I didnt know Bin-Laden was a sikh???

doctor_mani

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

walking down oxford street in london, was called "Bin Ladin" by an irish guy walking past!

I pretty much burst out laughing from the absurdity of it and was THIS close to calling him "IRA" back to see how he might like the same treatment, but my cool, calm nature pervaded!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

this teacher at my school thought i was a terrorist from afghanistan. he's like, " i thought u were a terrorist from afghanistan and u were gonna bomb this school." then i told him i was from india. he's like, "oh, im sorry, it was a misunderstanding." and also last year ppl were asking each other wat they were gonna be for halloween and this kid said to me,"u dont need a costume because ur alredy a bin laden." im like :wub:

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

I doubt any teacher is that ignorant to make such a remark, even if they do not know of Sikhs. However, in the rare case, if such a remark is made the teacher should be held accountable for religious discrimination, as all public schools, least in the United States, are suppose to neutral when it comes to religion.

"" i thought u were a terrorist from afghanistan and u were gonna bomb this school." "

I doubt the authencity of the statement if the teacher said it right-out serious, perhaps he said it in a different context..because that statement is not only right out bogus, but a teacher is never allowed to promote bombardment of a school. So, please clarify your remark. In any case, if the teacher made that comment he shouldn't be a teacher in the first place because he obviously doesn't know that all people from Afghanistan are not terrorists..and that all terrorists do not bomb schools. So, you sure a teacher said that?

However, nonetheless, I can totally believe a child saying that you do not need to dress up for Halloween.

Sat Sri Akal:

"I doubt any teacher is that ignorant to make such a remark, even if they do not know of Sikhs. However, in the rare case, if such a remark is made the teacher should be held accountable for religious discrimination, as all public schools, least in the United States, are suppose to neutral when it comes to religion. "

There was recently a meeting with the U.S. Department of Justice Civil Rights Division and the Sikh community. There, a Mr. Shaarik Zafar, a head of this division, told the Sangat of various bias incidents involving teachers and students...where they either made remarks against students or one case in which a teacher actually has the nerve to remove a Muslim girl's hijab from her head. These are cases that the U.S. government itself recognizes and has prosecuted against.

It does occur. It is a crime to do so, and should be reported.

One day i was walking to my car from school and 2 black people were staning in the parking lot and one of they said, "Osaaaaama Beeeeen Ladeeen" (in their funny accent). When I turned back and said, "I am not.....", they they laughed soooooo loud and run away.

One day I was sitting next to my white classmate. I am taking 2 classes with him and know him for about 3 years. He didn't know that i was a sikh. One day we were talking and he asked me to eat something. But I kindly refused. He asked me, "Oh yea, because it is Ramadaan?" I said, "What is Ramadaan"? He replied, "Don't you know what Ramadaan is, aren't you muslim". I said that I am not muslim. He replied, "Oh that's good." But when I told him that I am a Sikh, he had no idea and never heard of Sikhs and Sikhism. That's sad!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

well the guy that thought i was from afghanistan wasn't exactly a teacher, he was a helper for the afterschool program. we were all telling each other what countries we were from and wen i said i was from india, he said he thought i was from afghanistan and i was from a family of terrorists and i was gonna bomb the school. he did really say that.

and also a few weeks ago we had a substitude for science class and wen i came into the room the teacher said, "are you wearing the thing on ur head for religious reasons or what?" i said it was for religious reasons. he said, " ok then, thats a valid reason, or else i would make u take it off." i was thinking, i've been at this school for 4 years and none of the teachers or the principal ever said anything about my dastar, so y does this substitude guy think that he can make me take it off?

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!