Why Lack Of Sikh In Boxing Mma An Other Combat Sports

sikhstudent99

Thing is, I think you may be less likely to be attacked by a trained martial artists because most (hopefully) would have imbibed some moral/ethical system from their martial art/training. So when you are randomly attacked it will more than likely be from some savage, brawling type bum.

The bum types are more unpredictable, you never know what they'll do.. I e: pick up bottles, glasses, bricks etc.. Not to mention that might be carrying knives and other weapons.

They will also kick, bite, headbutt, eye gouge etc etc.. Anything goes. Therefore asking someone to try and punch you like the guy in the video while but allowing them to use kicks , knees, groin strikes etc is a highly unrealistic scenario.

You can see in the video he complained when the guy stepped on his foot. That's a classic martial artist trick, trap the foot so your opponents movement is restricted allowing you take up a tactical position to launch your strike from.

The bum types are more unpredictable, you never know what they'll do.. I e: pick up bottles, glasses, bricks etc.. Not to mention that might be carrying knives and other weapons.

They will also kick, bite, headbutt, eye gouge etc etc.. Anything goes. Therefore asking someone to try and punch you like the guy in the video while but allowing them to use kicks , knees, groin strikes etc is a highly unrealistic scenario.

You can see in the video he complained when the guy stepped on his foot. That's a classic martial artist trick, trap the foot so your opponents movement is restricted allowing you take up a tactical position to launch your strike from.

I get you but for God's sake realise that we have to bring our people in step by step. From the very basics.

That being said, those dodging techniques ARE good for people to see and study. It's not the be all and end all.

As for the highlighted bit above. You should be careful with your words. I've met PLENTY of old school fighters who actually dealt with things like the NF and stuff, who would fight like the above (dirty). You'd have to be Bruce Lee (or more likely living in ladida land) to think you're going to take on a crew that is armed with your 'Kung Fu' (or whatever martial art) alone. Maybe lack of cameras everywhere back in the day made it easier to get away with such stuff?

Fact is that there are some people who are naturally good fighters, due to genetics/biology and intrinsic psychology. I've seen these pie-eating, stocky, (sometimes podgy) types kick the living f**k out of martial artist who've trained for years a few times. Some geezers you could hit with hammers and even axes, and they are still standing and game to fight. Some people have uncommon physical strength without any training due to genetic factors. So put all this in the mix.

It's when you get these types of people (already advantaged in fighting) taking up effective training that they become really deadly.

Just help get people off their ar5es and moving about for a start. The stuff you're talking about comes down the line in my opinion.

Hopefully I'm not talking out of turn here when I call them travellers or gypsies but some of these guys are hard as nails. They commonly settle scores internally with bare knuckle fights and they train their children to fight early on in the same way so they become hardened to face and body punches. A person trained in martial arts where full on contact is watered down in a fight against a gypsy will be a one way street to A&E.

So the random people trying to hit that guy were only allowed to throw punches.. Would have been a completely different story if knees, leg kicks , groin strikes were allowed. Also picking random unskilked bums off the street is one thing, try this against skilled person and see what happens.

The video is to show how to apply head movement an foot movement when facing punches

Question is why are shaster vidya students an teachers to scared to do the same

Allow random people with boxing gloves to attack them with punches an see how well there head movement an foot work works in a real situation

Problem is most martial arts schools wont test there theories there to scared to

An there are simple safe way to test them

Most martial arts schools teach choreography martial arts like this

We dont get to see if these things work in a unpredictable situation

With boxing muay thai an mma thy can test an ppl can see how there skills work in an unpredictable event when they have no idea what the other person is going to throw at them like this

Ive emailed ppl at shaster vidya to put up videos of this art being tested like how this guy demonstrates head movement but there to scared to

They choose to teach choreography martial arts like this

Ive seen a dozen street fights an there are thousands up loaded as well on youtube liveleak hiphopstar an list goes on

But you see very little traditional martial arts ever used but there are some things from each martial art that can be picked up applied but right now top combat system with out weapions is muay thai an mma which brings together boxing muay thai wrestling an ji jitsu an lil parts from other martial arts that can actually work

Videos of boxing in street fights working

Can you provide any evidence that martial arts like shaster vidya an other martial arts you suggest work better then mma boxing an muay thai when put to the test??

