Christmas Trees In Houses Of Sikhs

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

WJKK WJKF It's funny how people will justify themselves celebrating Christmas with so many endless reasons. Fact of the matter is whether or not the tree is pagan or a Christian symbol, if you live i

Last year we had a very robust discussion here about the hollowness of some Sikhs who put Christmas trees in their houses. Lot of us learnt from that discussion and agreed to stop following this

Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji celebrated Vaisakhi, but in a Gurmat way of blessing Sikhs with 5 Kakkars and Punj Pyare. The Sixth Guru took Diwali and celebrated it in a Gurmat way of going to the Gurdw

Posted Images

Nice to see the seasonal debate back in full swing. For our household we do not do xmas tree or presents. This is not how it used to be and the turning point for us was when we became parents and questioned what our actions would have on the future of Sikhi.

good on ya >>>kiddo>>>>

at least ya thought about it and gave it some dhyaan>

my turning point came when we started rehat and my missus said that there aint no turkey allowed>>>> :stupidme: :wow:

I thought>>>well wots the point with all the rest then>> :excited:

good on ya >>>kiddo>>>>

at least ya thought about it and gave it some dhyaan>

my turning point came when we started rehat and my missus said that there aint no turkey allowed>>>> :stupidme: :wow:

I thought>>>well wots the point with all the rest then>> :excited:

Great to know that you started rehat but did someone not tell you that after following rehat you are not justajatt anymore but a real man now.

Last year we had a very robust discussion here about the hollowness of some Sikhs who put Christmas trees in their houses.

Lot of us learnt from that discussion and agreed to stop following this mindless ritual at their houses.

I hope this trend is followed by more and more Sikhs all over the world.

Like Johny explained clearly,

"It is not befitting of a Sikh of the Guru to put up a Christmas tree in his/her house. Firstly we are not Christians that we need to celebrate this holyday of Yasoo Masee. Secondly if your excuse is that you are celebrating it because it is a European pagan holyday, then please do your self a favour and look at yourself in the mirror and see for yourself, YOU ARE NOT A GORA! so stop trying to act like a coconut because that's exactly what you are if you celebrate by putting up a Christmas tree.

A Sikh should be very careful living in the west. If you celebrate these non Sikh holydays with your family what kind of sanskaars are you giving to your children? you are basically confusing your children who will grow up thinking it is perfectly okay to celebrate Christmas and by extention Hanakah and even Eid! then we wonder where we went wrong when our confused girls grow up marrying Muslims and Christians.

Buying your children stuff during this time of the year one should give it to them like it is any other time of the year. Don't make it look like something special by gift wrapping it like you are giving it to them because it's. Don't confuse your children by making them think Christmas is a special day."

Last year we had a very robust discussion here about the hollowness of some Sikhs who put Christmas trees in their houses.

Lot of us learnt from that discussion and agreed to stop following this mindless ritual at their houses.

I hope this trend is followed by more and more Sikhs all over the world.

Like Johny explained clearly,

"It is not befitting of a Sikh of the Guru to put up a Christmas tree in his/her house. Firstly we are not Christians that we need to celebrate this holyday of Yasoo Masee. Secondly if your excuse is that you are celebrating it because it is a European pagan holyday, then please do your self a favour and look at yourself in the mirror and see for yourself, YOU ARE NOT A GORA! so stop trying to act like a coconut because that's exactly what you are if you celebrate by putting up a Christmas tree.

A Sikh should be very careful living in the west. If you celebrate these non Sikh holydays with your family what kind of sanskaars are you giving to your children? you are basically confusing your children who will grow up thinking it is perfectly okay to celebrate Christmas and by extention Hanakah and even Eid! then we wonder where we went wrong when our confused girls grow up marrying Muslims and Christians.

Buying your children stuff during this time of the year one should give it to them like it is any other time of the year. Don't make it look like something special by gift wrapping it like you are giving it to them because it's. Don't confuse your children by making them think Christmas is a special day."

If you'd done your research the tree has no affiliation with Christianity whatsoever. Over the years it's been associated with Christmas but it's more to do with nature from the pagan days.

The laziness of Granthis and Gianis have made Sikhs refer to Sikh Festivals as Diwali, Holi etc etc. It's only now that Bandhi Chor Divas has been used, Hola Maholla. Ignorance is thus created.

• Like 1

Tera Kiya Meetha laage, so this is how you twist meaning of Bani in order to celebrate and party when the Sahibzaade became Shaheeds? history is witness how when the Sahibzaade became Shaheeds, the entire Sikh Panth was sad(not happy like you). They then took a terrible revenge against Wazir Khan and the city of Sirhind. And yes Shia Muslims are better than those Sikhs who have forgotten the Shaheedi of the Sahibzaade and celebrate and live merrily and cheerfully when one of the worst things happened in Sikh history.

If you want to celebrate this time of the year, then go to the Gurdwara, do more Paath, Simran in remembrance of Guru Gobind Singh Jee whose matchless sons became Shaheeds. The Chhote Sahibzaade were even tortured before being bricked alive. How can you feel happy during Christmas knowing that? Thori Ji Sharam karo

You want Sikhs to do Ashura? self flagellation in memory of Shaheed Sahibs?? lol. Chardi Kala is said for a reason, commemorate but do not mourn is the message of the Guru Sahib Ji.

You want Sikhs to do Ashura? self flagellation in memory of Shaheed Sahibs?? lol. Chardi Kala is said for a reason, commemorate but do not mourn is the message of the Guru Sahib Ji.

Did I say Sikhs should do Ashura? Did I say Sikhs should do self flagellation? did you even read my post properly before replying? I said Sikhs should spend those says by doing more Paath and Simran in remembrance of Guru Sahib whose sons had given the ultimate sacrifice instead of cheerfully celebrating Christmas which is not even a Sikh holiday

Great to know that you started rehat but did someone not tell you that after following rehat you are not justajatt anymore but a real man now.

callin meself jatt is my own problem and my weakness>>>>

At least i'm man enuff to admit my problem>>..my other weakness is krodh>>but i try>i try>>>and im tryin>>>

depends brother if you naam di kheti or not :happy2:

I know>>>

I do jap as much as possible after learnin some techniques from older sikhs>>>>>>problem is that if I miss simran naam jap for just 1 day>>then the angry jatt krodh just kicks in without notice>>>>>>i'm tryin>>and tryin>>and tryin>>>

waheguru>>

I know>>>

I do jap as much as possible after learnin some techniques from older sikhs>>>>>>problem is that if I miss simran naam jap for just 1 day>>then the angry jatt krodh just kicks in without notice>>>>>>i'm tryin>>and tryin>>and tryin>>>

waheguru>>

Krodh is the master chor it drags you down so quick ...keep going Veer ji it can be conquered ...

By decorating you home with trees or whatever, is only confusion for a young mind living in a multicultural society.

Young people are cleverer and stronger than you give them credit for, and certainly cleverer than you.

It would take an extremely weak and feeble mind to get confused over a tree. It would take an extremely weak and feeble mind to start questioning one's own faith because a card with a fat jolly geezer wearing a red suit sits on the fireplace. Frankly it's an insult to young Sikhs everywhere that you would even think they are so weak in the head.

They are young. They want to and need to have fun, and apart from you and a few others here nobody else in western Europe even thinks about associating Jesus and Christianity with any of this Santa business.

I would have thought young Sikhs all over the western world are probably laughing their heads off when they read some of the comments from the 'older' Sikhs here in the name of protecting the young 'uns.

• Like 2