" *** #5 Sikhs @ Speakers Corner - Hyde Park ***

simran345

You see people don't like to be forced into something. When you see other faiths or religions on the streets or knocking at your door, some have their main aim to convert only. So people get this 'image', that they are being pressured to convert. And the Gurus opposed against forceful manipulative conversion, if it can be understood what I mean. A person should be able to experience Sikhi themselves and then decide to convert, by their own freedom of will, rather than convert like a 'parrot'.

That's why he said 'we are not here to convert but to make people aware of meditating Gods name'. And says "if one wants to convert to Sikhi they are welcome to". This being a pressure free, unforceful statement.

So you see it's a bit like the chocolate scenario again. There's no point in buying the chocolates and saying they are very tasty and better, when one hasn't even tasted them. Listen to the truth bits again, he corrects what the man is implying.

That quote comes to mind again, 'You can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink' .

thank u for clearing this up, makes sense now waheguru.

I just watched the whole video, now I wonder if Muslims even have the concept of compassion or humility?

I think for many, the way particular interpretations of their faith conditions their minds doesn't leave much room for compassion and humility in the face of a non-Muslim.

We can see from lots of examples current and in history that when you push a supremacist agenda, it inevitably leads to a dehumanisation of the other side. This inevitably leads to an absence of empathy on a wholesale scale in that society (apathy at best or more commonly antipathy). This psychologically enables all manner of dehumanised behaviour to take place at an individual and group level).

It's very common. We saw it with nazis and Jews. We saw/see it between western European whites and black Africans (actually with all the nonwhite races they colonised) . We see it right now in Syria between ISIS and Yahzdhis, Arabs and poor south asian migrants in their lands. We even see it in our own society between so-called high castes and low castes (before anyone jumps on a high horse).

Guest Jacfsing2

WHO THE HECK is this annoyin dark skinned fuddu askin dumb questions? Wat is he chewing aswel, coz chewing gum does not last that long either!

I'm more surprised that the Christian was Anti-Shastar especially since Evangelicals in America seem to be Pro-Shastar.