Standing During Lava During Anand Karaj

khalsaman1

But having said that, i really liked ppl i met in both jathas. You shoukd really try to meet some ppl in jathas and taksal yourself. Its really cool how much they are into sikhi than us average sikhs. Of course tne youngsters take it too far, but kids like making cliques. So really try to meet some jatha/taksal singhs

From my experience, having encountered many of the "dedicated" from various jathas as i was growing up, one thing I feel they unanimously share across the board is an inability to look at the bigger picture. It was an unsettling feeling that troubled my conscience even as a child, and something I detected in them early on, but unable to articulate until recently. Whilst the hypocritical amongst them were a lost cause that I didn't spend much time wondering why they were the way they were, it was the otherwise decent and good-natured ones that gave me cause for concern.

I tried to emulate them for a while throughout my formative years in their dogged, inflexible approach, assuming that I was the one who was lacking in some way, but it proved too much for me. I am not suggesting for one moment my level of adherence was and is lax in any way; I like to think I'm disciplined and resolute in those ways that a Sikh should be disciplined, but not at the expense of a greater understanding of humanity.

I don't know, I guess what I'm trying to say, quite badly, is that whereas they saw Sikhi from a purely limited and immediately local perspective that was filtered quite heavily through their racial, cultural, and personal experiences, I've always felt Sikhi to be something that encompasses the entire spectrum of existence and not just one tiny part of it. Which approach makes for a better Sikh? God knows, lol.

I should clarify, I'm not one of those, "All paths lead to the same destination" type of pappu. Sikhi is a unique gift that, from what I can gather, other faiths barely begin to scratch the surface when it comes to uncovering the truths that Sikhi lays bare in an instant. Such a unique path should have an affect on the follower of that path, in terms of transforming an individual from within and eventually ironing out anything in their character that is an antithesis of the path they are on. Yet, from what I saw, there were no such improvements or changes in those people over the years and decades. But there was a lot of gum flapping.

I have noticed one thing. People on forums can become very nasty almost dusht like. I mean only a dusht would do the maha paap of Sant ki Ninda as we saw on a recent thread that was closed yesterday where a Mahapurkh was repeatedly insulted. But when you try to spit at the moon the spit will only land on your own face with full force. Moon will remain unaffected.

This is one of the main reasons why I dislike missionaries because they disrespect respected Gursikhs of the past.

I've noticed another thing: People generally, on these forums, are pretty dishonest, inconsistence and damnright fraudulent, as we saw on a recent thread that was closed yesterday. The same people that hate 'missionariies' like kala afghana because he wants to cut Guru ji's limb and rightly violently demonstrate and attack him absolutely love and adore men that cut Guru Ji's limbs years ago, as if cutting off an ang of the Guru is just a small insignificant thing that should be overlooked. Then, the next day, these inconsistent men come along to the forum and attack the man that is consistent. Considering how Sikhi is about truth and truthful living, and those who practice dishonesty are pappi, one can't help worry for the souls of those blind.

I've noticed another thing: People generally, on these forums, are pretty dishonest, inconsistence and damnright fraudulent, as we saw on a recent thread that was closed yesterday. The same people that hate 'missionariies' like kala afghana because he wants to cut Guru ji's limb and rightly violently demonstrate and attack him absolutely love and adore men that cut Guru Ji's limbs years ago, as if cutting off an ang of the Guru is just a small insignificant thing that should be overlooked. Then, the next day, these inconsistent men come along to the forum and attack the man that is consistent. Considering how Sikhi is about truth and truthful living, and those who practice dishonesty are pappi, one can't help worry for the souls of those blind.

I know you cannot read Punjabi but if you have an English transliteration Gutka then read the 13th ashtpadi if Sri Sukhmani Sahib of how big the paap is of Sant ki Ninda and what are the consequences of such a Maha Paap. it is a rakshas(demonic) trait you are displaying by repeatedly doing this paap. But maybe it is not your fault. Gurbani says PAAP BURA, PAAPI KO PIARA. A paapi when he repeatedly does the same paap over and over again begins to like it and repeats it even more. Khair, you should repent instead of repeatedly doing paap of Sant Ki Ninda.

I know you cannot read Punjabi but if you have an English transliteration Gutka then read the 13th ashtpadi if Sri Sukhmani Sahib of how big the paap is of Sant ki Ninda and what are the consequences of such a Maha Paap. it is a rakshas(demonic) trait you are displaying by repeatedly doing this paap. But maybe it is not your fault. Gurbani says PAAP BURA, PAAPI KO PIARA. A paapi when he repeatedly does the same paap over and over again begins to like it and repeats it even more. Khair, you should repent instead of repeatedly doing paap of Sant Ki Ninda.

Guru ji says it best 'jo Har ka piara so sabhna ka piara' don't be quick to dismiss the Gursikh because they do not initially seem to fit YOUR idea of a Sikh, just observe over time their interactions with others and the general effect of people doing their sangat the hidden will become apparent . There have been times when people I thought of with respect fell from the pedestal because they didn't measure up to Guru ji's advice on how to treat humanity but I always believe that everyone is a better sikh than me anyhow ... Waheguru knows the hearts of all and I pray that He keeps us all on the right path.

Guest Jacfsing2

Can we please not turn this into another debate?Blasphemy of mahapurakhs like Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh should call for an immediate ban.

You do realize the only reason the Singh Sahba movement and the SGPC exists is because of Randhir Singh. (Before that we were all united under the Bhudha Dal).

You do realize the only reason the Singh Sahba movement and the SGPC exists is because of Randhir Singh. (Before that we were all united under the Bhudha Dal).

Singho either my post lacks clarity or you have misread it.

I am trying to say that any slander of mahapurkhs like Randhir Singh should result in an automatic ban from this website.

Do you realize how wrong this info is? Bhai Randhir Singh jee had nothing to do with Singh Sabha movement. The Singh Sabha movement was started and spear headed by Gursikh Pyare, Prof Gurmukh Singh Jee and Giani Ditt Singh Jee(may their sweet memories live on). Due to this movement Sikhi was revived which otherwise was in the decline. The Sikh population rebounded and doubled in a matter of a few years of Singh Sabha Parchar.

And since when did SGPC get created by Bhai Randhir Singh Jee? He was in jail before and after the Gurdwara reform movement happened. In other words, he completely missed out on the Gurdwara reform movement because he was serving jail for 17 years. The glorious Gurdwara reform movement was where tens of thousands of Gursikhs freed our Gurdwaras from Hindu Sanatanist Pujaris. All of the jails of Punjab were filled with Sikhs. These Sanatanists were fully backed by the British who killed hundreds of Sikhs by literally beating them to death in the various Morchas. All of India was awe inspired by seeing these Shaheedis where Singhs were beaten but they did not once react by screaming in pain. A British man who witnessed this says the Singhs reminded him of Christ.

I was going to reply to all the koor parchar on that thread yesterday but the mods had closed it before I could post.