Multimillionaire Food Tycoon's Son Who Left Toddler Brain Damaged

Jeevan

Wat about the dumb names comin out of panjab in the past 15yrs or so? Like 'lovepreet, sweety, happy, gippy, lucky' etc. I thort initially some of these names were jus nicknames/or jus shortened name (lakhbir=lucky). But it turns out, some of these names have been given genuinely to kids.

Tbh tho, u mention emraan as a silly name to give a sikh, n i agree, but sikhs do have a few names which we share with muslims n r of muslim decent. Iqbal, alamghir, shabaz, shahzad, shahid etc.

As much as i dispise sikhs givin their kids gorah/biblical names like david, paul, joshua, steven etc. I aint gona lie, wen i was younger, i thought that wen i have kids, i will name atleast 1 of my kids diego, afta maradona, coz of the man himself n its sumink diffrnt n a nice name. But i suppose to carry on our nasal along sikh lines, we shud aim to give r kids at the very least sub-continent names, if not sikh names.

Sorry, completely disagree, i know plenty of families who have bought up "good Sikh kids" and their kids go off the rails or get up to no good, to say that any parent with no time for Sikhi is responsible for this kind of behaviour in a child is ridiculous, who's responsible when you bring up your child within Sikhi and your kid goes off on one, giving your kid a good Sikh name doesn't mean jack, what matters is that you teach your kid right from wrong, that has nothing to do with any religion, it's just something you do as a parent.

You can disagree but that does not change the facts. Just focus on the case in hand. From which side does the father or the son look like a Sikh. If the father has no respect for the basic tenets of Sikhi how can you expect the son to do so. A Sikh would never give such stupid name to his son. Period.

one reason why having a sikh name is so important is that way we can tell right away if a person is punjabi and can find common ground. For example lets say you are new in college and don't know anyone if the person you find named Jagdeep for example, you will feel more comfortable approaching him starting convo ect this is just one reason that is good for living in a western society.

You can disagree but that does not change the facts. Just focus on the case in hand. From which side does the father or the son look like a Sikh. If the father has no respect for the basic tenets of Sikhi how can you expect the son to do so. A Sikh would never give such stupid name to his son. Period.

My point is I don't think giving this clown a good Punjabi or Sikh name would have changed what he did, giving him a good Sikh upbringing doesn't necessarily mean he will do no wrong but i will agree that the influx of westernised names is our community is plain embarrassing, i know a Punjabi boy called Ryan, his dad said he named him that because he thought he would be accepted more in British society, say's it all really.

Seems a big trend in naming children with non Sikh names. Seems to be the majority, very few go to the Gurdwara to get the initial letter of the name. It almost seems like a permanent break from your religion by using non Sikh names.

While the name thing is completely off topic, the one thing i've noticed is that it seems more prevalent in Punjabi's who have come to the UK from India in the last 5-10 years either for work or through marriage, they give their children western name's with the hope that they will fit into British society, while i'm not saying all are like that, i'm just speaking from my experiences, it's a shame really, out mother tongue, our maa boli is a beautiful thing yet those who grew up around it seem embarrassed by it.

Tbh tho, u mention emraan as a silly name to give a sikh, n i agree, but sikhs do have a few names which we share with muslims n r of muslim decent. Iqbal, alamghir, shabaz, shahzad, shahid etc.

There's a slight difference between those you've mentioned and the kind being given to Sikh kids recently. It's a very subtle difference, but one worth noting: the ever-so careful Anglicising with a twist of Punjabifying (lol) which leaves enough wiggle room to counter any criticism.

For example, take a standard name such as Arjun Singh (or Arjan). Sounds decent, easily pronounced, no problem. Yet it's not enough. The "modern remix" of this name would be Aryaan or Ariaan (to emphasise the 'Ryan' part and pronunciation of the name). I mean, what is that meant to be? It's neither one or the other.

I miss the old names like Manmohan, Jagir, Gurbachchan, etc. These names have all but died out. It's a shame. I'm not joking, hehe, they were cool names. English people haven't jettisoned the likes of Jack, Tom, William, etc, and we all know how much Muslims love naming their kids Mohammed, so it seems it's our lot who jump the gun. Let's be honest, naming your kid some dodgy name isn't gonna propel him or her to unimaginable heights of success; if what he inherits genetically from his mum and dad is a propensity towards dimness then he or she will most likely be resuming that trend too, lol. But they never listen ;)

ਮੂੰਹ ਤੇ ਕਾਲਖ ਕਿਊ ਮਲੀ ਜਾਂਦੀ ਹੈ?ਚੇਹਰੇ ਦਾਗੀ ਕਿਊ ਹੋ ਜਾਂਦੇ ਹਨ?ਲੋਕਾਂ ਚ ਭੰਡੀ ਕਿਊ ਹੁੰਦੀ ਹੈ?ਸਿੱਖ ਜਗਤ ਸਾਹਮਣੇ ਸ਼ਰਮਿੰਦਾ ਕਿਊ ਹੋਣਾ ਪੈਂਦਾ ਹੈ?ਬੇਚੈਨੀ ਪਰੇਸ਼ਾਨ ਕਿਊ ਕਰਦੀ ਹੈ?ਜੀਵਨ ਫਟਕਾਰਿਆ ਕਿਊ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ?ਲੋਕ ਮੂੰਹ ਕਿਊ ਨਹੀਂ ਲਾਂਉਦੇ?ਦੋਲਤ ਨਾਲ ਭੀ ਇੱਜਤ ਕਿਊ ਵਾਪਸ ਨਹੀਂ ਮਿਲ ਸਕਦੀ?---ਧਰਮ,ਧਾਰਮਿਕ ਗ੍ਰੰਥਾਂ,ਸਿੱਖ ਜਗਤ ਨਾਲ ਛੇੜਖਾਨੀ ਜੇਹੜਾ ਭੀ ਕਰਦਾ ਹੈ ਉਸ ਦਾ ਏਹ ਸਭ ਬੁਲਾਵਾਂ ਪਿੱਛਾਂ ਨਹੀਂ ਛੱਡਦੀਆਂ ਜੀ-ਉਪਰ ਝਾਤੀ ਮਾਰੋ!!