Jeevan

Playing devil's advocate for a moment, the above conclusion reached by kathavachaks could be a convenient excuse for a lack of desire, motivation, and basic nous for someone to transcend their roots (in this case the low avastha of their mother), and not strive to struggle against the odds life has stacked against a person and achieve something notable in the grand scheme of life.

History points us in the opposite direction, whereby great individuals have been born to non-descript mothers who possess few, if any, remarkable qualities, be they spiritual or otherwise.

Of course, I'd be wrong to assume I know what hidden brilliance these women contained, but going back to the kathavachaks, I believe it's the age-old mentality of waiting and hoping for the perfect "Messiah" or Chosen One to return and provide a solution to our many problems; it's an approach that many religious leaders seem to spend their lives cultivating as a reason for why they and others are so helpless.

Simply put, they are blaming the mother, lol.

Aside from that I do agree with you in theory, but I'd temper those kathavachak generalisations with a bit of caution.

look at Bibi Bhani if she wasn't who she was it could be argued that Maybe we would not have our illustrious history of shaheedi ...that the house of Sodi Patshah would be different ...remember it was her wish for her descendants become the shaheeds of the panth. She must have been so blessed to be surrounded by Guru Sahiban in all the generations. Mata Tripta Devi ji was not a non-descript person but a person of bhagti , Mata Gujar Kaur ji even Akal Purakh said she was his bhagat ...

This doesn't make sense. Why would one make a time machine in order to separate the mother and father to get the answer to the question?

It's a straightforward simple question with a simple answer. You would be the child of both.

Time machine kitho ageyi? This is what is happening in the real world anyways, why put a time machine in the question.

People get divorced or separated, find new partners have their children etc etc, it's already happening, no need for the time machine.

giphy.gif

look at Bibi Bhani if she wasn't who she was it could be argued that Maybe we would not have our illustrious history of shaheedi ...that the house of Sodi Patshah would be different ...remember it was her wish for her descendants become the shaheeds of the panth. She must have been so blessed to be surrounded by Guru Sahiban in all the generations. Mata Tripta Devi ji was not a non-descript person but a person of bhagti , Mata Gujar Kaur ji even Akal Purakh said she was his bhagat ...

Im juat saying that kathavachaks have a responsibility to inspire us and empower us to achieve great things in accordance with Sikhi. They shouldnt be filling minds with, "We're in the mess we are because your mothers aren't good enough to birth great souls... instead they've produced people like you!" Lmao, that's completely the wrong message. Yet, as I said, I know and realise great avastha mothers are vitally important as well, but kathavachaks don't make the distinction clear enough for people to walk away with a positive message. It's all or nothing in most cases.

Im juat saying that kathavachaks have a responsibility to inspire us and empower us to achieve great things in accordance with Sikhi. They shouldnt be filling minds with, "We're in the mess we are because your mothers aren't good enough to birth great souls... instead they've produced people like you!" Lmao, that's completely the wrong message. Yet, as I said, I know and realise great avastha mothers are vitally important as well, but kathavachaks don't make the distinction clear enough for people to walk away with a positive message. It's all or nothing in most cases.

I know what you are saying in macho macho punjabiyat culture it's always the women at fault ...but if you are taking the Sikh viewpoint i.e. energetics and Karams you would see that when we have the blessing of a daughter we should take it as a deeper sewa since she will be the spring of future generations of Gursikhs or nastiks depending on our treatment of her and our teachings of sikhi, exposure to bani etc.

lol @MisterrSingh ji but if you read the question, it does read that doesn't it. Lolzz im not understanding what everybody is answering to.

the question went deep talking about whether it was mata or pita that ushered in the atma to the flesh or is it both of them ...sorry ...anyhoo koi unhonee nahin hunda , sara Paramatma ne pehla likhia.