Sign in to follow this  
SinghStation

Mars One Mission: First Sikh Shortlisted For One-Way Trip To Red Planet

http://singhstation.net/2015/02/mars-one-mission-first-sikh-shortlisted-one-way-trip-red-planet/

Taranjeet Singh Bhatia is the first Sikh name put forward to become the first humans to step foot on the Red Planet.

More than 200,000 people applied for the controversial privately-funded mission that organisers have estimated will cost six billion dollars and is set to be filmed for a reality television series.

The Mars 100 Round Three candidates include 50 men and 50 women with 39 from the Americas, 31 from Europe, 16 from Asia, 7 from Africa, and 7 from Oceania.

Taranjeet Singh Bhatia, 29, a PhD student in Computer Science at the University of Central Florida, is among the three Indian hopefuls, who will move on to the next round of an ambitious private mission that aims to send four people on a one-way trip to Mars in 2024.

Taranjeet said, "All my life I always wanted to be involved in space missions. As a child, I spent hundreds of nights, gazing at the sky and always wanted aliens to abduct and take me into space."

The other two Indian candidates are Ritika Singh, 29, who lives in Dubai, and Shradha Prasad, 19, from Kerala.

http://bit.ly/taranjeet-singh-mars-one-mission

• Like 2

Best of luck to him. Hope they find intelligent life out there! :)

fat chance. We haven't found any intelligent life here :) !
  • Like 4

Taranjeet said, "All my life I always wanted to be involved in space missions. As a child, I spent hundreds of nights, gazing at the sky and always wanted aliens to abduct and take me into space."

This is pretty disturbing. Why not live on here just merge with the One instead of sending yourself to death?

• Like 1

This is pretty disturbing. Why not live on here just merge with the One instead of sending yourself to death?

This

Nothing disturbing about this. He shouldn't need to mention his relationship with Guru Sahib just to convince other Sikhs that he is fully devoted. His relationship with Guru Sahib could be stronger than most users here and you are judging him before you even know him. Even if he is fascinated with Vaheguru’s creation, doesn’t mean he can’t hold any desire and love for Vaheguru. This is good for Sikhs and I too wish him the best of luck. :)

• Like 2

Nothing disturbing about this. He shouldn't need to mention his relationship with Guru Sahib just to convince other Sikhs that he is fully devoted. His relationship with Guru Sahib could be stronger than most users here and you are judging him before you even know him. Even if he is fascinated with Vaheguru’s creation, doesn’t mean he can’t hold any desire and love for Vaheguru. This is good for Sikhs and I too wish him the best of luck. :)

If he is fascinated with Vaheguru's creation, he could just do naam simran and get closer to Vaheguru but hey it he wants to go on a suicide mission why not?! LOLZ

• Like 1