sikhs unitedly support the release of innocent political prisoners via legal funding, mass protests, lobbying of elected officials only then we can get somewhere. We should not need Bhai Sahib to make this qurbani on our behalf. And if we let Bhai Sahib become shaheed via our individual inaction we will be complicit alongside the politicians.

Almost since the very beginning, Sikhs have been a target of corrupt and oppressive regimes hell bent on bringing Sikhs in line through conversions, wars, terrorising and torture and in the main only shaheedian have got us to where we are now.

= Absolutely Inderjit Singh Paji but like I said there is a distinction in martyrdoms gained via active physical resistance or active service on behalf of the Panth or others. Bhukh hadtal was never used as a method in puratan times and I support the Akal Takht that we should not oppose injustice via this method which is injurious to the Gursikhs health (and risk losing the said Gursikh from the decades long fight ahead whilst the politicians toast each other with whisky and champagne upon such a martyrdom).

Gurbaksh Singh Ji has performed his Ardas and will no doubt fulfil his promise to Guru Ji. Yes we need them alive, but like I said previously what else can a nimana Gursikh do. He explored all options and found this to be the most suitable, we can stand with them or without in this sangarsh.

= Khalsa Ji i believe that after January 1st 2015 if the prisoners are not released by the dogs that can authorise their release and Bhai Sahib's health is medically observed to deteriorate Panj Piare must step in and ensure that Bhai Sahib live to fight a leading role in the long fight ahead involving millions of members of the Panth affected by injustice, illiteracy, poverty, drugs, cancer, biraderi apartheid etc. Regardless of if we do or don't support the bhukh hadtal method utilised by Bhai Sahib to try obtain justice for those innocents still imprisoned, 100% of the Sangat have to stand shoulder to shoulder in solidarity with Bhai Sahib's objectives. There is simply no excuse for a single Sikh to not actively support Bhai Sahib's objectives in non-violently fighting for the freedom of innocent political prisoners. But seeing Bhai Sahib on video almost 7 weeks on is painful and I just cannot stand to contemplate their potential shaheedi. If Gursikhs attain shaheedi through sheltering the innocent from enemy gunfire or serving humanity through stopping the spread of Ebola or through stopping the evil distribution of drugs or through stopping female infanticide or the division of Gurughars along biraderi lines or fighting to address poverty, illiteracy and exploitation in Punjab and worldwide these are things my conscience can handle. Bhai Sahib becoming shaheed as a deliberate consequence of politicians wishing Bhai Gurbaksh Singh Khalsa Ji's demise is more than I can personally tolerate.

= Sirf saare Panth di saanjhi Ardas naal assi umeedh rakh sakde ah ke Akaal Purakh mehr karan ...