Ethnic And Religious Cleansing Of

JRoudh

The most 'Sikhs' who convert out are monas anyways. As if they really did anything dharmic anyways when they were shamal in Sikhi lol. They usually convert out if whatever religion bribes them with something, as if they'd take the new religion they converted out seriously too... lol.

Honestly, I think you're all as crazy as each other. One dillusional man starts a thread about something that he just made up in his head and, through the power of suggestion, his crazy dillusional thoughts get transplanted into the next gullible man's head.

Seriously, many of you have got to be the most pessimistic, negative, glass half empty people that have ever lived. I mean you're living in a time and country where Sikhi, keeping kes and becoming amritdhari is at its highest than its ever been before....a real Sikhi rennaisance, and yet you're so naturally depressive your eyes can't see it.

In the way the closet atheist Punjabis are also the fault of their parents and our Gurdwara committees. The first teacher of any human being are parents. Almost all Punjabi Sikh parents are only interested in the worldly success of their children. They are not interested in imparting Sikhi or even the Punjabi language to their children as dutiful Sikh parents should be doing. Sure their children might gain worldly success, but they have lost their culture and religion. Many times such children are made to adopt the western culture mixed with the Bhangra culture which in reality is kunjar culture. The result is, those children grow up with out any sense of Sharam o Haya and put khay on the heads of their parents when they go out drinking and sleeping around with abdul or omar

Likewise the Gurdwara committees who have untold amounts of money in their bank accounts do not use it as they should be doing. A Gurdwara is not just a building where rituals happen. It should be a place where spiritual seekers should go to get knowledge on matters of dharam and deep spirituality.

realest post I've seen in a while.

LOL what can we do? What part bothered you about my post?

Everything.

When a dillusional man starts a thread with the premise that "in the UK so many Sikhs are leaving Sikhi" the messages that follow should not be messages containing support for what that man just made up in his head. Every message on this thread should be reminding him that he is wrong.....That in fact, the opposite of what he said is true in the UK, i.e. :

• More 'hair-cut' Sikhs now deciding to keep their hair
  • More Sikh children with kes and patkas than we have ever had before in the last 50 years
  • More of those Sikh children getting their fathers to stop their 'pub' ways and getting into Sikhi.
  • More and more 2nd generation British born fathers with their hair cut ensuring their sons don't make the same mistake they did and have kes
  • More Amritdharis than we have ever had before in the last 50 years.

I am simply at a loss to understand how and why any Sikh in the UK could still be negative when we have such a Sikhi rennaissance going on.

This is the best we've ever had it and if we're still complaining now even though we have it so good you can understand why our international reputation is as negative cry-babies. We can see why the Australians call us 'whinging poms' and north Americans see us as dour pessimists..

Everything.

When a dillusional man starts a thread with the premise that "in the UK so many Sikhs are leaving Sikhi" the messages that follow should not be messages containing support for what that man just made up in his head. Every message on this thread should be reminding him that he is wrong.....That in fact, the opposite of what he said is true in the UK, i.e. :

• More 'hair-cut' Sikhs now deciding to keep their hair
  • More Sikh children with kes and patkas than we have ever had before in the last 50 years
  • More of those Sikh children getting their fathers to stop their 'pub' ways and getting into Sikhi.
  • More and more 2nd generation British born fathers with their hair cut ensuring their sons don't make the same mistake they did and have kes
  • More Amritdharis than we have ever had before in the last 50 years.
I am simply at a loss to understand how and why any Sikh in the UK could still be negative when we have such a Sikhi rennaissance going on.

This is the best we've ever had it and if we're still complaining now even though we have it so good you can understand why our international reputation is as negative cry-babies. We can see why the Australians call us 'whinging poms' and north Americans see us as dour pessimists..

Here here Jagsaw. +1

The UK is known in all the world Sikh diaspora as the stronghold of Sikhism. Where there are far more patka wearing children than there have ever been before. Where there are far more Amritdharis than there have ever been before. The one place on earth where the worldwide trend for cutting kes is actually happening in reverse as more and more 'haircut' Sikhs have started growing their hair.

Does anyone have any theories as to why this might be?

Why the UK, what is so special about the place?

Is it somethig to do with Sikh faith schools maybe?

No, nothing to do with faith schools, not in my opinion at least. My own theory - therefore with little scientific evidence - is there's something about Sikhi as well as the positive, honourable aspects of Punjabi culture that is congruent with the English (or British if you like) mentality of stoicsm and "let's just get on with it with the minimum of fuss." This down to earth way of approaching life is a natural fit for many Sikhs with their head screwed on right IMO.

None of us exist in a vacuum, and we must, surely, pick up certain traits of our surroundings knowingly or not. I can't comment definitively on North American Sikhs as I've never encountered any, but from what ive observed and second-hand accounts of the way their approach to life, they seem to be more concerned with ingratiating themselves with their hosts and becoming good Americans and whatnot, relegating their religious duties to a distant afterthought. Of course there are exceptions, so NA Sikhs don't get too offended at my theory, lol!

Edit: on second thoughts, there's many NA Sikhs who are good citizens and devout Sikhs, so that's probably unfair. What I was trying to say is there's a sizeable group of Sikhs (usually those that don't keep rehat) for whom Sikhi is an albatross around their neck, one of irritation not relevant to their seemingly modern, fast-moving lives as opposed to a source of goodness and inspiration.

There is a growing problem in the uk, despite what some will argue, amongst those from what you would term as traditionally Sikh families, I.e. non-practising couples in their 20s and 30s raising families. I have to rush off so I can't go into it as fully as I like, but this issue is related to class status, wealth, and confused identities. It ties into the points highlighted by Jonny Singh on the previous page.

The most 'Sikhs' who convert out are monas anyways. As if they really did anything dharmic anyways when they were shamal in Sikhi lol. They usually convert out if whatever religion bribes them with something, as if they'd take the new religion they converted out seriously too... lol.

thats an ugly post. says a lot about the poster.

Faith schools are a fairly recent thing. We have faith schools all over the world.

we're just very well established in britain. The second most financially successful community- i guess now that we've made our money, set our foundations, we're now concentrating on our faith. Thats my 2pennies anyways...

What does that have to do with my post? I'm happy about all the positive points you mentioned, but what I was saying was so what if a mona 'Sikh' decides to go to a different religion?? If they can't even listen to our Guru ji's vani (when they were mona 'Sikhs') they won't be successful in the other path they choose as well.

What part disturbs you about that post? I fail to understand what you're talking about.

Condescending. Completely arrogant. Quite assholeish...