No Fireworks For Bandi Chor And Diwali.

lsingh

All Sikh organisations have requested that fireworks are not used at Gurdwaras this Bandi Chor. This is to show respect to the Sri Guru Granth Sahib and to the victims of Police shootings.

Sikhs expect this rule to be followed in the West also.http://m.hindustantimes.com/punjab/no-fireworks-lighting-at-golden-temple-on-diwali/story-5imsTBkjH4JieOzqWUsRJN.html

Good idea, instead give the fireworks money to the Shaheeds families and the needy.

And it will be good for the environment, people not inhaling all that firework smoke.

Useless in my opinion, I'm sure this will have a significant impact. Lots of people will care and notice!

for those who don't get it Your Guru has been assaulted, your brothers murdered is it really time to live it up ..I thought people would get it , but apparently not ....so thick

I will celebrate Bandi Chor diwas when my brothers and sisters are all home from Jail ... by doing what SInghs are noted for in history praying and karah

Good idea, instead give the fireworks money to the Shaheeds families and the needy.

And it will be good for the environment, people not inhaling all that firework smoke.

That would be a great idea, too bad SGPC will never even consider it.

for those who don't get it Your Guru has been assaulted, your brothers murdered is it really time to live it up ..I thought people would get it , but apparently not ....so thick

I will celebrate Bandi Chor diwas when my brothers and sisters are all home from Jail ... by doing what SInghs are noted for in history praying and karah

No, its understandable, but these symbolic gestures in the end help no one. Maybe the SGPC should get their act together, actually do something, I'm sure cancelling fireworks is not all they can do.