Hindus Wearing The Kara

Guest Sanatani

Actually Kira ji, Om is similar to Onkar because the real word of Om is Omkar, and adding 'Ik' as in "One" signifies the "Oneness" of ParBrahman. Om represents the word God just so you know, so when saying Ik Onkar it means all is one and there's only 1.

Actually ik= 1 god, oaan= the sound made wen the world/universe was made, akaar= creation. So that 1 god with that 'oaan' sound created the universe, well multiverse for us.

Actually ik= 1 god, oaan= the sound made wen the world/universe was made, akaar= creation. So that 1 god with that 'oaan' sound created the universe, well multiverse for us.

Another interesting thing i heard was how many GurSikhs found multiple meanings to that ikonkaar. They all correlated to the same thing, i.e 1 god but I deeply believe that we over simplify this one crucial phrase in Gurmat.

The Vedas were deemed useless by the Sikh Gurus. As I just pointed out by the quote from Guru Gobind Singh Ji.

Gurbani says this about the vedas.

In the Vedas, the ultimate objective is the Naam, the Name of the Lord; but they do not hear this, and they wander around like demons. Ang 919

So how are the vedas useless?

Edit: This one poster Sanatani is taking all of you for a ride. He's got all of you tightly wound around his finger.....mega LOL....control your anger people. This critically shows the state of Sikhs. Even the one's that consider themselves to be learning/learned in Sikhi can't answer simple questions posed by a illiterate Hindu. First it was poster BalbirSingh who took poster harsharan for a ride, which got poster harsharan spitting venom from every direction and he still couldn't accomplish the goal. Other posters came to his rescue and provided him with a cold glass of water to calm his nerves. Here take a look and learn from harsharan mistakes:

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/74177-mahima-of-wahiguru-his-nam-his-gurmukhs/?fromsearch=1

Useless was too rash of a response from me, I do apologise for that. They are imperfect and to to a Sikh useless in comparison to Gurbani as why should one settle for snip it's of the truth rather than the full picture.

Guest Sanatani

Star Striker, an army against what, again?

An army against Hindus? Not really, he did fight against the Hill Rajas who were collaborating with the Mughals but Hindu empires like the Marathas were also fighting against the Hill Rajas and other Mughal-loving Hindu traitors.

An army against Christians? Nah, they didn't do anything?

An army against Jews? Nah, they didn't do anything?

An army against what?

What could've the army been against that managed to get so many Hindu families to raise their elder child as a Sikh to join the army?

Surely they wouldn't have donated their own child to the army to merely "destroy evil", or is "destroyer of evil" a veil to cover what the army was really against?

What could've the army been created for which managed to get so many Hindu teenagers and adults to join it?

Lol, it's pretty obvious.

The army was fighting against one group to protect one group and the country.

The Bachittar Natak also says that most of the Gurus were descended from King Rama of Ayodhya's two sons, Lava and Kush, by the way.

Also, if you know that Guruji created an army to protect the nation by "destroying all evils" ('f'you know what I mean), then why do some of you so constantly want Khalistan? Isn't that going against what the Gurus lived and died for?

Also, I never called Sikhism a thief from Hinduism, I said "Hindu-hating Sikhs" are thieves, the other Sikhs who don't hate Hindus aren't thieves since they don't hate the religion they got most of their concepts from.

Guest Sanatani

KhoonKaBadlaKhoon, um, I created this thread 8 months ago, a lot has happened regarding my pro-Sikh stance since then.

How am I in any way a Rajput?

Also, to the others, how did my thread in any way spread hate?

I came on this site with the purpose of informing Sikhs that a lot of Hindus visit the gurdwara and wear the kara, because some Sikhs were saying that Hindus are wearing the "kara" to show off.

Clearly I wasn't the one who spread hate, I didn't mention anything to do with Punjabi Hindu-Sikh relations, 1984 or Khalistan, your fellow brothers randomly dragged it in because they can't handle the fact that Hindus are normal people.

Ask StarStriker what he wrote.

Wow, that was such a nice way to welcome someone. Thank you.

Guest Sanatani

Akalifauj, that's what I was saying.

The Vedas holds the most authority in Sanatana Dharma, but most medieval Hindus couldn't read the Vedas so they followed traditions which were not in the Vedas, which is what the Gurus wanted to stop.

Therefore, the Vedas is true, it's only the people who weren't following it that were like demons.

And also, I'm from the UK, I'm not Rajput or from Ontario <banned word filter activated>?

You're calling me illiterate because they can't prove most of my statements wrong?*edited*

There are many words which correlate to other names that don't sound the same, like how they call Vishnu 'Bishan', but it is obvious that it is the same thing.. So pronounciation doesn't play such a big way in like some of the words. Even Narasimha is called Narsingh in our religion, but it has the same meaning. I don't see anything that I said in my post as AntiSikh lol, it makes sense to me in what I was mainly trying to say, the difference is we believe in oneness as a main point in our religion. We don't believe in duality, thus 'Ik Onkar'.

Yes it really does. If you want to mispronounce the first sentence of Gurbani then go for it. Allah and Ram mean the same thing, but their different words entirely. The same applies for IkOnakar and Oum. IkOnakar didn't come from Oum. It was actually a completely unique creation for it's time.

Mhmm he is calling the vedas useless while in another topic he was saying that no Sikh phat is worth more or is more powerful than any other religious phaats. So by inferiorizing the vedas she is doing what he said he doesn't believe in lol...

i know you lack basic reading comprehension. I know this is a big thing for you so let help you make it crystal clear :) I believe Gurbani is perfect but I also believe anyone who will sit down and lovingly address God and try to reach god will reach god. Regardless of what Scripture they read. God is about love and devotion. I already apologized for my "useless comment" however if all that is beyond you then be my guest. Maybe it's time you took a dip in your Ganga Devi again. My words may have caused you to sin by mistake.

First he started off real loving and pro-sikh, but when he got angry he showed his true colours. Typical.

Not sure if that was directed at me.