Sant Hari Singh Randhawa Wale Controversy

GurburAkal

Someone here really needs to get in touch with the Guiness Book of World Records. I honestly believe we have now smashed the record for the 'number of times the word missionary has been mentioned in a single online thread'.

Missionary Missionary Missionary Missionary Missionary Missionary Missionary Missionary Missionary Missionary Missionary Missionary Missionary Missionary Missionary Missionary Missionary Missionary Missionary Missionary Missionary Missionary Missionary

Now call them up lol

found the video

I really was puzzled by this ...sakhi? Given Guru Nanak Dev Ji faisla in Gurbani about sutak . Given by the fact that Guru ji uplifted women by saying you no longer are a kalnkni if your husband or child dies , that you are equal in spiritual duties to Men i.e. all the moments of your life you pray , nitnem is constant unlike my Muslim sisters who are told not to go to mosque , to not do namaz and this is then used as a justification to count her devotion to Allah as lesser and thus her worth as well. My Hindu sisters and Jewish Sisters are also treated as polluting too during this time some sects of christians believe this too.

Guru Gobind SIngh ji had Mata Bhag Kaur as his personal Bodyguard does this mean she was excused duties at that time...if one followed the line of argument it sounds as if he is saying a woman in that state should not come to Guruji darbar or do matha tek ...so wrong ...

Well said sister jkvlondon Ji.

This video is pure manmat and totally against Sikhi and totally against Gurmat. Sikhi has total 100% gender equality!

Hari Randhawa is the head of Sant Samaj who support Badal + RSS + support the Hindu Mahants of the 1920's.

And whatever bahmanwaad stuff these peeps like Randhawa and Dhummna can push into Sikhi they always try.

What exactly was said by Baba Ji regarding the "impurity" of women? Did he actually say such a thing?

What I believe he is saying is not that women themselves are 'apavitar' but the body is during the time of menstruation, from a hygiene perspective. He cited an analogy of someone suffering from piles and bleeding saying a person suffering with this ailment should also refrain from performing seva of Guru Sahib. Most bibian as far as I know do not perform Rol during the menstrual cycle, whether this changes going forward or has already, I cannot say. Obviously, this monthly cycle is not a disease or condition and with the advent of better materials, is contained I'm sure far better than in the past.

Damdami Taksal Maryada briefly mentions:

A floor covering of animal dung, clay and hay (as is common in India) is never to be used where Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee is to reside. Nor should it be placed in a room where the floor coverings have been made of these sorts of materials. Amritdharee women are not to go to ‘Theean’ – a ladies festival which is held on each Sunday of the Bikrami month of Savan and they are not to clap/dance, do Gidda etc (performing seva on a monthly basis is merely superstition and not due to respect of the Guru). Women should not sit in the Guru’s Hazoori or do Chaur Sahib when they are menstruating.

There is no mention of them being unable to visit the Gurdwara during this time.

What I believe he is saying is not that women themselves are 'apavitar' but the body is during the time of menstruation, from a hygiene perspective. He cited an analogy of someone suffering from piles and bleeding saying a person suffering with this ailment should also refrain from performing seva of Guru Sahib. Most bibian as far as I know do not perform Rol during the menstrual cycle, whether this changes going forward or has already, I cannot say. Obviously, this monthly cycle is not a disease or condition and with the advent of better materials, is contained I'm sure far better than in the past.

Damdami Taksal Maryada briefly mentions:

A floor covering of animal dung, clay and hay (as is common in India) is never to be used where Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee is to reside. Nor should it be placed in a room where the floor coverings have been made of these sorts of materials. Amritdharee women are not to go to ‘Theean’ – a ladies festival which is held on each Sunday of the Bikrami month of Savan and they are not to clap/dance, do Gidda etc (performing seva on a monthly basis is merely superstition and not due to respect of the Guru). Women should not sit in the Guru’s Hazoori or do Chaur Sahib when they are menstruating.

There is no mention of them being unable to visit the Gurdwara during this time.

Waheguru ...I knew about the building materials ..and theaan ....but doesn't sitting in Hazoori mean sitting in the presence i.e.darbar ? Or am I misunderstanding and it just means in tabiya?

Waheguru ...I knew about the building materials ..and theaan ....but doesn't sitting in Hazoori mean sitting in the presence i.e.darbar ? Or am I misunderstanding and it just means in tabiya?

I always took hazoori to mean sitting before Guru Granth Sahib Ji, in terms of the role a Granthi undertakes, if you get what I mean. But now you mention it, is there a distinction between hazoori and tabiya?

I always took hazoori to mean sitting before Guru Granth Sahib Ji, in terms of the role a Granthi undertakes, if you get what I mean. But now you mention it, is there a distinction between hazoori and tabiya?

see I read this article and it also makes me think that perhaps it is being in the presence of Guru ji

http://www.sikhanswers.com/sikh-articles-of-faith-identity/significance-of-wearing-the-hazooria/

found the video

Guru ji uplifted women by saying you no longer are a kalnkni if your husband or child dies , that you are equal in spiritual duties to Men i.e. all the moments of your life you pray, nitnem is constant

unlike my Muslim sisters who are told not to go to mosque , to not do namaz and this is then used as a justification to count her devotion to Allah as lesser and thus her worth as well.

My Hindu sisters and Jewish Sisters are also treated as polluting too during this time some sects of christians believe this too.

Guru Gobind SIngh ji had Mata Bhag Kaur as his personal Bodyguard does this mean she was excused duties at that time

...if one followed the line of argument it sounds as if he is saying a woman in that state should not come to Guruji darbar or do matha tek ...so wrong ...

but if we take taksali message as meaning appearing before Guru ji that means we are no different in outlook than the hindus or muslims ...and therefore women as less reliable sewadars etc .

You hit the nail on the head jkvlondon Ji. What these Taksali's like Dhumma who do Sri Chand Puja and Sant Samaj pakhandi babe that work for RSS want is to infect Sikhs with Hindu soch which is totally against Gurmat and Sikhi.