An most muay thai boxing an mma gyms also train in street self defence for situations were it is anything goes

When it comes to street fights with no weapions you want to make your hands arms an legs weapons so you can break there legs with strikes to the legs or body or any part of the head or neck an avoid getting hit by your opponents

Choreography martial arts like shaster vidya you know what the other person is going to throw at you in a safe situation

they dont teach or show how to handle an unpredictable situation when you dont know what your opponent is going to throw at you while under stress

In mma boxing muay thai you get to train in unpredictable situations under pressure

Were u dont know how your opponent will attack you

Hopefully I'm not talking out of turn here when I call them travellers or gypsies but some of these guys are hard as nails. They commonly settle scores internally with bare knuckle fights and they train their children to fight early on in the same way so they become hardened to face and body punches. A person trained in martial arts where full on contact is watered down in a fight against a gypsy will be a one way street to A&E.

all the muslim guys ensure they enrol their boys into fighting arts early , my daughter has a three year old pakistani lad in her jujitsu class , and other mums boast that their lads are doing boxing, muay thai ...if you learn to take the hits young , just like doing kirtan from a babe you don't flinch from doing it when older that's my observation.

all the muslim guys ensure they enrol their boys into fighting arts early , my daughter has a three year old pakistani lad in her jujitsu class , and other mums boast that their lads are doing boxing, muay thai ...if you learn to take the hits young , just like doing kirtan from a babe you don't flinch from doing it when older that's my observation.

Yep, a friend goes boxing with his sons, and he said the majority of boxers in his class are Muslims..

I guess we have progress with even discussing training.

Not long ago hordes of Amritdharis were under some illusion that they don't need to train to improve their fighting abilities as their paat would be enough to instantaneously give them superhuman strength when a violent situation or war suddenly ensued.

need to have a marriage of piri with miri to be a success

When it comes to representing India on an international stage, the answer to this is very easy.

The best athletes don't done the nations flag. Instead, relatives of powerful people and people of high hindu castes represent the country in international sporting events.

I visited my pind a couple of years ago and was absolutely stunned at the skill level of some of the young kids in the game of soccer (as some of you folks call it -- football). You're telling me a country of 1 billion people can't put together 20 elite soccer players? If India actually put the 20 best soccer players in the country with proper coaching, we'd be top 5 in the FIFA rankings with the likes of Germany, Spain, Brazil.

I guess we have progress with even discussing training.

Not long ago hordes of Amritdharis were under some illusion that they don't need to train to improve their fighting abilities as their paat would be enough to instantaneously give them superhuman strength when a violent situation or war suddenly ensued.

Agreed.. This mentality is still rife amongst Sikhs. They fail to understand the sant/sipahi, miri piri balance after equally add important.

There is complete neglect of physical fitness and martial training from the life style of most modern day Sikhs. The kirpan has been demoted from a shastar to a symbolic piece of clothing. Some people think it's ok to just wear a little kirpan on a necklace instead.

'There was talk of such a science of archery and stick fighting only a few years ago in the Punjab that listening of it the English-educated young men will consider it astonishing. In sincerity I believe present day young men might just consider these skills and Shastar Vidiya most likely impossible, because they have not even seen those bows nevermind stringing them. Like this, many sciences and skills after attaining their heights have declined. Before 1857 many quivers full of arrows, matchlocks, flintlock guns, swords, lances, spears, Sang, Katar, Pesh Kabz, pistols, shields etc., weapons, armour and many types of chainmail was found house to house, and all the people in their homes learned and taught Shastar Vidiya and became complete soldiers.

Now no one even speaks of these skills the sons of brave warriors are becoming engrossed in making money, even to us who have employed Shastar Vidiya, it is becoming a dream. In another fifty years or so, this Vidiya would have dried up and people will say it (past skills) were but, all lies'

('Twarikh Guru Khalsa', Giani Gian Singh Nirmala (1899) Vol.1, Pa. 36-37)