Memorial For Sikh Soldiers Set To Be Unveiled In Staffordshire

singhbj singh

I've been guilty of the above, particularly during my youth and up until relatively recently. I found that a genuine effort to feel, understand, and absorb Gurbani helped me to escape that particular mental prison. It's rather liberating.

Count yourself blessed. Plenty of brothers and sisters are still trapped in that mental prison. It's not surprising given the sustained propaganda we've been (and still are!) subjected to.

Free yourself, and lets free our brothers and sisters too, through education and debate.

You dont know how foolish you sound. Maybe because your not a true Sikh Punjabi like us Bhatras are but a fake imposter. Thats why your probably resent us because you wish you was a Bhatra instead you are a fake Punjabi. no wonder why you cannot even speak Punjabi properly probably but speak in some pendu twang that is foreign to Punjab. Infact Muslims in Pakistan speak better Punjabi then you do . But not even they speak as good Punjabi as us. Thats the reality.

We were amongst the first Sikhs of Guru Nanak. You guys converted much later and entered Punjab much later. Thats why you will always be seen as fake Sikhs.

We are the real Sikhs. We just enjoy seeing u guys trrying to act Punjabi when Punjab is not native to you. But you are nothing but mutton dressed as a wool. We Bhatras are a proud community and dont want to mix with trash like you.

We Established Sikhism then you guys converted after seeing us. You wish you could be apart of us Bhatras but we keep you out as you are unfit to mix with us. Just face it no matter how many Punjabi songs you come out with or how much you try and convince yourself that you are Punjabi. You will always be fake imposters from iran or where ever you came from. But certainly not ethnically Punjabi. Jatts are low down people. Who scrub toliets for a living and commit crimes. This is their way. the Jatt way. Yo are nothing but pretentious Sikh Punjabis.

Bhatras have done very well in the uk. Its just we dont like to brag about it. we laugh when we see a jatt trying to act like a true Punjabi. because we know it is a pure faker.

you are jealous. You guys look so funny with your peculiar and strange faces. That just look daft and silly.

Yes I stand by my comments. The only reason you are Sikh today is beacuse of us. Otherwise you would probably be hindu or muslim. We established the Sikh faith in the early days.

Just face facts. you will always be seen as the fake Sikhs. :biggrin2:

Guru Sahib established Sikhi, not any particular group.

Why is Caste Racism rife on this forum, or allowed? it shouldn't be the case with any caste but Jatts are being unfairly targeted

We need to remember we are Sikhs before we're anything else. Brothers. Luckily (or unluckily depending on perspective) I've been spared from this jaat-paat back-and-forth because growing up was a struggle of keeping a roof over my head and wondering when I'd eat my next meal. When everyday is a basic fight to keep one's head above water, issues such as these fade into insignificance. My Jatt heritage did not offer me an advantage in life over non-Jatt's, neither did it spare me from any of the hardships I encountered. I realised quite early on why Guru Sahib made it their priority to abolish such labels.

Studying history, our heritage, the roots of our forefathers is essential for knowing who we are and where we're heading. However, revelling in our differences and looking to score points is a mug's game.

Let's not be mugs. :)

That was beautiful man.

I feel people like us who've suffered hardships are blessed in a certain respect when it comes to spirituality. As Guru ji says:

Dukh daru sukh rog paya, ja sukh taam nah hoe.

We've been blessed by Waheguru to see things in perspective.

Two wrongs make a right?

That is not what is going on here: In the end, people need to face the reality that a lot of psychological manipulation went on during our 100 years of subjugation. The fact that certain people are struggling (still!!) to see through this is alarming and plays a major factor in the sycophantic ghulaam mentality and inferiority complex many apnay have towards goray; as well as the hatred and contempt by the so-called higher castes towards the so-called lower castes, which everyone deep in his/her heart knows is totally at odds with what our Gurus taught. If jats get mentioned a lot in this dialog it's because they were central to the divide, conquer and rule mind games being played by wasps in Panjab.

All of this has/had a negative effect on our community that impacts us even to this day.

Wake up call brothers and sisters.

Reject identities given to you by manipulative outsiders, embrace your true heritage.