Intercaste Marriage - Jat Sikh Girl Vs Ramgharia Boy

Sbhullar

This thread is showing itself to be a living, walking, talking example of why both Hindus and Muslims stereotype us as a very simple and not too smart people.

Its been made crystal clear by some of us that "if" and only if the boy is a "Sikh", she must go ahead and marry him even if it goes against her parents wishes, for caste has no place in Sikhi.

If however, the boy and his family is a believer in a 12th Guru, a Guru elevated to the status of most important and yet still calls himself a 'Sikh', and the odds say this is a very likely scenario given the boy's background, then No, the girl's parents are absolutely correct in showing their disaproval. A Sikh must only marry a Sikh. Its a very simple point. I can't understand why some of you here are advocating getting Sikh girls married to people that willy nilly add further Gurus into Sikhism. Do you hate yourselves and your religion so much that you're trying to destroy it ?

This thread is showing itself to be a living, walking, talking example of why both Hindus and Muslims stereotype us as a very simple and not too smart people.

Its been made crystal clear by some of us that "if" and only if the boy is a "Sikh", she must go ahead and marry him even if it goes against her parents wishes, for caste has no place in Sikhi.

If however, the boy and his family is a believer in a 12th Guru, a Guru elevated to the status of most important and yet still calls himself a 'Sikh', and the odds say this is a very likely scenario given the boy's background, then No, the girl's parents are absolutely correct in showing their disaproval. A Sikh must only marry a Sikh. Its a very simple point. I can't understand why some of you here are advocating getting Sikh girls married to people that willy nilly add further Gurus into Sikhism. Do you hate yourselves and your religion so much that you're trying to destroy it ?

Where did the 12th Guru come in this thread genius?

Caste is a reality, it is not figment of one's imagination. Guru Sahib rules out all caste system out of the dharmic traditions but samajik or social caste traditions did remain and Guru Ji seems to have respected those caste traditions in regular life too. For example, it was a a very popular thing that kings of the time used to have Brahmin Rasoiass and Guru Sahib rasoia was also Gangu Brahmin not a Majhabi or someone like that, it was particularly a Brahmin.. Same way all Guru Sahib respected the caste system at the time of their marriage. They married into Khatri jaat. There is nothing wrong in it. These are traditions. Guru Ji has said clearly in Bani "manas ki jaar sabhae ekae pehchaanvo" but for social mixing, marriages etc. we should marry in our own jaat/caste/biradari.

Why do u have Singh in your name when u are so obviously a Hindu with your lies against our Guru Sahib.

U support the Hindu caste system so bad so why not just call yourself tariPatel?

^ Daily Mail bro i think u are confusing the title of this thread and mentioned by the OP.

Ramgarhia don't have a 12th Guru or do they? But I hear u on that fake Hindu Vishwakarma nonsense!

Jagsaw and tari support the Hindu caste system as there folks told them they could only marry a Jatti as there wife.

What a joke of a comment showing your narrow minded casteist mindset.

I am not casteist mate. I am just trying to say that parents look for good life for their kids and have walked the talk before they talk. In the case of this girl, they are only trying to protect her from the hardships may face due to a situation that be avoided now.

Some of the comments by these so called sikhs are disgusting. The girl has done nothing wrong.She told her parents and rather than be happy for her and accept the situation, they are trying to destroy her life. Ask yourself if she does not follow her heart. Her family will ask her to keep this a secret. She gets married to a nice jatt boy, whose expectations of arranged marriage are his wife did not date. The girls secret will come out eventually! Then yet another divorce or better still a loveless and miserable marriage full of hate and regret. And if you decide to have children all there going to experience is two un-happy parents. They will obviously appreciate their religion and heritage, NOT! Ask yourself who is looking out for you, your parents are just thinking of themselves very selfishly. If the boy was muslim i would have a different take on the situation............just can't do it! We ask ourselves if sikhi is dying and the answer is obvious with some of the posts I've read today. We divide ourselves and then outsiders use our weakness against us to divide us even further.....why do we attack each other if there deemed a lower cast. In the western society i can't help but think we are reviving the caste system and encouraging it. BUT this time too slightly different rules, a Doctor can only marry a Doctor, a Businessman can only marry a Businesswoman, i hope you get the drift. Marriage is built on trust and respect............those two things will lead to love and everything there after will fall into place. People please wake up. If you decide not to marry your boyfriend please be honest to anyone your parents introduce you to, otherwise it will end in disaster.

Please don't make it a caste issue. The concern is to make sure that girl doesn't have hardships in life later on. Girls boys fall into relationships and it is an old phenomenon but parents who have already been through that stage of life know better.

I am sure it is natural concern. Our Guru Sahibs maintained these traditions of marrying within the case. It is nothing wrong they did. It is just natural that you want to find a life partner who can identity with the same environment you live in.

Please don't divert it to reflect it as caste discrimination. I go o Gurughar and sit and eat along with low caste and patit sikhs (mona sikhs) or anybody else. That is my dharmic tradition where Guruji has left no scope for caste system.

Bhul chuk muaf

WJKK WJKF

JSinghnz,

The Ravidaasia community have elevated Bhagat Ravidass Ji to the status of Guru Ravidass Ji. In otherwords, with the inclusion of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, there would be 12 guru's in total. This is incompatible with Sikhi.

This is completely incompatible with Sikhi and should not be allowed. It has already happened and happening more. I don't have concern if these people call Ravidass Bhagat as Guru or Satguru or anything else but not in the presence of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. When Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji's parkash is in the Gurughar, how can anyone else be addressed as Guru. Our jathebandis should ask Ravdass people to follow their own book if they want to have their own Gurus.

Singhs should make judgement if parkash of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is allowed in those places where in presence of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, someone else is addressed as Guru.

I have full respect for Bhagat Ravdass Ji's bani but he is not our Guru. Either we listen to Sahib Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji's aadesh/order or start making or allow others making their own Gruus in presence of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

Guru Sahib has clearly stated "Bani Bhagat Ravidass Ji ki"