Sign in to follow this  
Balkaar

Kohinoor - India Betrays Sikhs Again, Attempts To Distort Our History

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3545500/India-says-Koh-Noor-diamond-belongs-Britain.html

So apparently an Indian solicitor has 'admitted' that "the Kohinoor was given voluntarily by Ranjit Singh to the British as compensation for their help in the Sikh Wars, in 1850"

In 1850. 11 years after Ranjit Singh had died....

For British help in the ANGLO-Sikh Wars... Because their dismantling and subjugation of the Sikh nation was actually them helping us.

Of course we have little right to this jewel, it was never really ours to begin with. We claimed it by right of conquest, as did the Brits. But this Indian lawyer's brazen distortion of the Sikh people's history in order to justify his country's cowardly surrender can't be ok.

Edited by Balkaar
  • Like 1

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The facts are indisputable. Yet, this could be a devious ploy to get Sikhs to raise their heads above the parapets by making us vocal advocates for reclaiming the diamond, thus demonising us as dangerously anti-British in the eyes of the public. I wouldn't put it past them. It's bait.

• Like 1

I read it and straight out laughed then facepalmed after seeing this on FB ...India will not claim it because the way things are going they know that Brits are more likely to give it to us , the paks or the Afghans than them ... but let it not be said they wont act as if they are doing aaasan on UK

Edited by jkvlondon

Such crap written its embarassing! So according to the gangu lawyer in the article ranjit singh gifted the brits with the diamond after the wars......So let me get this straight, after dying in 1839, ranjit singh came back frm the dead 11yrs later and gifted the brits the diamond? Wow i knew ranjit singh was a special man but not that special. Also it then dispicably states how ranjit singh gave it to the brits for the HELP THEY GAVE in the sikh wars? WHAT THE F*** is this d!ckhead cow p!$$ drinker goin on about? So ranjit singh supposedly rewarded his enemies for destroying his own empire and that too as a dead person? We all know hindus r re-writing history, but this is a new low.

LOL

Since a sizable number of Sikhs live in the UK and other previous English colonies like the US, Canada and Australia and enjoy a higher sense of personal freedom and wealth then they could ever imagine by their Indian counter parts I think, Sikhs should gift this diamond to the Brits. We can raise some sort of 'write in' whereby all Sikhs living in the UK, US, Canada, Britian...give their full support that it should remain the British crown.

As a Sikh if I had to choose, i would rather it remain in the hands of the British then the Indians.

• Like 2

Such crap written its embarassing! So according to the gangu lawyer in the article ranjit singh gifted the brits with the diamond after the wars......So let me get this straight, after dying in 1839, ranjit singh came back frm the dead 11yrs later and gifted the brits the diamond? Wow i knew ranjit singh was a special man but not that special. Also it then dispicably states how ranjit singh gave it to the brits for the HELP THEY GAVE in the sikh wars? WHAT THE F*** is this d!ckhead cow p!$$ drinker goin on about? So ranjit singh supposedly rewarded his enemies for destroying his own empire and that too as a dead person? We all know hindus r re-writing history, but this is a new low.

Apparently all major news channels in India are quoting that d**& head. Tells you about their credibility, doesn't it?

Edited by WaljinderSingh
  • Like 1

It should stay with the Brits, they won so its all theirs. Plus its not like the Sikhs were its first owners. As for this Indian scumbag? Just ridiculous. I hate how they try to pass off Maharaja Ranjit Singhs empire as an "Indian empire."

Edited by KhoonKaBadlaKhoon
  • Like 3

I may be wrong, but this is what I think. It is purely the Sikhs fault that they had a part to play in the downfall of the united Punjab because of the greed an hatred they had in their hearts against Dilip Singh the son of Maharaja Ranjit Singh inheriting The Sikh Empire.

We should first learn to sort out our differences and stand together before laying claim on the kohinoor, which any way is no longer in one piece anymore.

The Kohinoor got into Maharaja Ranjit's hands because he earned it by going to rescue some king who had been kidnapped. His queen had promised Maharaja Ranjit singh the diamond. She reluctantly handed it over and the Maharaja had to request for it a number of times.

However the British obtained it with tricks and cleverness, thanks to help from Anpe. What an ironical state is it that the maharaja's son was converted in to Christianity and all his parvaar lives in the Uk as British. I recently saw a book with all their pictures and paintings.

Again - what benefit is the Kohinoor going to give us if we don't have dharam on our side? Isn't it just going to put more fights between us? Where are we going to place it? In a Museum in India where it may go missing or elsewhere - which we still have to find ?

Of all of us, it was only Maharaja Ranjit singh who managed to acquire it with fair methods and keep it safely. Perhaps we should look into the qualities which made him brave enough and fair enough to establish such a successful rule. We should all try to learn some lessons from his life and teach our kids too.

http://kohinoordiamond.org/history-of-kohinoor-diamond/

Edited by sikhni777
  • Like 1

Maharaja was stabbed in the back by the Dogras primarily.

But others who were once loyal to Maharaja Ranjit singh ended up betraying the infant maharaja anyway.

From what I've read, Maharaja Ranjit Singh was no saint either. His attempt to undermine the misls and take over their territories caused the Malwa faction to run to the British.

• Like 1

I have recently been watching this series which gave me the idea of what Maharaja Ranjit was actually set out to achieve and the challenges he faced. Have not finished it.

He wanted to unite all under him and his fight was against the Afghans. Lots of things have been twisted in different accounts which we read later on. However his rule was the most just which led all to turn to him for help. All Muslims and Hindus looked to him for justice. There were people from all religions in his government. He was a firm believer in God too.

All the rest are shown to be quite jealous of him and many treacheries were planned against him. However he was quite lucky in defeating them all.

Treaty of Lahore

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Lahore#Text_of_the_1849_Last_Treaty_of_Lahore

Edited by sikhni777
  • Like 1

interesting nearly all are to do with two faiths history SIkhi and Buddism ....let's grab up their historical evidence so they cannot claim anything ...we can rewrite the history to suit us (Hindians)..

Apparentely the SHiv sena is planning to take over all Delhi's historical gurdwarey , their sikh wing has been sitting down to plan strategy in delhi...Time for Delhi's sheep sikhs to wake up and protect their gurdwarey.

• Like 1